+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello Wandering Mind!

Thank you for the reply, I can't remember if I have already thanked you, but no harm in a second thank you, so Thank you! :D

I still have a somewhat related question but let me try and search the thread first if this has been already asked.

All the best with your application!

Thanks again!
You're welcome :)

NAVIN146

Aug 19, 2016
Hi,

I have got my ielts score today
L - 7.5
R - 7
W - 6.5
S - 7
CLB 8

My CRS score sums upto 389.
My question is should i create profile and enter the pool or take a retest and wait to get CLB 9 and then emter the pool.

Thanks,
Navin

suede

Nov 16, 2015
Hello again friends, I have a new set of questions and I hope you never tire in helping people like me.

- Which IELTS Result date to use, the date at the top, or the date at the bottom near the Administrator’s Signature.

- Wife's (Main Applicant) Passport is expiring on 2018 and we are planning on renewing our Passports this coning September, should we wait for the new Passport before we create our EE Profile?

- In relation to the questions above, is the IELTS test tied to the Passport since we used our Passports as the Candidate ID?

Thank you all, I apologize if the questions above seems trivial, I just don’t want to risk it.

Cheers all!

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

L - 7.5
R - 7
W - 6.5
S - 7
CLB 8

My CRS score sums upto 389.
My question is should i create profile and enter the pool or take a retest and wait to get CLB 9 and then emter the pool.

Thanks,
Navin
Doesn't really matter actually. You can change your IELTS bands anytime before getting ITA.
It's highly unlikely that you would get ITA as your crs score is 389.
All the best for Ielts.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello again friends, I have a new set of questions and I hope you never tire in helping people like me.

- Which IELTS Result date to use, the date at the top, or the date at the bottom near the Administrator’s Signature.

- Wife's (Main Applicant) Passport is expiring on 2018 and we are planning on renewing our Passports this coning September, should we wait for the new Passport before we create our EE Profile?

- In relation to the questions above, is the IELTS test tied to the Passport since we used our Passports as the Candidate ID?

Thank you all, I apologize if the questions above seems trivial, I just don’t want to risk it.

Cheers all!
The date at the bottom is Result date. The one at the top is exam date. You can attach LOE and provide old and new passport copies I guess.

Reactions: suede

RahulSinena

Jun 10, 2017
Hi,

L - 7.5
R - 7
W - 6.5
S - 7
CLB 8

My CRS score sums up to 389.
My question is should I create profile and enter the pool or take a retest and wait to get CLB 9 and then enter the pool.

Thanks,
Navin
Hey Navin,
I would suggest you to take exam again and improve your Writing and listening score little more.
Getting an 8,7,7,7(L,R,S,W) would jump your score to 432 ,which then would be a good bet to make an entry into the pool.

Good Luck!!!

Reactions: dimidaza

r.vasquez

Aug 17, 2017
Dear Raj,
Thanks very much for the detail explanation! I believe that it has been of great value for many people interested in the applying to Express Entry.
I have a quick question for you... I've already submitted my profile but I just realized that i made a mistake in the number of my ECA, is it possible for me to change it or would it be a problem for my application?

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

Best regards,
Rub

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Hello

I will be highly obliged if anyone could kindly guide on the below mentioned query

One of my paternal uncle is in Canada and I have mentioned this in my EE profile. As per requirement, I need to prove the relationship. My father's birth certificate is missing so as an alternate I wanted to know whether submitting marriage certificates would suffice or not.

From what I know, father's name is not mentioned in Canadian passport.

Please advise how can I go about proving this relationship.

Prerana

Aug 17, 2017
Hello, I am from Mumbai and looking to apply for a Canadian PR, however, I have a few doubts about my case:
1. For NOC Codes - is it important for the "employment requirements" to be fulfilled or is it enough that majority of the "main duties" are covered? Example - I worked as a teacher in an NGO called Teach for India full time for 2 years with a salary having done all the duties that come under code 4032. But the employment requirement states Bachelors of Education degree which I don't have as the NGO employment did not require it. Can I proceed with this code or I will need to change it?

2. Under what circumstances can a PR get rejected other that misrepresentation? If the proof of documents is authentic, will slight discrepancies in NOC code (in case of the above) cause for rejection?

3. In case my PR gets denied and I get into a masters course or any degree, can my Student Visa be rejected because my PR was denied or I applied for one?

Amitchawla

Aug 15, 2017
India
Hey guys, is there any thread for ECA process?
Can anyone help me with ECA process in India. I have degree of CA and did graduation (B.Com.). Do I need to get ECA done for both the degrees or only higher degree i.e. CA assessment is good enough? My wife has degree of MA (correspondence) and BA (regular). Do I need to get ECA done for both the degrees?

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
Hi House,

My question is do we have to maintain the bank statement amount or it would be fine if for a week or so the account goes less than what CIC asks.
My application is under security background check now (5 month passed)

Thanks in advance

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All
I had received an ITA under FSW and submitted my docs today with my fees paid.Below is a summary
2010 -2012 ( Software Engineer )
2012-2014 (Pursuing MBA )
2014-2016 (Business Analyst )

I have uploaded employment records for Software engineering docs against Business Analyst and vice versa.It is just a case of swap of docs.Kindly let me know if I can make a change in the profile and the documents submitted.

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I am filling up eApr. In case of my Spouse, she attended higher secondary exam and waited for results for few months since she turned 18. Then admitted in a university after 6 months or so. Overall there was around 1 year gap.

Actual Scenario is:

2008-02 to 2008-06 : Attended Higher Secondary Exam
2008-07 to 2009-01 : Preparing for Higher Education
2009-01 to 2012-12 : Admitted and attended University.

Now, in Personal History, shall I mention that she attended higher secondary exam and all details? or shall I mention the whole time range as "Unemployed/Preparing for Higher Education"?

Can I mention the details as:

2008-02 to 2009-01 : Preparing for Higher Education
2009-01 to 2012-12 : Admitted and attended University.

sswas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
I received ITA in the latest draw and for work experience one of my company is not providing the letter that states I have works 40 hrs a week and will not mention job description. In such cases how do I proceed further to showcase my proof of work? What can be done? please suggest an alternate way to showcase my experience to CIC.