+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

reye27

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
As long as you provide a marriage certificate to Canadian immigration it doesn't matter if you and your wife have different surnames. My spouse and I have different surnames and we've had no issues so far - I've received my OINP nomination and an ITA, and I'll be submitting my application soon.

Changing the maiden name in fact creates more confusion and additional documentation - for example all her degree certificates will have her maiden name and hence she'll need an affidavit and other documents to prove she's the same person with a new married name.

If she's changing her name just for the sake of Canadian immigration I'd suggest that there's no need to do it. If she's doing it for personal reasons then she can go ahead with it.

Good luck to you both.
Thanks for sharing this information. After getting married, my wife has not changed her name in any official documents (i.e National ID card, passport, educational degrees). Does she need to change her name in passport for immigration or for police certificate?

Swapnali

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing this information. After getting married, my wife has not changed her name in any official documents (i.e National ID card, passport, educational degrees). Does she need to change her name in passport for immigration or for police certificate?

Hi Experts ,

I have a similar query - My maiden name is reflected on my passport (date of expiry 2020 :( )and educational docs . However my National ID card (ie Aadhar card) , Pan card , Voter's id have new name. What do i do ? Apply for new passport with new name or continue applying to EE with maiden name ?

Note - I dont have any personal issues for the maiden/new name. I just want to follow a process that is not complicated.

Kindly guide

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi all
Regarding address history in same country, pls help to clarify this point.

My permanent address is in city A. But I've been working at city B for 3 years.
So in Address history, if I stick only to city A, will CIC doubt my work?
I'm quite hesitant to add city B in address history because all my documents were issued based on permanent address (city A)

Pls help advise. Thank you!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
No, she doesn't have to change her name for anything, including immigration and police certificates.

For the purposes of proving relationship, a marriage certificate is more than enough.

Reactions: reye27

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi Experts ,

I have a similar query - My maiden name is reflected on my passport (date of expiry 2020 :( )and educational docs . However my National ID card (ie Aadhar card) , Pan card , Voter's id have new name. What do i do ? Apply for new passport with new name or continue applying to EE with maiden name ?

Note - I dont have any personal issues for the maiden/new name. I just want to follow a process that is not complicated.

Kindly guide
The most uncomplicated process is to retain your maiden name all your life. It's less complicated and avoids unnecessary hassles and documentation.

For Canada immigration, you won't need your Aadhar, PAN or Voter ID, just your passport, marriage certificate and educational documents. As long as your name on all these documents matches, you're good to go.

Good luck.

Reactions: Swapnali

mith89

Aug 4, 2017
hi
i will apply to express entry bt i have query regarding my work experience.

i worked in an institute for 20 months bt then i i went away and dint resigned there in few months i got letter of termination due to my absence from job.

now they wont issue me experience certificate. could the pay slips will be eligible for this that i worked there? or experience certificate is necessry ?

or i can make it and signed it not from the management but from my superiors of my department?

thanks.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
hi

i worked in an institute for 20 months bt then i i went away and dint resigned there in few months i got letter of termination due to my absence from job.

now they wont issue me experience certificate. could the pay slips will be eligible for this that i worked there? or experience certificate is necessry ?

or i can make it and signed it not from the management but from my superiors of my department?

thanks.
Pay slips, offer letter, Letter from your managers, tax statement all these will help.

Jul 11, 2017
Dear Members,
I need some guidance regarding the language points for EXPRESS entry program of Canadian immigration.

I am giving both Language exams i.e. IELTS and TEF in upcoming weeks. My question is,

Will I get numbers for both exams separately?

What would be the distribution of numbers if I score high in TEF and less in IELTS?

Is there any way to achieve SCORES of both exams to get the highest LANGUAGE numbers for your application.

Regards
Ali Kazim

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

thanks.
you cant claim points for this job unless they issue a experience letter, or a job description letter
meaning the letter should entail when you started, ended and what roles and responsibilities you had when you were employed

without this letter, they cannot be sure the NOC you have applied under is correct or not.

pay slips and salary letter is an add on - but without the R&R letter, its worthless.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Members,
I need some guidance regarding the language points for EXPRESS entry program of Canadian immigration.

I am giving both Language exams i.e. IELTS and TEF in upcoming weeks. My question is,

Will I get numbers for both exams separately?

What would be the distribution of numbers if I score high in TEF and less in IELTS?

Is there any way to achieve SCORES of both exams to get the highest LANGUAGE numbers for your application.

Regards
Ali Kazim
just go through this calculator
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

play around with the IELTS score, TEF score... change IELTS as primary and then TEF as primary to see how the individual score impacts the overall CRS score. all your questions would be answered

good luck

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hi Members.

I am quite new to this and am planning to apply for PR through Express Entry soon. While going through these forums and other sources, doing the initial necessary spade-work I am in a fix regarding one thing to start with. Let me try and explain it below.

- I am an architect with a valid degree from a reputed institute in India. The degree is valid in Canada.
- SInce 2006 (the year i graduated) I have been in regular jobs till a few years ago.
- I was working with an architectural firm, say X till the end of 2012. Then I took transfer to a sister-concern company of X. So from 2013 till mid of 2015 I was employed in this company of X, say Y from now on. Subsequently after a few months in 2013 I owned 50% shares of the company Y, and still continue to do so. It is worth mentioning that both these firms X & Y were in the same architectural domain, in one way or the other.
- In September 2015 I had to shift to another firm after being hit by a bad recession in Real-estate. I could not find a suitable job in Architecture and shifted to a different domain. So since then till today I am not working in the field of architecture.

Now comes my question.
How does this affect my application? My degree is in architecture and for the past 2 years I am working in a different field. Does my NOC depend on the last few years' experience or my degree? Is it imperative that I should have worked in the domain of my degree?

Am I even eligible to apply? Or in other words will application even stand a chance?

Your help will be solicited.

Thanks in advance.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Members.

I am quite new to this and am planning to apply for PR through Express Entry soon. While going through these forums and other sources, doing the initial necessary spade-work I am in a fix regarding one thing to start with. Let me try and explain it below.

- I am an architect with a valid degree from a reputed institute in India. The degree is valid in Canada.
- SInce 2006 (the year i graduated) I have been in regular jobs till a few years ago.
- I was working with an architectural firm, say X till the end of 2012. Then I took transfer to a sister-concern company of X. So from 2013 till mid of 2015 I was employed in this company of X, say Y from now on. Subsequently after a few months in 2013 I owned 50% shares of the company Y, and still continue to do so. It is worth mentioning that both these firms X & Y were in the same architectural domain, in one way or the other.
- In September 2015 I had to shift to another firm after being hit by a bad recession in Real-estate. I could not find a suitable job in Architecture and shifted to a different domain. So since then till today I am not working in the field of architecture.

Now comes my question.
How does this affect my application? It does not affect your application in any way.
My degree is in architecture and for the past 2 years I am working in a different field. That's okay.
Does my NOC depend on the last few years' experience or my degree? You'll have to choose a primary NOC for the eligibility (FSW) points. For CRS score, both your NOC (for architecture and other domain) can be used.
Is it imperative that I should have worked in the domain of my degree? Nope.

Am I even eligible to apply? Or in other words will application even stand a chance? Chances of your application will depend on your eligibility and CRS score. Use the below links to check both.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Good luck!

Your help will be solicited.

Thanks in advance.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
I applied for OINP and showed that my spouse and child were not accompanying me. My score was 405. I got nominated and received ITA as well. I will be applying for EAPR soon. Now my wife has also received her ECA, Police character certificate and Medical reports and passports and so has my son who is 6 years old. I have received ITA with score of 1005. Can she and my child accompany me now? If yes then kindly guide me how. I want them to accompany me. Kindly consider my case and allow them to accompany me if possible.
She has IELTS overall score of 6 and has Mater's degree in Commerce and is also a banker having 9 years experience.
Looking forward to kind response from your side.
Thank you.

mith89

Aug 4, 2017
you cant claim points for this job unless they issue a experience letter, or a job description letter
meaning the letter should entail when you started, ended and what roles and responsibilities you had when you were employed

without this letter, they cannot be sure the NOC you have applied under is correct or not.

pay slips and salary letter is an add on - but without the R&R letter, its worthless.
MAy b i can make this from the doctor under whom i worked not from the HR. And he will mention all the above details. That should be fine?
THanks.