+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Guys,
Quick question.

Im just going to submit my application next week and going through the documents. I followed the draft of reference letter listed out on page 1 of a nailing a reference letter thread here. I just realised something.....my letters do NOT list benefits out. It lists out all the other required info.

While 6 out of the 9 jobs I have had (in between freelancing I did contract work) does not provide benefits, my other 3 permanent roles do.

As it was SUCH A PAINFUL process getting the references from the bosses, can I just ask HR to write an additional letter with 1 paragraph stating....
"So and so was received / did not receive the benefits as per listed below" and attach it to my

My submission date is next WED!!!!

Any feedback will be much appreciated thanks.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi Seniors,
I got my ITA and in uploading section I can 1 tab: Marrige License/Certificate and 2 Tab: Proof of relationship
For Tab Marrige License/Certificate - In "?" it says, you need to provide document if you were married outside canada or inside canada.
For Tab Proof of relationship - In "?" it says, You must provide proof of relationship with your host or family member. This includes Marrige Certificate, Birth Certificate, official document naming as you parent, a copy of inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviters parents. (But nobody invited me and I mentioned I have relatives in canada and for that I have seperate tab to upload the documents)
Also for Employment records I have 2 tabs to upload the data. Is it normal??

Pls help!!!

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors.

I have asked parts of this lengthy question in few threads, but I would have a peace of mind if someone can confirm the following. I received ITA few days back and I'm in the process of uploading docs and I really don't want to mess anything up.
I have 2 UK bachelors degrees which I completed in my home country. In my EE profile, I have filled the education history as follows:
  • Degree A (By Correspondence) - Country of education: UK
  • Degree B (By Correspondence) - Country of education: UK
My ECA report for both the credentials also states the country of education as UK.

I have two issues:
1. When filling the personal history section, what should I do for the question "country/territory" ?
2. Now when going through reasons for rejection in various threads I came across instances where applications were rejected due to missing PCCs due to distance learning. can u apply for PCCs for countries which you haven't visited at all?

What are the additional documents that I can submit to prove that a PCC is not required in order to avoid rejection from the initial glance at my application.

Subho_sagnik

Apr 11, 2017
Hi,

1) I am not 100% sure about your particular case, but I believe you need to have at least 1 year of full-time work experience to qualify.
2) Yes it will help as you get extra points for the Job/LMIA.
3) No, you need both the IELTS and ECA to create an EE profile.

Regards
Thank you so much for the help. I will certainly check whether i am eligible for the application with a contract of one year.
Sagnik Datta.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
If I'm currently residing in Canada and got ITA. Can I travel to my home country for one month to get a police certificate and then go back to canada?...

I have also heared about rejection of PCC due to issue before departure from country??
Is that related to this case (even for 1 month)
No you can not. The PCC has to be issued to you after the last day you were in that country. In other words, it must be issued from outside the country.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone emailed HRSDC regarding any NOC clarifications recently? what was their response time? I sent one on the 22nd but still no reply

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
I need clarification on this, if I started a new job in April 2016, after about 5 years break and I had to travel in February 2017 for about 5 weeks because of a medical emergency, will those five weeks be deducted from it? Will the job still be considered continuous? Help pls.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,
I have few doubts for uploading docs in EE.
1: My current passport is new and my previous one contains all the stamps and visa. Do I need to scan that as well?? Do we need to scan blank pages as well. total would be 36+36=72 Pages.
2: Do we need to Provide LOE for Travel History as well.??
3: My aunt (Mom real Sister) lives in canada and I'm showing as relation in canada: I am attaching her PR Card, Utility bill and PP as well. Do I still need to write LOE??
4:I have previous canadian Experience and I'm providing (RnR Letter, 3 Month Pay Slip, T4 Slip 2014 and 2015, Notice of assessment 2014 and 2015). My work permit was valid from Oct 2013 - Oct 2014. but I had a work experience from Sep 2013 - Nov 2014. For Sep 2013, I started my job after applying PGWP and after completing my Degree. and For Nov 2014, I was on implied status as I applied for extension of WP. Do we need LOE for that as well??
5: Do we need to upload Work Permit, Study Permit as well? if yes then where??
6: LOE for Gift deed?
7: Any LOE for personal history for "Unemployed" Period?
Pls help on above pts....!!!.

Jesuba

Sep 19, 2015
outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

I have a question I need help with.
I currently have a crs score of 363.my spouse has taken the ielts test and we are waiting for the result.if he scores 7 in all areas what will the crs score add up to.my language score was L8 R6.5 W7.5 S7.5. And am expecting to get additional 15 from June 6 as well.

Thanks in advance

Jesuba

Sep 19, 2015
outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

I have a question I need help with.
I currently have a crs score of 363.my spouse has taken the ielts test and we are waiting for the result.if he scores 7 in all areas what will the crs score add up to.my language score was L8 R6.5 W7.5 S7.5. And am expecting to get additional 15 from June 6 as well.

Thanks in advance

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
Hi, I received an ITA on March 1st and I have a deadline of May 31st to submit all documents. I received ITA for a score of 433 and non-accompanying spouse.

Recently on May 13th my Wife gave IELTS exam and now our score is 451, We are planning to reject the previous ITA and apply as accompanying spouse. If I reject ITA now when can I apply for another express entry profile? I would like to be back on the pool right away and be eligible for next draw. Please help.

Last edited:

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hello Seniors,

Need help for my brother.

My sister-in-law is primary applicant. She has a valid NOC and associated reference letters and all the necessary documents. However, my brother is running his own business. Currently we are trying to create EE profile (to be able to get ITA)

Questions are:

1. What do we write in work history section for my brother
- how do we identify NOC when he is self employed. He is doing everything by himself. Moreover, his business conduct is extremely informal i.e. no registrations, no sales tax, no VAT, no billings. Usually in India, small scale business are run in this manner. Even though we are not availing any points for his work experience but still CIC is asking for it. Kindly suggest how can we show in our current situation.

2. My sister-in-law doesnt use her last name i.e. surname field in her passport is blank. In this case what do we write in Last name while create EE profile. As the tool doesnt allow us to leave "last name field" empty.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi, I received an ITA on March 1st and I have a deadline of May 31st to submit all documents. I received ITA for a score of 433 and non-accompanying spouse.

Recently on May 13th my Wife gave IELTS exam and now our score is 451, We are planning to reject the previous ITA and apply as accompanying spouse. If I reject ITA now when can I apply for another express entry profile? I would like to be back on the pool right away and be eligible for next draw. Please help.
As soon as you decline ITA, your profile will be back in the pool and then you can update it. Be sure to submit the update and check update transmitted message. And also make sure your job bank profile is active too.