+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

ik2016

Jun 14, 2016
Dear all

I have doubts regarding academic studies :
1. If the degree is completed with backlogs i.e total time taken is more than the ideal course length ..do i need to write the total time taken in academic years completed or the ideal course duration ??

2. Do i need to enter the details for secondary and high school education
I.e 10th and 12th in india ?

uzumaki

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
Nomination.....
30-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Dependent work doesn't count for the points unless you are claiming points for Job on Canadian soil.

While submitting permanent residence application, you can remove your work experience and make sure it's reflecting in personal experience or else where.

Write LOE, as points are not claimed for your work experience requesting to consider your case and submit all the documents you have. Consider asking your employer employment letter for visa purposes.
Note: remember you can't submit all documents due to file size constraints choose important ones.

Hi,

We have got all my documents complete and ready but for one.

I am the dependent in our PR application. I was having difficulty in obtaining the experience certificate from my current employer so I asked them that I needed the experience certificate for a correspondence course from a Univ in England. My employer has agreed to issue a letter confirming my employment however has refused out-rightly to mention job responsibilities. Also, it would be mentioned on the letter that 'This is letter is being issued in respect of the distance learning course from XYZ University in England ....' etc.

- Would this letter be of any use to me? How do I explain my situation.
- How big an impact would this make on my chances to get PR? (all my other documents are complete)

As a positive I have all payslips and tax forms, appointment letter, increment/promotion letter, business card etc from this employment...and in addition to my appointment letter I have a brief note on my job responsibilities issued to me at the time of joining (7 years old and the letter is on the letter head but not stamped)

Pl advise

Thanks

Rabbit123

Dec 16, 2016
Hi,
I have got my WES evaluation result stating that my degree is equivalent to the 4 year degree in Canada. I updated my application in CIC website, added the WES evaluation number, and re-submitted the application. The points however have not been updated. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone please assist.

Thanks,
Prathibha

Amaoge

Mar 31, 2017
Hi Seniors,

I received my ITA a few weeks back and I've started uploading my documents only I have 2 challenges:

1. After uploading my documents, I know I'm supposed to view it to be sure it's in order. I've tried all I can but I'm not able to view any document that I uploaded. All I know is that it was successfully uploaded. Is this normal? And when will i get a chance to view.

2. With regards to my work history. I've got 6 spaces which means I have to upload 6 reference letters. The only problem is that I've only worked in 3 companies but had multiple promotions resulting in different job titles. For 2 of the spaces, it was in one a business development officer, then team leader but same company. Shall I upload the one reference letter in the 2 spaces as the letter does mention by different job titles.

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi Everyone,
while filling up my application i entered my ielts test result date as 7th april becuase result was declared on that day but now due to some issues at the centre i just received my trf today but at the end of trf date is 9th may becuase they just made the hard copy signed today. Will that make any difference though trf, exam date everything is same its just the date at bottom ?

uzumaki

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
Nomination.....
30-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Best one to answer is PNP. Call them up and ask the same. I have read somewhere that PNP approval is needed. IMO, This should not be a problem as neither points are changed nor POF.
Lets wait for others to answer who has gone through the same. In btw, try contacting them.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Here's the details.

My score was 410 (showing as non-accompanying) and on top I got PNP. Now if I want to add as accompanying , PNP would be rejected ?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Seniors,

I received my ITA a few weeks back and I've started uploading my documents only I have 2 challenges:

1. After uploading my documents, I know I'm supposed to view it to be sure it's in order. I've tried all I can but I'm not able to view any document that I uploaded. All I know is that it was successfully uploaded. Is this normal? And when will i get a chance to view.

2. With regards to my work history. I've got 6 spaces which means I have to upload 6 reference letters. The only problem is that I've only worked in 3 companies but had multiple promotions resulting in different job titles. For 2 of the spaces, it was in one a business development officer, then team leader but same company. Shall I upload the one reference letter in the 2 spaces as the letter does mention by different job titles.
Hi,

1) It is normal. You wont get a chance to view them so you need to make sure you upload the correct document. Make it the only document saved with that name on your computer.
2) Yes, you can upload the same document in 2 spaces.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
I have got my WES evaluation result stating that my degree is equivalent to the 4 year degree in Canada. I updated my application in CIC website, added the WES evaluation number, and re-submitted the application. The points however have not been updated. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone please assist.

Thanks,
Prathibha
Hi,

If you mean updated your Express Entry Profile it usually takes upto 24hrs to update.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear all

I have doubts regarding academic studies :
1. If the degree is completed with backlogs i.e total time taken is more than the ideal course length ..do i need to write the total time taken in academic years completed or the ideal course duration ??

2. Do i need to enter the details for secondary and high school education
I.e 10th and 12th in india ?
Hi,
1) Yes, enter the total time taken.
2) If you are applying under the FSWP you only need to enter your post-secondary education.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you fro your reply.

PCC and Medical needs to be submitted for me and my spouse. What about my kid, he is 6 years old, for his also needs to be submitted ?

Thanks!!
Just the medicals, PCC is for those aged 18 and above.

All the best.

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Hello every one ,
I am in the process of creating my express entry profile. I am stuck at "Primary occupation" section.
My work history is as follows
Jan 2013 - Jan 2015 - System Analyst role - NOC - 2171.
Jan 2015 - current - Application Developer role - NOC -2174

In the occupation section - It is mentioned to select the NOC code and my application will base on that code. Please see below wording from Express entry website which I encountered while creating my profile

Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)Find your NOC page to learn more.

This means the job XXXXX ( my name) has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer

Question :

1. Should I mention 2171 or 2174 ? for primary occupation NOC code?

2. If I give 2171, my current role's NOC code is not taken into consideration, but If I give 2174, my past experience wont be counted .
Could any one please advise me on this.

samchop86

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey People,
Can some help on travel history about Schengen Territory?
I have been to Portugal 4 times from India. Since, there is no direct flight between India-Portugal, I always boarded connecting flights to Portugal from Germany (Frankfurt, Munich), Switzerland (Zurich) and Belgium (Brussels) and vice versa for returning. I have arrival/departure stamps on my passport from these countries and not from Portugal (since they were the entry/exit points in Schengen area).
My concern is shall I include these entry/exit countries in my travel history, even if I was there at the airports only for 3-4 hours?

Regards,
Shyam Chopra

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
Hi Experts,

I am seeing letter of appointment in my document check list. What documents I need to provide for this link?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello every one ,
I am in the process of creating my express entry profile. I am stuck at "Primary occupation" section.
My work history is as follows
Jan 2013 - Jan 2015 - System Analyst role - NOC - 2171.
Jan 2015 - current - Application Developer role - NOC -2174

In the occupation section - It is mentioned to select the NOC code and my application will base on that code. Please see below wording from Express entry website which I encountered while creating my profile

Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)Find your NOC page to learn more.

This means the job XXXXX ( my name) has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer

Question :

1. Should I mention 2171 or 2174 ? for primary occupation NOC code?

2. If I give 2171, my current role's NOC code is not taken into consideration, but If I give 2174, my past experience wont be counted .
Could any one please advise me on this.
Hi,

You experience does not have to be in one NOC, it just has to be in category 0, A or B. So regardless on the NOC you pick, if it is in these categories it will be counted. It is therefore up to you to select what you want as your primary occupation, but I would use my current role.

All the best