+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

suede

Nov 16, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have another question:

1. My wife and I tried the CRS Tool assuming we get good scores in IELTS and both our ECA will turn out Bachelor’s Degree equivalent, however, the score is only 410, 402 if I don’t take the IELTS. Based on what I see here, it’s a bit too low, do any of you have suggestions on better course of actions?

2. Any idea how much it would cost to have ECA by WES?

3. We have a one year old son, and expecting another baby by end of this year, do we also need to prepare Application Fee and Right of Permanent Resident Fee for the babies?

4. How do I ‘click good’ for whoever answers my questions? I can’t seem to find it.

Cheers and good vibes guys!

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Please guide, I did my graduation as Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics Engineering and I have 5 year of experience as Software Engineer or IT Analyst; Can i face any issue in express entry process.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi fellow experts,

I am new in this forum, & getting the PR is my mothers dream more than mine, I really want to make her dream come true.

Anyway, I have a critical situation considering my ECA. I really hope if someone can clear off my confusion here. thank you so much in advance : )

I have completed 4 years Bachelor's of Science in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, the dilemma is that although it is written 4 years Bachelors degree in my certificate but as our Education system is open credit basis, I have been able to complete my entire course within 3.5 Years (I have transferred my credit from one university to the second university- I did my first year in this first university & 2.5 years in the second).

So do you think, they might not give me recognition of 3 years or more Bachelor degree equivalent of Canadian degree cause of this or less ?

Second issue is that my first university gave me only one temporary transcript mentioning all the credits I have done there with grades- but I only have the photocopy of this temporary transcript- the original is not with me. & also note that this photocopy has been tick marked & made numbered mistakenly beside the grades by my current university during my admission. But all the subjects & grades can be identified by looking at this now a little dirty transcript.

So should I send this photo copy to WES too after attested? I am very concerned whether they might accept it or not ?

Also note that I have received original transcript from my second university with all the subjects that I have done here, but for the subjects I have done in my first university- they have just mentioned the subjects under waived credit lists without any grades.

Any advice in these circumstances will mean a lot to me. thanks

uzumaki

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
Nomination.....
30-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
None
Savvyor said:
Please guide, I did my graduation as Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics Engineering and I have 5 year of experience as Software Engineer or IT Analyst; Can i face any issue in express entry process.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
suede said:
Hello Guys,

I have another question:

1. My wife and I tried the CRS Tool assuming we get good scores in IELTS and both our ECA will turn out Bachelor’s Degree equivalent, however, the score is only 410, 402 if I don’t take the IELTS. Based on what I see here, it’s a bit too low, do any of you have suggestions on better course of actions? What IELTS scores are you considering? CLB 9 or CLB 10 will give you a good boost in your score. Check this link for CLB 9 and CLB 10 requirements in IELTS. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

2. Any idea how much it would cost to have ECA by WES? CAD 233 (including tax and standard delivery) for each applicant

3. We have a one year old son, and expecting another baby by end of this year, do we also need to prepare Application Fee and Right of Permanent Resident Fee for the babies? Yes, CAD 150 each

4. How do I ‘click good’ for whoever answers my questions? I can’t seem to find it. Once you have 20 posts in the forum, you will start getting that option.

Cheers and good vibes guys!

suede

Nov 16, 2015
Thanks Maverick28,

1. We have actually considered/aimed for CLB10, possible reason for the low CRS are our age, and possible results of ECA. Below are some of our details:

Wife (Main Applicant)
Turning 36 this year.
Working in Singapore as Senior Interior Designer/Head of Operations.
Graduate of Interior Design.

Husband
Turning 37 this year.
Also in Singapore, used to work as a Graphic Designer, currently self-studying UX Design, Web Development, and 3D Design.
Graduate of Tourism.

I guess I should start checking on provincial nomination.

2. How accurate is the CRS Tool? Is there more chance of our actual score going up or more chance of it going down? I am fully aware that there is no real way of knowing this, but just in case anybody have some similar experience.

Thanks again man!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
suede said:
Thanks Maverick28,

1. We have actually considered/aimed for CLB10, possible reason for the low CRS are our age, and possible results of ECA. Below are some of our details:

Wife (Main Applicant)
Turning 36 this year.
Working in Singapore as Senior Interior Designer/Head of Operations.
Graduate of Interior Design.

Husband
Turning 37 this year.
Also in Singapore, used to work as a Graphic Designer, currently self-studying UX Design, Web Development, and 3D Design.
Graduate of Tourism.

I guess I should start checking on provincial nomination.

2. How accurate is the CRS Tool? Is there more chance of our actual score going up or more chance of it going down? I am fully aware that there is no real way of knowing this, but just in case anybody have some similar experience.

Thanks again man!
With current trends, 410 can be reached soon. Its 415 right now.

CRS tool is pretty accurate. I have not heard of it being wrong so far.

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Need you advise i have just got ITA and filling it up I have 4 years of expereince and with very first employer I have Joining letter, relieving letter and probation letter but do not have any pay stubs and also the company is not functional anymore What shall i Do in this case ? All these would be sufficient or something else is needed too?

Thanks

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Maverick28 said:
With current trends, 410 can be reached soon. Its 415 right now.

CRS tool is pretty accurate. I have not heard of it being wrong so far.
In my case, the CRS tool showed 415 but after I completed my profile the score went to 403 :( I guess the tool has its good and bad days ;)

Jan 10, 2017
Hi All,

I have lived in 3 cities in India (more than 6 months) during the past 10 yrs. Could you pls tell me whether I need to apply for Police Clearance Certificate at each district commissioner office or should I get one PCC for India as a country through Passport Seva Kendra? Pls help.

Rgds,
Sherin

ADCanada

Apr 11, 2016
Hi all plz anyone advice me my college terminated me , also informed cic what should i do and what cic will do any idea becoz i already applied my pr through express entry and in background check stage need serious advice.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
HI ALL,

I HAVE MISTAKENLY WRITTEN MY WES REFERENCE NUMBER ON THE TOP OF ALL OF MY TRANSCRIPTS & CERTIFICATE COPY & MADE THE ATTESTED.

AT THIS CIRCUMSTANCES, DO YOU THINK SHOULD I SEND THE DOCUMENTS TO WES FOR ECA ? OR I SHOULD I REQUEST FOR ANOTHER COPY OF TRANSCRIPT & MAKE THE ATTESTED AGAIN- IT WILL CAUSE ME MONEY (20$) & MORE TIME & EFFORTS.

IF YOU CAN REPLY, IT WILL HELP ME A LOT, THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Appuiyer

Feb 14, 2017
Dear All,

As per the latest IELTS Score our CRS score is coming to 402. I know current CRS score has dropped to 415 for issuing ITA's as per the latest draw. What are our chances in getting the ITA ? Are we in a good position to go with 402 ? Your suggestions will be appreciated !!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
sherin.anttony said:
Hi All,

I have lived in 3 cities in India (more than 6 months) during the past 10 yrs. Could you pls tell me whether I need to apply for Police Clearance Certificate at each district commissioner office or should I get one PCC for India as a country through Passport Seva Kendra? Pls help.

Rgds,
Sherin
Get 1 PCC through PSK only. That will do.