Express Entry in a nutshell

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cafe0707 said:
HI,

Please anybody help me with this question?

I am preparing docs for WES and I just want to make sure I am not missing anything:
1/ Do I need to have my spouse's certificate assessed under FSW? Some one said it was compulsory but had not been cleared yet.
2/ Some members suggested that we should check what documents needed to be sent depending on the Country we were living. When I checked, it said:
+ Higher education.
+ Secondary education.

So the 2nd question is do I need to send secondary education if I've got bachelor's and master's Degree? I am not sure if this is OR or AND between " +"?? :'(
Thank you
1- It is not compulsory, if you don't want to claim points for it then don't get his/her credentials assessed.
2 - No, your secondary education is irrelevant.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

Me and my wife got married in India (both are Indian nationals) in feb however registered our marriage in Sri Lanka in April as I was working in Sri Lanka and was in India for very short time, the marriage certificate says Solemnized by me on --- day of April, Signed by Registrar of marriges.

So now we should use the feb date or April date? We do not have any document for the actual wedding that happened in feb. Please advise.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Chef Sumit said:
Hi Seniors,

Me and my wife got married in India (both are Indian nationals) in feb however registered our marriage in Sri Lanka in April as I was working in Sri Lanka and was in India for very short time, the marriage certificate says Solemnized by me on --- day of April, Signed by Registrar of marriges.

So now we should use the feb date or April date? We do not have any document for the actual wedding that happened in feb. Please advise.
Hi,

This is not a big deal as it does not affect CRS points. However, you should stick to what is on the marriage certificate, as this is the legal date.

All the best

J@mal@ko1

Jan 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I have started filling the permanent residence application and have got some queries that I hope you will bring some responses.

1. Can I add a job in Work History section that was not initially mentioned in the Express Entry form submitted? Is any alteration or modification of information from the original express Entry form considered as misrepresentation? Let me explain, I started my professional career with an internship of 4 months that I did not think wise to Disclose at the Express Entry stage as wasn't very relevant. Now that I am asked to disclose my personal activities with no gap, I am wondering if I should include these 4 months internship or simply state that I was unemployed during this period. However, it's worth mentioning that I have a Certificate to proof this 4 months occupation. Same goes to my spouse for whom I didn't declare 4 years working experience as I didn't have in hands the supporting documents at that moment.

2. In Statutory Questions section, can you please further explain the question "Has James AKO been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent residence visa, or visa or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"
Personally, I have been refused a visa for the United States over 12 years ago to pursue my studies. Should I declare this? That's first!
Secondly, I applied for CSQ on 2015 for which my application was returned to me as incomplete with an ind. Ref indicated on the rejection letter. Should I also indicate this? Should I state these cases in the LOE or does the space provided for further details is enough to give explanation?

Your responses will be much appreciated to complete this application.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

If I get a gift deed from my father and put it in my account,how will I show the amount for 6 months?

I am sorry but can you give me a rough idea of the timeline?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Lifehack

TanakaM said:
1) It can be simultaneous with creating your express entry profile and preparing documents post-ITA. However, when you submit your PR application CIC will need to see a bank letter showing your average 6 months balance.
2) Your funds can not be in a joint account with your father. What you can do is get a gift deed from your father, then move the funds to your personal account.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Lifehack said:
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

If I get a gift deed from my father and put it in my account,how will I show the amount for 6 months?

I am sorry but can you give me a rough idea of the timeline?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Lifehack
The gift deed is to show that you have been given the funds by your father, therefore they are not a loan. When you have a gift deed you don't need to have the funds in your account for 6 months.

All the best

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Dear all,

Could you please confirm that the format of the application details in the profile page changed?

My application status just changed to "We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
This is a big line compared to the usual one "open".

Thanks

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
etcoflife said:
Dear all,

Could you please confirm that the format of the application details in the profile page changed?

My application status just changed to "We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
This is a big line compared to the usual one "open".

Thanks
Have a look here - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-january-2017-connect-here-t467258.0.html;msg5829789#msg5829789

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Hello Raj and other senior experts:
I received ITA on 22nd Feb 2017 and in post-ITA phase. I filled the application and continued the application. In financial documents uploading tab, it is mentioned that applicant needs to declare loan and credit card debits.
I need suggestions regarding the proof of funds. I need to show CAD25000. I am the primary applicant.
I have a huge home loan of CAD 80000 and as well as credit card debits as well, EMI debit is through my salary account only. I have another account jointly with wife. My wife is having CAD14000 in her account solely. I have mutual funds CAD8000 in my name and mutual funds of CAD3000 in my wife's account.
My questions are:
1. Is it mandatory to show home loan and other debits? I have much more higher home loan against POF.
2. Should I transfer my wife's fund of CAD14000 in our joint account to avoid / not to show EMI debit through my salary account?
3. Should I liquidate MF and transfer whole amount in joint account to avoid / not to show EMI debit through my salary account?
4. Is it OK to show all funds transferred to joint account or should be in Primary applicant?
5. For employment evidence,I have appraisal letters, salary slips, FORM16. Is it mandatory to give salary account statement?
Kindly guide and suggest please.
Thanks in advance.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
J@mal@ko1 said:
Hi guys,

I have started filling the permanent residence application and have got some queries that I hope you will bring some responses.

1. Can I add a job in Work History section that was not initially mentioned in the Express Entry form submitted? Is any alteration or modification of information from the original express Entry form considered as misrepresentation? Let me explain, I started my professional career with an internship of 4 months that I did not think wise to Disclose at the Express Entry stage as wasn't very relevant. Now that I am asked to disclose my personal activities with no gap, I am wondering if I should include these 4 months internship or simply state that I was unemployed during this period. However, it's worth mentioning that I have a Certificate to proof this 4 months occupation. Same goes to my spouse for whom I didn't declare 4 years working experience as I didn't have in hands the supporting documents at that moment.

2. In Statutory Questions section, can you please further explain the question "Has James AKO been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent residence visa, or visa or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"
Personally, I have been refused a visa for the United States over 12 years ago to pursue my studies. Should I declare this? That's first!
Secondly, I applied for CSQ on 2015 for which my application was returned to me as incomplete with an ind. Ref indicated on the rejection letter. Should I also indicate this? Should I state these cases in the LOE or does the space provided for further details is enough to give explanation?

Your responses will be much appreciated to complete this application.
Hi,

1) You only need to put the experience you claimed points for in work history. The rest goes into personal history, this is were you are required to declare everything you have done in the past 10 years or since the age of 18, whichever is closer. Put your internship in this section. This wont be misrepresentation at all.

2) You need to answer yes to this question as it is asking for exactly this, and yes, give details in the LOE. Do not worry as simple refusals shouldn't have a negative impact on your application. My understanding is that it is primarily judged on its own merit. However, failure to declare refusals, regardless of when they occurred, is misrepresentation and will lead to a rejection.

All the best.

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
Guys,

I have ITA and now filling the forms to submit my application, I have answered yes to the previous visa refusals, will it automatically show the Schedule 1 form for me to upload? or they will ask for it later?
currently the system has technical issues it sometime do not show all of the required forms to upload.
also about my travel history I have included my 1 day or less than 1 day travels also, but schedule 1 as far as I see only accept travel dates in month details not days.

Please advise,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GodLuck said:
Guys,

I have ITA and now filling the forms to submit my application, I have answered yes to the previous visa refusals, will it automatically show the Schedule 1 form for me to upload? or they will ask for it later?
currently the system has technical issues it sometime do not show all of the required forms to upload.
also about my travel history I have included my 1 day or less than 1 day travels also, but schedule 1 as far as I see only accept travel dates in month details not days.

Please advise,
Don't you mean Schedule A? The heck is Schedule 1?

If you answered "yes" to any of the statutory questions then a request for you to provide a Schedule A might be requested during processing, it is recommended to include the Schedule A in your LOE placeholder to save up processing time.

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Don't you mean Schedule A? The heck is Schedule 1?

If you answered "yes" to any of the statutory questions then a request for you to provide a Schedule A might be requested during processing, it is recommended to include the Schedule A in your LOE placeholder to save up processing time.
Thank you for your clarifying response. Schedule 1 is also background declaration, is there any link to the most update schedule A? Don't you believe adding sth which is not yet requested would make more negative impression than speeding up? has there been any positive case for this upfront upload?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GodLuck said:
Thank you for your clarifying response. Schedule 1 is also background declaration, is there any link to the most update schedule A? Don't you believe adding sth which is not yet requested would make more negative impression than speeding up? has there been any positive case for this upfront upload?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf

No negative impact, you can write a small paragraph in the LOE placeholder stating that as you are aware that this document might be requested during processing you are submitting it upfront.

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Hi all,

I have visited the authorised clinic by CIC in Chennai for Medicals. But the panel physician told that the option for selecting family is not enabled in eMedical from 4th Mar'17.

So i postponed medicals. However i received call from the panel physician today saying that they got reply from CIC that principal applicant to be selected as Worker and spouse as visitor.

Did anyone who have done their medical face similar issue....if so kindly reply....

Thankyou..