+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

piyush_h

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

My points are 416, as the cutoff is getting depreciated in every draw and came to the lowest 434 in the recent draw.
if i wait for another 2 draws , do i have a chance to get the ITA.

I am planning to re-appear for the test but if I get myself in the pool by waiting for another 2 draws then i save some time and money.
Any suggestions?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piyush_h said:
Hi Guys,

My points are 416, as the cutoff is getting depreciated in every draw and came to the lowest 434 in the recent draw.
if i wait for another 2 draws , do i have a chance to get the ITA.

I am planning to re-appear for the test but if I get myself in the pool by waiting for another 2 draws then i save some time and money.
Any suggestions?
Not interested in Ontario PNP?
It is possible that come down to 416 (I don't know in how many draws). But anyway if you can improve your IELTS, go for it!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Lifehack said:
Hello

Sorry for posting again.

Can somebody tell me if I need to have fund before starting the express entry application process or I can do it simultaneously eg. keep money when I start my application?

I have already given my IELTS and WES evaluation is done also.

Also can I show a joint account with my father? We can both handle the account with same privileges and have shown this account previously for my study abroad.

I do have personal account but it is rather new.

Thanks in advance for answering.

Regards
Lifehack
1) It can be simultaneous with creating your express entry profile and preparing documents post-ITA. However, when you submit your PR application CIC will need to see a bank letter showing your average 6 months balance.
2) Your funds can not be in a joint account with your father. What you can do is get a gift deed from your father, then move the funds to your personal account.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
NoelPillay said:
Didn't get a response over 3 weeks...still hoping someone here can help me please....
++++++++++++

Hi tanaka, Hero guy, raj and all those knowledgeable Everyone and aspirants here....

It's fantastic to know how everyone helps the other with information, great work guys. I've been following EE from Jan'16 and got so interested after a month that i realised that i want to start fresh in Canada. I've started to prepare for the groundwork i.e. getting reference letters, learning the process....etc I have a question for anyone to help.

1. From 2012-Nov'2015 i've been an employed communication trainer for a company
2 Jan 2016 onwards i started to work on contracts as a Communication Trainer again.
3 Sep 2016 (until Current) i jumped from the call centre to mainstream corporate as a Learning Coordinator for a Management Institute (Online Education).

Question 1: Guys what should be my NOC?
+++++++

Also, I live with my mother in Mumbai. I'm the only one to immigrate not my mum.

Question 2: So POF to be shown will be for me only, right?
+++++++=

I need to have Indian Rupees around 6.5 lacs to show as POF....

Question 3: what if you have only 5lacs then
++++++

Lastly.....do i have a chance basis my work experience....

-Cheers,

Noel
Sorry for the delayed response.

1) Only you can select your NOC code as it is based on your responsibilities and duties, not necessarily job tittle. SEE http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
2) Yes, for you alone.
3) You need to have the minimum required funds without fail. So not having these funds will lead to rejection.
4) You have a chance if your work experience is in NOC is in category 0, A or B.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
shwetha.amin4 said:
Hi,
Appreciate help with the below query from experts who have completed the ITA process. Received my ITA this week.

1. Should the forms say Complete when we click on "check completeness". ( for few I am not able to determine the errors).
2. Under Personal details, should I include my education & work experience again?
1) Yes. You need to look carefully as it wont change to complete unless you fill in the missing information.
2) Yes. Everything you have done in the last 10 years or since your 18th birthday if it was less than 10 years ago.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
chente said:
Not interested in Ontario PNP?
It is possible that come down to 416 (I don't know in how many draws). But anyway if you can improve your IELTS, go for it!
In my opinion (note opinion), scores wont go down to 416 in the next 2 draw. Maybe in the Next 4-5 draws. See a thread called Ray of Hope. Therefore, i would also advise retaking the language test.

Aaakhil

Mar 1, 2017
Hi,

I do i need to register in WES for applying transcript from university?

I am planning to get transcripts from Anna University, Chennai first and then register in WES. Any suggestions please.

Regards,
Aakhil

canadavisa0410

Aug 28, 2016
I have made an express entry profile from which i have 419 crs score, but if i state my spouse is not accompanying me then my crs score will be 446. I am here in canada in study permit and my spouse on open work permit. In this case is it advisable to withdraw my current profile and give that my spouse is not accompanying and later apply for him as dependent?? please give suggesstions

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
In my opinion (note opinion), scores wont go down to 416 in the next 2 draw. Maybe in the Next 4-5 draws. See a thread called Ray of Hope. Therefore, i would also advise retaking the language test.
Yeah that's for sure. We are talking in 2-3 months. In the next 2 for sure not.

cafe0707

Mar 2, 2017
TanakaM said:
1) Any occupation in type 0, A or B will do, however if you are getting Provincial Nomination they may be looking for specific skills.
2)Yes you have to get all qualifications you are claiming points for assessed. I would send my Masters and Bachelors but visit WES and do the free assessment. This will tell you which ones they recognize.
3)NO, IELTS results a good as they are. In addition, WES only assesses academic qualifications.
HI TanakaM,

I am sorry for bordering you again,

Please help with these information as I am preparing docs for WES and I just want to make sure I am not missing anything:
1/ Do I need to have my spouse's certificate assessed under FSW? Some one said it was compulsory but had not been cleared yet.
2/ Some members suggested that we should check what documents needed to be sent depending on the Country we were living. When I checked, it said:
+ Higher education.
+ Secondary education.

So the 2nd question is do I need to send secondary education if I've got bachelor's and master's Degree? I am not sure if this is OR or AND between " +"??

Thanks in advance :D

arunkumarsachin

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
I created EE profile on 19th Feb,2017 and having CRS:426, and received NOI from ONIP. Can you please confirm this EE profile is valid now as NOI received.

Considering the CRS reduction trend, do I need to recreate new EE profile for upcoming ITA selection. Can you please suggest on this.

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Aaakhil said:
Hi,

I do i need to register in WES for applying transcript from university?

I am planning to get transcripts from Anna University, Chennai first and then register in WES. Any suggestions please.

Regards,
Aakhil
You may, you can create a profile with WES and not pay them. After getting the transcripts, you can pay, and courier your package to WES.

PS - Save some money and send the package by Indian speed post. I sent two packages by Indian posts and had no issues.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Dear seniors,

Will a freshly prepared Term Deposit work? I have submitted that with a letter from the bank manager. Please help.

Thanks

haarry

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hello Guys,

I'm EE CEC eligible(On PGWP in Canada). I'm making EE profile and want to give minimum required information to avoid being asked extra documents by system. My questions are about:

1.Funds: I know CEC don't require proof of funds. So, Can I put $0 here?. or should I put some number?. (I'm afraid like...suppose I put $10,000....system will ask me for proof even being invited under CEC)

2. Valid job offer: I have answered 'No' to this. (as currently, i'm retail store supervisor on PGWP). Is this okay?

3. Education: I've masters from Canada & Bachelor from India(No ECA). In EE profile, I've put only Masters. Should I also enter Bachelor's and select its ECA as NO. Or Only Master's is enough to get full education points?.

(3.1) Suppose I also enter Bachelor degree and its ECA as NO. Then, after ITA, the scanned copies of 'DMC of each semester' and 'final degree' will work? or I would have to get its transcripts from India(getting transcripts is little bit lengthy process)?

4. Job bank registration: After submitting profile, do I've to register on job bank? Is this for everyone or for people who are not working currently?

Thank you very much. Enjoy your day.

cafe0707

Mar 2, 2017
HI,

Please anybody help me with this question?

I am preparing docs for WES and I just want to make sure I am not missing anything:
1/ Do I need to have my spouse's certificate assessed under FSW? Some one said it was compulsory but had not been cleared yet.
2/ Some members suggested that we should check what documents needed to be sent depending on the Country we were living. When I checked, it said:
+ Higher education.
+ Secondary education.

So the 2nd question is do I need to send secondary education if I've got bachelor's and master's Degree? I am not sure if this is OR or AND between " +"?? :'(
Thank you