+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Feb 1, 2016
Pittsburgh, United States
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends-

Another query, I have been outside India for the past 6 years and got my PCC for India issued 1 year back(Feb 2016), however I visited India for 6 weeks(Sep-Oct 2016) after my PCC was issued.
Should I get a new PCC or is it okay to use the one that I already have.

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
megamind_moon said:
First of all thank you for thiz great effort u presented...hats off !!
U mentioned tht i need a 1 year full time paid job
Ok then!
If i work as a full time paid VOLUNTEER work.... Is this considered an acceptable criteria? Or is voluntary work unacceptable????
ii. In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

extract from CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

A JOB cant be both paid and voluntary. So I doubt CIC will accept that.

megamind_moon

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
TanakaM said:
ii. In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

extract from CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

A JOB cant be both paid and voluntary. So I doubt CIC will accept that.
Am only 28...and the only thing i was able to work at after graduation was this voluntary job
It is paid actually... Just pocket money

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
megamind_moon said:
Am only 28...and the only thing i was able to work at after graduation was this voluntary job
It is paid actually... Just pocket money
Like you say "pocket money" not a salary. I think you will need to gain some experience in a full-time paid job(salary) before you can apply.

megamind_moon

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
TanakaM said:
Like you say "pocket money" not a salary. I think you will need to gain some experience in a full-time paid job(salary) before you can apply.
Am trying to find a job since graduation in 2011!!!!! Ufff...but being a palestinian in lebanon put sticks n da wheels!!!
Hope to find oneee

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Hey seniors,

I am outside India since 5 months and expecting to be given an ITA as some of you have suggested with score of 438.
So I should get a PCC from this country after completing 6 months of stay (as it will be valid for 6 months) or wait till I get the ITA and then apply.

I have lived in India but in different cities. Should I get PCC from different passport offices(Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore) or a single one would suffice for my entire stay.

neeti_hasija

Jan 21, 2016
Hi,

My profile is going to expire in April 2017 and i am expecting ITA in March as I am hoping CLB9 this time. IN case i receive an ITA and my profile is due to expire in april. Do i need to re-create my profile now ?

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
neeti_hasija said:
Hi,

My profile is going to expire in April 2017 and i am expecting ITA in March as I am hoping CLB9 this time. IN case i receive an ITA and my profile is due to expire in april. Do i need to re-create my profile now ?
You don't have to. After you get the ITA, EE profile freezes. Just pray that you receive the ITA before April. :) Best of luck.

swat007

Jan 28, 2017
Hi seniors, infocions

I am facing a serious problem. I worked in two organizations. My current employee has give me a detailed experience letter. I worked with Infosys earlier. I tried to contact my supervisors there but all of them have left the organization. I called an HR person and told him my situation and he promptly replied that we do not give such letters.

What am I supposed to do. I read in one of the post that I can ask my ex-collegue to sign and get it notarized. Am jus little scared because I do not want to loose this opportunity. Will this solution be OK or do I need to do something else.

Anybody else is facing such issue??

Need help.
Thanks in advance

gff

Jan 17, 2017
Need advice on this please!

Got my ITA last draw!! My wife hasn´t updated any of her documents with her new last name after we married on august 2015.

Will that be an issue for CIC?

Thanks guys!

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi seniors,
How long did it take to get your PCC from the FBI? According to their website, it take 12-14 weeks. I have only 12 weeks left to complete my application (received my ITA on Feb 8th). p.s. I'm living in the U.S. -not a citizen.
Thank you

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
babilon said:
Hi seniors,
How long did it take to get your PCC from the FBI? According to their website, it take 12-14 weeks. I have only 12 weeks left to complete my application (received my ITA on Feb 8th). p.s. I'm living in the U.S. -not a citizen.
Thank you
This was my timeline. Hope it helps you to get some idea

FBI Received courier on 7th Oct, 2016
Credit Card swiped on 20th Nov, 2016
Received Report courier on 16th Dec, 2016
(Rejected due to low quality of fingerprints)

I can empathize with you as I "might" be sailing in the same boat as you soon. I am expecting ITA in next draw and I will be sending my courier to FBI tomorrow.

However, I have read on other threads that we can attach the courier receipt & fingerprint cards copy in LOE and PCC section to tell them we have applied for FBI PCC but still awaiting results and HOPE that CIC accepts it.

Wish you good luck mate.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
gff said:
Need advice on this please!

Got my ITA last draw!! My wife hasn´t updated any of her documents with her new last name after we married on august 2015.

Will that be an issue for CIC?

Thanks guys!
This is not a problem. All that matters is proving that she is your wife, if you have a marriage certificate showing this name you are good to go. However, if the marriage certificate shows her new name, you will need to submit a one-and-the-same person affidavit.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
zunair said:
Hi,
If i apply at the age of 45 years, how much chances are there for this type of immigration.
Age is only one of many factors used to calculate your score. Other factors include Education, Work Experience and Language Proficiency. So even though you wont get many points for age, you still stand a chance if you are highly skilled and educated.

Calculate your score using the official CRS tool below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

All the best