Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
checkmimails@gmail.com said:
Hello Friends -

Is there any seperate thread of Post ITA discussions? I received the ITA in the last draw and was working on the documents.
I had a couple of questions and I am pretty sure that they must have already been answered so just wanted to get directions for the right link , if any one has it? I am posting my questions as well. Please be gentle and point me to the link if these have already been answered.

1. For the experience letter, if my current employer is not issues a certificate with job duties than what can be done? Is there any format/template?
2. Do I get any documents/forms to get the medical exam done?

Thanks.
Go through this amazing thread, its very useful:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html

Congratulations and all the best.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to all the help-fulls and hope-fulls. Things are looking good this year for high human capital candidates. I am one of them. I have a grave concern regarding my NOC. If someone could give me their insight, that would be of great help.

I am currently working as a Education Counselor in a Private Education Consultancy that specializes in sending students abroad for studies. I am looking after Australia and New Zealand department as a senior counselor. My exact occupation title is Abroad Study Counselor. When i was offered this job 9 months ago, i looked at the NOC list and saw the NOC 4033 for education counselor and nothing much. Now after being regular here at the forum, i am having a impression that i may have wasted 9 months of my life in this job. My main concern is, I have MBA and MSc in International Business from Ireland. However, Counseling occupation, according to CIC's website, requires either Bachelor in Counseling, Career Development or Master in Psychology. Now the requirement for the occupation contradicts vastly to the qualification i have. Plus i believe the Counselors job is to be done either in Universities, Colleges or Schools. My work is in Private Education Consultancy! The job description and responsibilities doesn't match to great extent either. I guess i could make some tweaks and changes in my job duties at my current job. Still i do not think it will match 80% and above as i am not working in a pure education institution. However we do offer classes for IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GER, GMAT and English language course. Apart from offered classes my work place is also authorized test center for TOEFL, SAT and GRE.

I don't know what should i do at this time. I talked to my CEO this week that i am in the process of applying for Canada and he doesn't seem to be happy. And i fear that if i apply with the current experience, they might screw me up big time if the CIC officer decides to verify as they might because i am not in the profession my qualifications should have. What should i do, any advice? If i decide to quit now and try to find another job, i will loose valuable 5 points by the time i will complete 1 year from now. And not sure if i will be able to find a job in short period of time either. I am also studying French, and it is nothing but the pain. I can hardly give time to French as i work 48 hours, 6 days a week for a mere pay. Plus i have IELTS on 4th March. Also i came to the knowledge that Alliance Francaise only conducts DELF/DALF here in my country not the TEF.

Anybody can help me out here please! Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Regards
KK

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KingKurly said:
Hello to all the help-fulls and hope-fulls. Things are looking good this year for high human capital candidates. I am one of them. I have a grave concern regarding my NOC. If someone could give me their insight, that would be of great help.

I am currently working as a Education Counselor in a Private Education Consultancy that specializes in sending students abroad for studies. I am looking after Australia and New Zealand department as a senior counselor. My exact occupation title is Abroad Study Counselor. When i was offered this job 9 months ago, i looked at the NOC list and saw the NOC 4033 for education counselor and nothing much. Now after being regular here at the forum, i am having a impression that i may have wasted 9 months of my life in this job. My main concern is, I have MBA and MSc in International Business from Ireland. However, Counseling occupation, according to CIC's website, requires either Bachelor in Counseling, Career Development or Master in Psychology. Now the requirement for the occupation contradicts vastly to the qualification i have. Plus i believe the Counselors job is to be done either in Universities, Colleges or Schools. My work is in Private Education Consultancy! The job description and responsibilities doesn't match to great extent either. I guess i could make some tweaks and changes in my job duties at my current job. Still i do not think it will match 80% and above as i am not working in a pure education institution. However we do offer classes for IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GER, GMAT and English language course. Apart from offered classes my work place is also authorized test center for TOEFL, SAT and GRE.

I don't know what should i do at this time. I talked to my CEO this week that i am in the process of applying for Canada and he doesn't seem to be happy. And i fear that if i apply with the current experience, they might screw me up big time if the CIC officer decides to verify as they might because i am not in the profession my qualifications should have. What should i do, any advice? If i decide to quit now and try to find another job, i will loose valuable 5 points by the time i will complete 1 year from now. And not sure if i will be able to find a job in short period of time either. I am also studying French, and it is nothing but the pain. I can hardly give time to French as i work 48 hours, 6 days a week for a mere pay. Plus i have IELTS on 4th March. Also i came to the knowledge that Alliance Francaise only conducts DELF/DALF here in my country not the TEF.

Anybody can help me out here please! Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Regards
KK
NOC 4033 is a Skill A job... If you can match at least 60% of the duties listed there you should be OK (obviously the more you match the better). Since you still need at least another 3 months in the job to qualify for FSW then what you could do is look at the duties you don't currently do and figure out some way to perform them in you current work scenario (talk to you boss and say that you'd like to give something new a try and that you'll do it out of you own free time initially until it proves useful - something like that).

Now, to stay in you current job or to leave is a very personal decision, no one here can make that for you... Things to consider:
- If you can match 60% then you should be OK (so if you can't or won't be able to do this then is not looking good)
- If your current boss doesn't seem very happy you're going to Canada then it may be very difficult for you to get a good reference letter
- If you were to leave you current job how long until you get another job that would accurately match any given NOC?
- It may be better to keep at it for 3 more months and then look for something new, at least you'll be able to chance EE with 12 months of your current EXP.

Is this your first job? Or do you have previous work exp to add to your profile?

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
NOC 4033 is a Skill A job... If you can match at least 60% of the duties listed there you should be OK (obviously the more you match the better). Since you still need at least another 3 months in the job to qualify for FSW then what you could do is look at the duties you don't currently do and figure out some way to perform them in you current work scenario (talk to you boss and say that you'd like to give something new a try and that you'll do it out of you own free time initially until it proves useful - something like that).

Now, to stay in you current job or to leave is a very personal decision, no one here can make that for you... Things to consider:
- If you can match 60% then you should be OK (so if you can't or won't be able to do this then is not looking good)
- If your current boss doesn't seem very happy you're going to Canada then it may be very difficult for you to get a good reference letter
- If you were to leave you current job how long until you get another job that would accurately match any given NOC?
- It may be better to keep at it for 3 more months and then look for something new, at least you'll be able to chance EE with 12 months of your current EXP.

Is this your first job? Or do you have previous work exp to add to your profile?
Hi there g126

Thank you very much for helping me out again. Highly appreciate it! Unfortunately it is my first job since i returned back home from Ireland. In Ireland i only got unskilled job. I did work from 2003 to February 2008 as an accountant, but that will not help it will be more than 10 years. When i went through the jobs and responsibilities for NOC 4033 again i think i will be able to produce match that will be more than 60%. My concern is, since i do not work for any dedicated education institutes, like Universities, Colleges or School, will it be ok performing similar tasks in a private education consultancy? I believe the Education Counselor occupation is specifically meat for people work in dedicated education institutions and that's what CIC wants to see as well, pure guess though.

Also the other area of concern is i have double degree in Business related studies. However education counseling job requirement, as per CIC's website is either bachelor or master degree in counseling, psychology, career development or related field. Now my qualification does not directly fulfills the requirement for the education counselor. I was given this job purely on my level of English and foreign exposure. Despite not having any prior experience i was given senior position. So is it mandatory to have relevant qualification for the occupation specified like in the CIC's website.

I also have a concern, like since my CEO knows i am applying for Canada, although i will have not much problem getting good reference letter from my HR head. I am worried that my work people might screw me up if the CIC officer decides to verify. Basically my current employer wants me to work entire life as i offer them so much more for so much less. I do not have contract but they are now asking for my details, by this Friday, in order to make contract paper. The only reason i stayed here because of the 1 year requirement for eligibility.

As per your suggestion, i withdrew my profile as i have still 3 more months before i can be eligible. The following day i got a ghost email. Is that a bad thing or a good thing? Are they already tracking my activity even when i am long way away from ITA? Thanks for all your advice mate!

Regards
KK

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KingKurly said:
Hi there g126

Thank you very much for helping me out again. Highly appreciate it! Unfortunately it is my first job since i returned back home from Ireland. In Ireland i only got unskilled job. I did work from 2003 to February 2008 as an accountant, but that will not help it will be more than 10 years. When i went through the jobs and responsibilities for NOC 4033 again i think i will be able to produce match that will be more than 60%. My concern is, since i do not work for any dedicated education institutes, like Universities, Colleges or School, will it be ok performing similar tasks in a private education consultancy? I believe the Education Counselor occupation is specifically meat for people work in dedicated education institutions and that's what CIC wants to see as well, pure guess though. It doesn't matter so long as you're in a paid job doing the correct duties, what this MAY mean is that the officer may be more likely to phone up your company to verify, but you're subject to this regardless of where you work!

Also the other area of concern is i have double degree in Business related studies. However education counseling job requirement, as per CIC's website is either bachelor or master degree in counseling, psychology, career development or related field. Now my qualification does not directly fulfills the requirement for the education counselor. I was given this job purely on my level of English and foreign exposure. Despite not having any prior experience i was given senior position. So is it mandatory to have relevant qualification for the occupation specified like in the CIC's website.I wouldn't worry about this, AFAIK they're only picky with this if you're currently working in Canada, what matters is that you have higher education so I think you'll be fine

I also have a concern, like since my CEO knows i am applying for Canada, although i will have not much problem getting good reference letter from my HR head. I am worried that my work people might screw me up if the CIC officer decides to verify. Basically my current employer wants me to work entire life as i offer them so much more for so much less. I do not have contract but they are now asking for my details, by this Friday, in order to make contract paper. The only reason i stayed here because of the 1 year requirement for eligibility. This is potentially a BIG problem for you, my advice is try to get on your CEO's good graces... You REALLY don't want to get fired before your 12 month term and you want them to give you a good reference if IRCC call them. If, however, by the time you submit your application you still feel the same way, that you'd get screwed over, then mention this in a LoE (but try not to do this as you're claiming EX in a questionable company and if you give the officer reasons not to verify then he might get quite unhappy)

As per your suggestion, i withdrew my profile as i have still 3 more months before i can be eligible. The following day i got a ghost email. Is that a bad thing or a good thing? Are they already tracking my activity even when i am long way away from ITA? Thanks for all your advice mate! Again, wouldn't worry about being tracked now as you're doing the right thing, but ghost emails are normal so really wouldn't worry

Regards
KK

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hello Friends

I have a question regarding entering work history in express entry profile. I was graduated from Canadian University and am working right now. I know that my work experience during my study including research and teaching assistant is not considered as job experience and does not provide me any score. Therefore, do I still need to mention that in my EE profile?
I guess whatever we mention in EE profile needs to be proved after ITA. I can definitely provide employment letter for my TA and RA experience but just wondering if it doesn't add any score, do I still need to mention it? By not mentioning that I can avoid preparing extra document for sure. Has anyone had the same experience?
Thanks for you help

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks G! Truly exceptional! +1 to that :)

I am highly relieved to know that the requirement for occupation mostly applies for Canadian job experience. I have no problem producing proof of pay for my current work as i have emails from the HR manager, i pay tax every month and PF is deducted every month as well. If however CIC officer decides to verify, which they mostly likely wood as my qualification and occupation contradicts, my HR head will have no choice other than to verify. I am trying to work my best to make them happy and be as good in the eyes of HR manager as possible. He is a good person. But definitely can't rely on that.

I had a brainwave yesterday. I would need your advice on that please. Like i mentioned i do have working experience as an accountant from late 2003 to February 2008. Does that makes me eligible for having at least 1 year of work experience until February 2008? I applied in August 2014 for NOC 1111. At first my application was rejected or returned as they returned my draft, because i didn't include job duties and responsibilities with my application. I acquired the document and re-send it, it was returned again as the cap was reached. If i can claim points for that experience, i can get a fresh reference letter, appointment letter but i will not have any proof of salary. I was paid in cash, salary was so low i didn't need to pay tax. The school has no record left as it is 9 years. Back then they did not even have computer as it is a government high school. The principal of the school will definitely verify my employment with the school.

If possible and applying with NOC 1111 again i have fresh set of concerns. I entered the employment as an assistant accountant after the completion of my high school in 2003 and was mostly trained on job by the seniors. While was working i entered into the undergraduate program in Business studies. I did continue with both job and education simultaneously. It is very normal thing here. I finished my undergraduate in mid 2006 straight with no loss and kept working full-time until feb 2008. Will CIC be okey that i worked as an accountant even with a high school diploma when in actual, the requirement of NOC 1111 is quite high in CIC's website and i guess it must be practiced with a license in Canada. In here i guess apart from Chartered Accountants' or no accounting professionals will have license to practice the profession. Just a diploma or a degree in business would suffice. Even the accountant in my workplace do not hold any kind of license.

So please give me your valuable insight G. Is there any possibilities with my past work experience as an accountant? Thank you once again for your invaluable advises and i apologize for the lengthy message. Working as a consultant i am used to getting into detail too much lol. Have a great day :)

Regards
KK

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi Raj, sushmart and all seniors,

i have a tricky query.

suppose i got PCC in august 21st 2016 and in pcc its written valid for 6 months.

now AOR and eAPR date was august 25th 2016.. now its 15th Feb 2017 today .. PPR request not yet received and cic process is still in progress.

what happens as PCC will get expired in Feb 2017. will cic reject as pcc is expired..

thanks for ur answers..

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KingKurly said:
Thanks G! Truly exceptional! +1 to that :)

I am highly relieved to know that the requirement for occupation mostly applies for Canadian job experience. I have no problem producing proof of pay for my current work as i have emails from the HR manager, i pay tax every month and PF is deducted every month as well. If however CIC officer decides to verify, which they mostly likely wood as my qualification and occupation contradicts, my HR head will have no choice other than to verify. I am trying to work my best to make them happy and be as good in the eyes of HR manager as possible. He is a good person. But definitely can't rely on that.

I had a brainwave yesterday. I would need your advice on that please. Like i mentioned i do have working experience as an accountant from late 2003 to February 2008. Does that makes me eligible for having at least 1 year of work experience until February 2008? I applied in August 2014 for NOC 1111. At first my application was rejected or returned as they returned my draft, because i didn't include job duties and responsibilities with my application. I acquired the document and re-send it, it was returned again as the cap was reached. If i can claim points for that experience, i can get a fresh reference letter, appointment letter but i will not have any proof of salary. I was paid in cash, salary was so low i didn't need to pay tax. The school has no record left as it is 9 years. Back then they did not even have computer as it is a government high school. The principal of the school will definitely verify my employment with the school.

If possible and applying with NOC 1111 again i have fresh set of concerns. I entered the employment as an assistant accountant after the completion of my high school in 2003 and was mostly trained on job by the seniors. While was working i entered into the undergraduate program in Business studies. I did continue with both job and education simultaneously. It is very normal thing here. I finished my undergraduate in mid 2006 straight with no loss and kept working full-time until feb 2008. Will CIC be okey that i worked as an accountant even with a high school diploma when in actual, the requirement of NOC 1111 is quite high in CIC's website and i guess it must be practiced with a license in Canada. In here i guess apart from Chartered Accountants' or no accounting professionals will have license to practice the profession. Just a diploma or a degree in business would suffice. Even the accountant in my workplace do not hold any kind of license.

So please give me your valuable insight G. Is there any possibilities with my past work experience as an accountant? Thank you once again for your invaluable advises and i apologize for the lengthy message. Working as a consultant i am used to getting into detail too much lol. Have a great day :)

Regards
KK
Hey there KK...

So FSW requirements are or the last 10 years so short answer is yes you could, but I'm not sure you can any longer...

Here is my train of thought - suppose for argument's sake the next draw will be on the 22 Feb (next Wednesday) and that's when you get your ITA, that means you can only take into account Work Experience from the 22h Feb 2007 to today. If you have worked until the 23rd of Feb 2008 (or later) then ok, you'd be eligible to claim 1 year of FWE... But any day before that no you wouldn't as you don't have 12 months.

If you do decide to go for it make sure you can get reference letters that will qualify you as NOC 1111 (with all duties, etc.) along with pay stubs and anything else you can get you hands on as they will probably be very picky with docs to prove a job you had 10 years ago...

You may also need to write a pretty convincing LoE of why you gave up on accounting 9 years ago and are willing to go back to even though you're now working as an education counselor...

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Hey Seniors,

I am working in IT for 5+ years now. But I have an Electronics and Telecomm Engineering Bachelors Degree and ECA is done by WES.
When I created my profile in Job Bank with Electronics and Telecomm Engineering Degree, it is showing no Job matches. Anyone facing the same issue?
What should I do? Should I update the education to Information Technology as my Degree also covers 4 semesters of IT subjets?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
resu said:
Hey Seniors,

I am working in IT for 5+ years now. But I have an Electronics and Telecomm Engineering Bachelors Degree and ECA is done by WES.
When I created my profile in Job Bank with Electronics and Telecomm Engineering Degree, it is showing no Job matches. Anyone facing the same issue?
What should I do? Should I update the education to Information Technology as my Degree also covers 4 semesters of IT subjets?
This is nothing to worry about. It simply means there are no advertised jobs that match your profile at the time. All you need is to have an active profile.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Hey there KK...

So FSW requirements are or the last 10 years so short answer is yes you could, but I'm not sure you can any longer...

Here is my train of thought - suppose for argument's sake the next draw will be on the 22 Feb (next Wednesday) and that's when you get your ITA, that means you can only take into account Work Experience from the 22h Feb 2007 to today. If you have worked until the 23rd of Feb 2008 (or later) then ok, you'd be eligible to claim 1 year of FWE... But any day before that no you wouldn't as you don't have 12 months.

If you do decide to go for it make sure you can get reference letters that will qualify you as NOC 1111 (with all duties, etc.) along with pay stubs and anything else you can get you hands on as they will probably be very picky with docs to prove a job you had 10 years ago...

You may also need to write a pretty convincing LoE of why you gave up on accounting 9 years ago and are willing to go back to even though you're now working as an education counselor...
Hi G. Thanks once again. I wish I could give you +1 to that again. What you said makes world of sense. It does not makes sense to apply as an accountant with nearly a 9 years old experience. Much obliged for clarifying my misunderstanding. I guess now all I can do is work for 4 months at least in this job. May 9 will be 1 year. Get a good reference letter from HR head and hope for the best. My next IELTS test is on March 4. Given that I achieve CBL 9 this time, my CRS will be 439 and I hope by may I should be in a position to receive an ITA, or PT from OINP if it resumes by that time. Hopefully CIC makes decision to give points for having siblings in Canada. I read in the CIC website that the decision will be made by March whether in favour or against. Hopefully it will be in favour. I will talk to my HR head for reference letter as soon as receive my test score. Cheers mate. Your insights are commendable. Have a great day :)
Regards
KK

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding PCC. I contacted the BLS India in Toronto and they are going to take 4 weeks for PCC. I asked my dad and he can get the PCC from local police station in India in 2 days. Will that be a valid document or I have to go through BLS and wait for 4 weeks with them?. Anybody had any experience with PCC mailed from India?.

Thanks

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TorontoPunjabi said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding PCC. I contacted the BLS India in Toronto and they are going to take 4 weeks for PCC. I asked my dad and he can get the PCC from local police station in India in 2 days. Will that be a valid document or I have to go through BLS and wait for 4 weeks with them?. Anybody had any experience with PCC mailed from India?.

Thanks
Local police station PCC will not work if you have stayed other cities as well in India

megamind_moon

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
First of all thank you for thiz great effort u presented...hats off !!
U mentioned tht i need a 1 year full time paid job
Ok then!
If i work as a full time paid VOLUNTEER work.... Is this considered an acceptable criteria? Or is voluntary work unacceptable????