+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
LEOVINCI said:
Hello gurus. I need help to increase my CRS score and increase my chances of getting ITA. I have a Bachelor's degree evaluated favourably by IQAS. I also have a diploma in brewing certificate from IBD(Institute of Brewing and distilling) but IQAS declined to evaluate it stating that it's a professional certificate. Can I still claim points for two or more degree or must the diploma be evaluated first.
No, you cannot claim points for foreign credentials that are NOT accompanied by a valid ECA.

kasa111

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo New york
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2010
Doc's Request.
JUN 2011
AOR Received.
JAN 2011
File Transfer...
JULY 2012
Med's Request
AUG 2012
Med's Done....
OCT 2012
Interview........
WAIVE
Passport Req..
RPRF PAID MARCH 2013 --- IN PROCESS
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE
LANDED..........
IN PROCESS
I am trying to reassess my case for skilled worker. I will gain upto 485 points CRS system under Express Entry pool if i get job offer approval. what is the minimum score to get ITA under skilled worker. What are the option for job offer without HRDC approval. reassessment process how it work. please share information will help me to apply. thank you to all.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hello Guys,
Need your help, my WES report says both bachelor's and master's but I have mentioned in my application only masters.
Will it be an issue?
Secondly, do we need physical copy of WES evaluation post ITA, as I have not received it yet.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
sg02 said:
Hello Guys,
Need your help, my WES report says both bachelor's and master's but I have mentioned in my application only masters.
Will it be an issue?
You've got points for highest degree. Doesn't matter if Bachelors is in WES report.

Secondly, do we need physical copy of WES evaluation post ITA, as I have not received it yet.
No, only soft copy to be uploaded. You won't need hard copy.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Thank you Escobar Gaviria for your response!
I have one more query regarding reference letter..Do I need to get reference letter with roles & responsibilities
from previous employer as well or only current employer?
Also does my spouse also need to show reference letter while submitting e-APR?

D123

Mar 16, 2015
Hello Friends,

I am a permanent resident of Canada. I recently went to India for vacation and got married. I am back in Canada now, and I would like to call my wife here to stay with me. As sponshership program takes 12 months :

- Is it possible that I apply a Visitors visa for her and bring her here, and parallaly I apply for Spousal sponsorship ?
- Would she be eligible to apply for Health card if she is here in Visitors Visa ?
- What is the difference between Visitors visa and Dependent Visa ?

Please clear my confusion. Thanks a lot for yor feedback.

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
i have made account on wes canada and paid the payment but i mistakenly sent the documents to wes usa address?? is there any issue ?? or will wes canada get updates from them??
please reply, im tensed

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Arslan82 said:
i have made account on wes canada and paid the payment but i mistakenly sent the documents to wes usa address?? is there any issue ?? or will wes canada get updates from them??
please reply, im tensed
This is a BIG ISSUE!!!

WES is notorious well known for having appalling communication with its clients so getting through to them to explain your situation will be next to impossible.

I suggest you get another set of documents and send them to the right address. Or, if you can, contact the courrier service you used and see if they can redirect the package to the right address. Your last resort is to try contacting WES USA and explain the situation, but I think you're in for a big headache if you try this...

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi Raj..I have a query regarding reference letter..Do I need to get reference letter with roles & responsibilities
your help is appreciated

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sg02 said:
Hi Raj..I have a query regarding reference letter..Do I need to get reference letter with roles & responsibilities
your help is appreciated
1) That depends on what jobs you are claiming points for. If you are not claiming points for your previous employer, then you do NOT have to submit reference letter for that employment. The same applies for the current employer.

2) Dependent spouse's work experience doesn't award any CRS points hence this you can remove the work experience of the spouse from the work history section and retain it only in the personal history section (post ITA).

kiki123

Nov 27, 2016
Hello Guys,

I was invited to apply for my PR and now I'm putting all my documents together.

The first issue I have is my job title is Receptionist but my job description falls under administrative assistant. I used the admin assistant noc to apply for my express entry but now I'm worried about my reference letter because it will state receptionist. what can I do about this?

Secondly, the other companies I worked for before my current job. one is closed the other wont give reference letter. what do I do about this also?

third, do I need to do my medical exams before I put my application in?

thanks for your help! this forum is awesome

rajutatavarthi

Dec 14, 2014
Hello experts. Please help me on clearing my confusion over declining Provincial Nominee nomination.

I received ITA in 52nd Federal Express entry draw under Canadian Experience class(465 points). I also received 'nomination' from NBPNP.

I want to decline the PNP nomination as I already received ITA. Please advise.

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
guys help required:
i m getting married soon, i m a PR here..
would you guys suggest that my partner apply as a single applicant in Express entry or do i do a spouse application

if he mentions single and does a great job - maximum score he gets is 441..

will he get a PNP

what would you guys suggest please do help..