+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sara.parveen26 said:
Hello,

I already had my Express Entry profile submitted but had to make some changes with the new questions being added for Canadian education. Meanwhile, I also received my PNP nomination and updated that question but the options are greyed out and I am unable to edit the response any longer. This is marking my profile incomplete and I’m not able to submit it. I already reported this technical issue but the response I got from CIC is of no help to fix it.

I wanted to ask if you know other people facing such technical issues? And will it be a wise idea to withdraw my profile and start a new one? I read that it is advised not to create a new profile so I just want to be sure that it will not impact my application in any sense.

Thanks in advance for your help!
If you have accepted the nomination and got ITA, you can update this information in post ITA forms.

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
DelPiero07 said:
1 - If you're not claiming points for your current employment do not include it in the work history section. Once you get your ITA add it in the personal history section. You won't be required to provide any proof of employment.

2 - Not sufficient if you're claiming points for the other two jobs. Either get a proper reference letter or ask a former manager/colleague to write a declaration of your duties and responsibilities (and notarize it) as well as getting proof that you tried to get a reference letter following CIC requirements.

3 - Try contacting whoever did your ECA and see if they can fix the typo. If not, then once you receive your ITA include a LOE regarding this typo.

Cheers :)
Gdmorning DelPiero07,

Got my Xmas gift in advance yesterday, received the ITA early in the morning :) I do have one big concern regarding the police clearance certificates, the thing is that I'm in Dubai nowadays and have switched my jobs recently. There is a process in which I need to get the work permit transferred on my new employer's account which would take easily 1.5 - 2 months. For my police clearance certificates, I can get one easily from Dubai police based on my passport copies and fingerprint records with them from the previous work permit. The main hurdle is with the Indian PCC where the consulate requires me to have the valid work permit documents in order to process further. As notorious as it is, getting Indian PCC is no piece of cake as sometimes the delay in their so-called "PROCESS" extends to about 2-3 months.

I need to submit all my documents by 23rd Mar 2017 to CIC, if I'm unable to get just the Indian PCC by then can I present a LOE with proof of efforts to obtain one? Would it suffice to avoid rejection?

pranavchauhan

Mar 7, 2015
Hi Experts! I need your expertise!

I am creating my express entry profile. I have 3 years of back home work experience. How ever, I am not sure if I have declared that in my student visa file or not when I came in Canada.

Will it affect my application if I put my foreign work experience in Express entry? Please help!!

teenzky

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2019
Good day everyone!

I already created an EE profile but I am not sure if the details I entered in the work history is correct 'cause when I tried the CRS calculator, the points is slightly higher than my points in the EE profile.

1. Is it because I added all my job roles even though I'm with the same company?
2. I included all the roles that I had in the same company which is a total of 3 roles (2 of which is the same NOC code when I got promoted)
3. Do i just put my current role so that the total number of years will be counted?

thank you in advance and happy holidays!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pranavchauhan said:
Hi Experts! I need your expertise!

I am creating my express entry profile. I have 3 years of back home work experience. How ever, I am not sure if I have declared that in my student visa file or not when I came in Canada.

Will it affect my application if I put my foreign work experience in Express entry? Please help!!
No IMO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
baldev.asnanie said:
Gdmorning DelPiero07,

Got my Xmas gift in advance yesterday, received the ITA early in the morning :) I do have one big concern regarding the police clearance certificates, the thing is that I'm in Dubai nowadays and have switched my jobs recently. There is a process in which I need to get the work permit transferred on my new employer's account which would take easily 1.5 - 2 months. For my police clearance certificates, I can get one easily from Dubai police based on my passport copies and fingerprint records with them from the previous work permit. The main hurdle is with the Indian PCC where the consulate requires me to have the valid work permit documents in order to process further. As notorious as it is, getting Indian PCC is no piece of cake as sometimes the delay in their so-called "PROCESS" extends to about 2-3 months.

I need to submit all my documents by 23rd Mar 2017 to CIC, if I'm unable to get just the Indian PCC by then can I present a LOE with proof of efforts to obtain one? Would it suffice to avoid rejection?
Well, this might be possible but I wouldn't recommend risking it. Here, on the forum, we have seen applicants waiting for a FBI PCC doing this and they have been successful. However, I do not know anyone waiting for an Indian PCC who has done this so I wouldn't generally recommend this. If you do not have a nomination, then you might have to work things out quickly.

However, if you still do not have your documents on the 89th day, then you might want to give this a shot.

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
teenzky said:
Good day everyone!

I already created an EE profile but I am not sure if the details I entered in the work history is correct 'cause when I tried the CRS calculator, the points is slightly higher than my points in the EE profile.

1. Is it because I added all my job roles even though I'm with the same company?
2. I included all the roles that I had in the same company which is a total of 3 roles (2 of which is the same NOC code when I got promoted)
3. Do i just put my current role so that the total number of years will be counted?

thank you in advance and happy holidays!
I believe having one entry with the current designation (as long as there was no change in NOC) is sufficient. Try that and see if your CRS is in sync with the CRS that the tool showed you.

teenzky

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2019
rajkamalmohanram said:
I believe having one entry with the current designation (as long as there was no change in NOC) is sufficient. Try that and see if your CRS is in sync with the CRS that the tool showed you.
thanks! i already changed it but status right now is processing update. when will it take effect?

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Thank you Kamy,Stanlee,Delpiero07 for clearing all my doubts ,I can now with no further questions file my EAPR ....Yet something came to my mind lately ... i have been filing income tax returns for the past 2 years in INDIA ..but prior to that i have paid the income tax but have not filed for returns ...during the phases of giving PR would they check for the income tax returns made by me ......

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
anil918918 said:
Thank you Kamy,Stanlee,Delpiero07 for clearing all my doubts ,I can now with no further questions file my EAPR ....Yet something came to my mind lately ... i have been filing income tax returns for the past 2 years in INDIA ..but prior to that i have paid the income tax but have not filed for returns ...during the phases of giving PR would they check for the income tax returns made by me ......
No, as long as you have paid your taxes, you are good to go. Even though, you may not need ITR for CIC, you may as well file ITRs for those years you were referring to.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My passport does not have my wife' name & marital status is also Single since I didnot get it updated post marriage. However, my wife's passport has my name & updated Marital status on her passport.
We also have our marriage certificate & all other documents of my wife are also updated.

Since I am primary applicant, will it make any difference if I apply with my current passport ?

Can I make use of "letter of explanation" & define the status with all relevant documents ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
cpsingh said:
Hi all,

My passport does not have my wife' name & marital status is also Single since I didnot get it updated post marriage. However, my wife's passport has my name & updated Marital status on her passport.
We also have our marriage certificate & all other documents of my wife are also updated.

Since I am primary applicant, will it make any difference if I apply with my current passport ?

Can I make use of "letter of explanation" & define the status with all relevant documents ?
You can apply with your current passport. Yes, you can use the LOE to explain anything that you want the case officer to consider while assessing your application.

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi fellow,
Need some info on federal skilled workers immigration.
New to this forum,
Can someone share a list of points allocation for age, experience, education, & spousal, kids and IELTS?
Or a link to such thing?
Thanks