+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

CanadaPRforME

Jul 4, 2016
Raj/Other experts in the forum,

Hope you guys are having a good time. I really seek your advise. Per the changes introduced in EE 2016 and going forward (on 19th Nov'16) i see a valid job offer being awarded 50 additional points.

Now i have a job offer in IntraCompanyTransfer category from July'16 till Mid-July'17 which is little more than 1 yr but not 1 yr from the time these new changes of awarding 50 additional points. Now even though i'm in the pool and awaiting an ITA i re-calculated my points today in CRS tool. I came across this not sure clear question:

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

Now firstly we don't know when PR visa will be granted and 1 yr from the PR visa is uncertain, also why will a job offer needed if one has PR visa already. Secondly in my specific case that i have a job offer for another 7.5 months - do i get 50 points considering the fact that 1 have a valid and active job offer from July 2016.

Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestion/advise,
CanadaPRforME

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you do not get any points until you work for that employer for 1 year on full-time basis. Also, you need to have your employer's name on your work permit otherwise you wouldn't get any points after one year of work.

Finally, once you complete a full years work on July 17 make sure you'll be able to work for that employer for one year AFTER receiving your PR.

Cheers :)

achilles7

Nov 3, 2016
Do i get the 50 points if i have worked for more than 1 year and the job offer is permanent full time? Do i still need the employer's name on my work permit ?

tessyan

Mar 16, 2016
Hi all, I submitted my full application last week, but I think that I have a "little" problem,it's about photo spécifications.The size is OK 35x45 and 60 Ko.. and all the other requirements except PIXELS: 207x266 instead of 420 x 540. !!Is that a problem?will my app be rejected?? help please

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
achilles7 said:
Do i get the 50 points if i have worked for more than 1 year and the job offer is permanent full time? Do i still need the employer's name on my work permit ?
Yes you need your employer's name on it. Open work permits or PGWP won't give you any points.

Cheers ;)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tessyan said:
Hi all, I submitted my full application last week, but I think that I have a "little" problem,it's about photo spécifications.The size is OK 35x45 and 60 Ko.. and all the other requirements except PIXELS: 207x266 instead of 420 x 540. !!Is that a problem?will my app be rejected?? help please
Applications don't get rejected for having a photo of the wrong size/pixels.

If anything they will ask for another one.

Cheers :)

pat52

Dec 27, 2015
Hi Seniors

I submitted my profile on 24Nov and got AOR.
But today 26Nov i received email saying - "Job Bank – Your user account has been deactivated due to inactivity"

Is it going to effect my application process? / or no impact after submiting PR application (i can ingore it)?

Please help me out

Thanks

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hey again guys,

3 questions:

A) I created profile in Job Bank 3-4 months ago but got a job only a few weeks after that. Do i need to manually deactivate that profile?

B) For my current job, how do i mention my salary if i am paid on commission bases? I only started this job 5 months ago.

C) Also, just wanted to know if self employment (incorporated in canada) count as WE, from nov 19th onwards? I know it didn't count before Nov. 19th. But i just saw the website and i felt they may have changed that condition. Here's what's written which made me ask this.

"The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company), should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

and if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years])."

Thanks again!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pat52 said:
Hi Seniors

I submitted my profile on 24Nov and got AOR.
But today 26Nov i received email saying - "Job Bank – Your user account has been deactivated due to inactivity"

Is it going to effect my application process? / or no impact after submiting PR application (i can ingore it)?

Please help me out

Thanks
Not an issue.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanadaPRforME said:
Raj/Other experts in the forum,

Hope you guys are having a good time. I really seek your advise. Per the changes introduced in EE 2016 and going forward (on 19th Nov'16) i see a valid job offer being awarded 50 additional points.

Now i have a job offer in IntraCompanyTransfer category from July'16 till Mid-July'17 which is little more than 1 yr but not 1 yr from the time these new changes of awarding 50 additional points. Now even though i'm in the pool and awaiting an ITA i re-calculated my points today in CRS tool. I came across this not sure clear question:

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

Now firstly we don't know when PR visa will be granted and 1 yr from the PR visa is uncertain, also why will a job offer needed if one has PR visa already. Secondly in my specific case that i have a job offer for another 7.5 months - do i get 50 points considering the fact that 1 have a valid and active job offer from July 2016.

Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestion/advise,
CanadaPRforME
If you are on a visa that was issued as a part of ICT AND you have been working full-time or equivalent part-time for at least a year, you are eligible to get those 50 points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hello everyone one,

I request your guidance,

I am currently in Canada on ICT work permit with employer name on it from past 3.5 years , but I am travelling back to my base country in Dec 2016 and also my work permit which is going to expire on Jan 2017 can not renewed further because I attained max of cap period.
In this case , am I eligible to get additional 50 points. Please advice. I have compiled more than 1 year and currently in Canada on ICT work permit. Only thing is I can not be able to work one more year due to expiry of work permit.

cinnamoroll

Aug 14, 2013
Hi everyone,

I currently have a PGWP. I have a temporary but full time job as a program assistant. I live in Alberta. I have some questions.

1. Can I apply for EE with a temporary but full time job?

2. Do I need to take IELTS even if I graduated from a university in Canada?

3. In the past year since graduating from university I have worked 3 jobs. This is my 3rd job. Does it matter in applying for EE or do we only need 1560 hours of work for a whole year?

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cinnamoroll said:
Hi everyone,

I currently have a PGWP. I have a temporary but full time job as a program assistant. I live in Alberta. I have some questions.

1. Can I apply for EE with a temporary but full time job?

2. Do I need to take IELTS even if I graduated from a university in Canada?

3. In the past year since graduating from university I have worked 3 jobs. This is my 3rd job. Does it matter in applying for EE or do we only need 1560 hours of work for a whole year?

Thanks!
1 - Yes, but only NOC's 0/A/B count towards skilled work experience.

2 - Yes, even people whose native language is English have to take that test. Since you're in Canada you can also take the CELPIP which is easier IMO.

3 - You need 1560 hours AND one year of full-time work experience to have a year of Canadian work experience. What I mean by this is that you can't say that you completed one year of Canadian work experience in 10 months just because you've completed the 1560 hours.

Cheers ;)