+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DiNaV said:
Dear friends,

I just woke up to very bad news. My SINP application got rejected and status is now "Ineligible Application"

Requirements not met:
Principal Applicant ‐
You did not score the minimum 60 points on the SINP point assessment grid. You have not received
as many points as you claimed for work experience. From SINP assessment, the duties of your work
experience closely match the description of NOC 2174 Computer programmers and interactive
media developers, which is not in demand in Saskatchewan.

What should I do now?
That is bad news. I'm sorry. You can definitely try and apply to other provinces (OINP might open shortly). Is there no appeal process for SINP?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
rajkamalmohanram said:
That is bad news. I'm sorry. You can definitely try and apply to other provinces (OINP might open shortly). Is there no appeal process for SINP?
Even if there is, I am not aware about it. Have posted my query on this forums other SINP threads too, lets hope somebody can guide me. Otherwise OINP is my only resort. Or else just wait & watch my luck in the pool at 445 (but I guess thats asking for too much from luck...haha)

Bavana

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have some questions:

1. I have worked for two companies in the same time. One as a full time and the other as part time. In my application before the ITA, I wrote only the full time one as it is the one that i will get points for; however, in my application for the trv (Canadian visa) last year I wrote both. Should I include the part time one in the personal history only. Also, I wrote at the trv that both are full time. Is that a problem to write it as part time in the personal history

2. I am living on the border of the US. I went there three or four times for short visits maximum 1 day. Should I include that in the travel history?

3. Can I change in the answers of the part before the checklist after submitting it?

4. what are the documents that I need for the medical examination? I already received ITA

5. Can I write exactly the same words for the duties of my NOC in the employment letter?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bavana said:
Hi all,

I have some questions:

1. I have worked for two companies in the same time. One as a full time and the other as part time. In my application before the ITA, I wrote only the full time one as it is the one that i will get points for; however, in my application for the trv (Canadian visa) last year I wrote both. Should I include the part time one in the personal history only. Also, I wrote at the trv that both are full time. Is that a problem to write it as part time in the personal history
It's fine to put any work experience you're not gaining points for in your personal history.
Not sure about the second part of your question.

2. I am living on the border of the US. I went there three or four times for short visits maximum 1 day. Should I include that in the travel history?

3. Can I change in the answers of the part before the checklist after submitting it?

4. what are the documents that I need for the medical examination? I already received ITA

5. Can I write exactly the same words for the duties of my NOC in the employment letter?
No.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Bavana said:
Hi all,

I have some questions:

1) You can mention the part-time only in the personal history and keep it out of the work history section.

2) Yes

3) Once you submit your e-APR, you cannot change anything.

4) Most certainly not. Doing that will ensure you'll get a rejection. The roles must "match" the roles outlined for the particular NOC.

dxb2020

Aug 28, 2015
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Dear Freinds/Experts

I wanted to clarify whether time lag is important when creating an express entry profile. As while creating the profile i have included my education details as from 2005-2009 Bachelors Degree and 2012-2014 for my Masters Degree. After 2009 i started my first job in 2010 which i left in 2012 and then started my Masters Degree which i was doing alongwith my new job. Now i do not wish to include my first work experience as i do not want to claim points for it.

So should I mention my first job experience in Express entry profile or else can i include that in personal history section post ITA ?

Thanks in advance

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dxb2020 said:
Dear Freinds/Experts

I wanted to clarify whether time lag is important when creating an express entry profile. As while creating the profile i have included my education details as from 2005-2009 Bachelors Degree and 2012-2014 for my Masters Degree. After 2009 i started my first job in 2010 which i left in 2012 and then started my Masters Degree which i was doing alongwith my new job. Now i do not wish to include my first work experience as i do not want to claim points for it.

So should I mention my first job experience in Express entry profile or else can i include that in personal history section post ITA ?

Thanks in advance
If you don't want to claim points for it, leave it out of your work history, and put it in your personal history.

dxb2020

Aug 28, 2015
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Thanks for the reply istari

So a time gap in express entry profile does not make any difference ?
Hence I can put that in personal history once i receive the ITA ...is that what you meant

sivapra329

Jan 15, 2016
Hi,

I applied for Express entry on 21-Feb-2016. I am working in Toronto on ICT Workpermit (NOC: 2173- Software Engineers) from Nov 2014.. My profile will expires on 20-Feb-2017. I wanted to update my profile for the newly announced changes. But it seems that my employer can't provide job offer letter as mentioned in the changes. Still i can get the 50 points? can any one in the forum suggest me that can i update my profile to get the additional 50 points.

Thanks
Satya

achilles7

Nov 3, 2016
Hi all,

I have a question regarding education points. If I understand correctly, we get 128 points if we have 2 degrees/diplomas. I have a degree from back home and a diploma from Canada. I have my degree evaluated by WES and yet I still end up getting 120 points. Is there anything I should do differently to get 128? I'd appreciate if someone could guide me.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
achilles7 said:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding education points. If I understand correctly, we get 128 points if we have 2 degrees/diplomas. I have a degree from back home and a diploma from Canada. I have my degree evaluated by WES and yet I still end up getting 120 points. Is there anything I should do differently to get 128? I'd appreciate if someone could guide me.

Thank you in advance for your time.

How do I answer the question in Express Entry about my education if I have two or more degrees or diplomas?

To get the correct number of points, make sure you choose the answer that best reflects your case.

For example: For each entry, if you have two Bachelor degrees, or one Bachelor and a two-year college diploma, choose “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29

achilles7

Nov 3, 2016
Thank you for your quick reply Stenlee. Much appreciated. However I can't find the "Two or more certificates...." option in anywhere under the education tab. Am I looking at the wrong page or should I be worried that I am avtually blind?

Thanks again for your help

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
achilles7 said:
Thank you for your quick reply Stenlee. Much appreciated. However I can't find the "Two or more certificates...." option in anywhere under the education tab. Am I looking at the wrong page or should I be worried that I am avtually blind?

Thanks again for your help
With the recent updates, CIC would have updated the options. In that case you need to select the appropriate option from the list that would apply for each degree.

achilles7

Nov 3, 2016
Thanks for the update Stanlee. The online help desk page is still up with the old information so I thought we would still get 128 points for two degree/diploma option. However it seems as if they have gotten rid of this option in the EE application.

Smela

Mar 17, 2016
Hello Everyone
As per the new updated CRS calculator, there is a question stating:

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

I am really confused as it doesn't say if its only foreign experience or as in total work experience(inside Canada+foreign exp)

Earlier It used to be foreign work experience question.