+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
hello rajkamal sir... kindly help me also tobmy query... which is do Distance education study get evaluated????kindly confirm ...plz... mine is PGDCa from punjab technical university

subhash600

May 29, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
To be eligible under FST, you must

"have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority."

Here's the link --->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp

thanks again raj

but do you think that sitting here in india i will be able to get a job offer,
i do have vast exp. in my trade.

can u show me a way to acquire a job,

thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
subhash600 said:
thanks again raj

but do you think that sitting here in india i will be able to get a job offer,
i do have vast exp. in my trade.

can u show me a way to acquire a job,

thanks
There is very little chance of getting a job offer while you're overseas, unless you happen to be in a trade that is in-demand in Canada.
I don't know what the in-demand trades are, and I have no idea how you find out. (I tried a google search, but all the results are from a few years ago.)

DrPnk

Jul 16, 2016
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
In a self evaluation of CRS I might have 456 score.
Now since March cut off scores for ITA have never been below 460!
I am told by an immigration agent that they are expected to fall below 400 by November !
Is there any such thing??

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DrPnk said:
Hi
I am told by an immigration agent that they are expected to fall below 400 by November !
There is a rumour going around that once the backlog of old paper applications has been processed, the required CRS will drop below 400. But no one knows this for certain.

DrPnk

Jul 16, 2016
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
There is a rumour going around that once the backlog of old paper applications has been processed, the required CRS will drop below 400. But no one knows this for certain.
We are lisenced doctores ( with masters degree- PA and spouse). We can't have any labour market impact or job offer until we have a lisence of the respective body in CANADA to practice. Henceforth we are not eligible for most PNP. We get good points from our education and experience. As I mentioned it may be around 456.
According to you what we should do?
Wait for the cut off score to go below 450 and then apply?
Or apply and hope that it will go eventually??
Please suggest

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DrPnk said:
We are lisenced doctores ( with masters degree- PA and spouse). We can't have any labour market impact or job offer until we have a lisence of the respective body in CANADA to practice. Henceforth we are not eligible for most PNP. We get good points from our education and experience. As I mentioned it may be around 456.
According to you what we should do?
Wait for the cut off score to go below 450 and then apply?
Or apply and hope that it will go eventually??
Please suggest
Well, you can't get ITA if you're not in the pool. So if it were me, I'd get myself in the pool as early as possible, just to be ready when it drops.

Also, there are PNPs that don't require a job offer. So if the score hasn't dropped by the end of the year, you may want to consider applying for PN when they open back up.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
duggu219 said:
Hi

if you have any refrence letter please send me
Check this thread for reference letter sample format http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DrPnk said:
Hi
Yes, scores for direct ITA keep varying based on various factors, but no one knows for sure how much it would come down. If we look at the last one year trend, the lowest it has come down to is 450, so there is hope. If you have your ECA and IELTS ready, would suggest you to create and submit your Express Entry profile.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
$unn¥123 said:
hello rajkamal sir... kindly help me also tobmy query... which is do Distance education study get evaluated????kindly confirm ...plz... mine is PGDCa from punjab technical university
WES does not charge you by the number of degrees that you get assessed, so would suggest you to send your PGDCA and Bachelors both together for assessment. Meanwhile, you can use this link to check the Canadian equivalence of your foreign degree http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Just wanted a confirmation, ordering GCMS notes causes the officer issuing the notes to first clear any pending actions on the file, right? Basically it's a very simple way to induce progress on your file if it doesn't seem to be moving forward?

shammi.polen

Jul 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07/04/2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
14-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Thank you very much for the reply! :)
Best of luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
$unn¥123 said:
You need to check with the ECA issuing agency if your degree will be evaluated. One of my friends had a MBA obtained through distance education and WES recognized it. You need to check with them.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
istari said:
There is very little chance of getting a job offer while you're overseas, unless you happen to be in a trade that is in-demand in Canada.
I don't know what the in-demand trades are, and I have no idea how you find out. (I tried a google search, but all the results are from a few years ago.)
Even if the applicant has experience in a trade that is in demand, he either needs a job offer OR a trade certification from a Canadian Province or territory in order to be eligible to apply to EE (under the FST stream).