+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi, I have some generic questions as follows:
1. Do we need to submit any documents at the time of creating the EE profile?
2. If after the profile, the CRS is lesser, does it mean that automatically one would get an ITA?
3. What is the meaning of different terms being used OINP, ITA, PPR etc - I am a bit confused?
Regards.

vibhu_kk

Oct 14, 2015
vibhu_kk said:
Guys I have been reading a lot, but I have been unable to find the right information to answer my questions. As stupid as these might sound, I would really appreciate if someone could provide precise answers to my questions. Please no guesswok:)

History:
I individually applied through EE program last year (2015) and completed all formalities and received my ITA and applied and paid the fee. In May 2016, I received an email from ""CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>""
asking me to send my Passport for PR Visa stamping through VFS. During this period, just before receiving this new email, I got married and I sent a letter informing about my change in marital status alongwith my passport through VFS. I also updated CIC through Case Specific Enquiry portal with all the necessary documents (photos, marriage certificate and a detailed letter).

Now I have received 2 separate communications. One through email from DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and also through my Express Entry profile update page asking for the following documents:
Generic Application Form for Canada(required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
A signed and completed questionnaire(required)
Marriage Photos (required)
Passport (required)
RPRF (required)

I believe the profile update page is more authentic for me to share my wife's documents. Now I have these questions:

1. Is my wife going to be added as a dependent who will not be eligible to work in Canada? Or will this be also a PR with in-built work permit?
2. If she is not eligible to work with this permit, how do I apply for OWP for her? Can OWP be applied from my existing EE profile?
3. If she needs OWP, then why do I have to pay for RPRF (as asked in "Replacement Needed" documents)?
Reposting. Can someone please answer?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vaibhav007us said:
Hi, I have some generic questions as follows:
1. Do we need to submit any documents at the time of creating the EE profile?
2. If after the profile, the CRS is lesser, does it mean that automatically one would get an ITA?
3. What is the meaning of different terms being used OINP, ITA, PPR etc - I am a bit confused?
Regards.
1. No
2. Yes
3. Google my friend :). OINP stands for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, ITA - invitation to Apply, PPR - Passport Request. Check this link http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=http://canadavisahelpcentre.com/the-awesome-list-of-faqs/abbreviations-jargons-acronyms-related-to-express-entry/&ei=3-i3VvD_&lc=en-IN&s=1&m=420&host=www.google.co.in&ts=1468230133&sig=AKOVD65SUofRPHQMvVE_FTQdBIs9PQFpPg

PurpleStar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Stanlee said:
1. No you cannot claim points for a Canadian relative who is your mother's first cousin. For more details refer to section Adaptability here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp.

2. Since your total work experience is more than 6 years you get maximum points for work experience under FSW 67/100 points calculation. Please note that the term continuous is applicable to determine your minimum eligibility criteria and not for your entire work experience; gaps in between are fine as long as you meet the minimum eligibility.
Thank you, Stanlee. +1 for you.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Stanlee said:
1. No you cannot claim points for a Canadian relative who is your mother's first cousin. For more details refer to section Adaptability here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp.

2. Since your total work experience is more than 6 years you get maximum points for work experience under FSW 67/100 points calculation. Please note that the term continuous is applicable to determine your minimum eligibility criteria and not for your entire work experience; gaps in between are fine as long as you meet the minimum eligibility.
Hi,

I am confused, can you please help me. is this 67 point system still active? i thought EE is the only option for FSW category. As i am scoring 79 points as per this rule but my CRS is 464 only.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikhil

providence

Nov 23, 2015
Dear Friends,

My name is Ajith and my query is, the name mentioned in my passport is AJITH RAMACHANDRAN PILLAI, but in my birth certificate & SSC certificate the name is given as AJITH R PILLAI, as the initials "R" was not expanded.

So while I am submitting my documents after receipt of ITA will that create a confusion. Shall I take a attestation from Notary stating that AJITH RAMACHANDRAN PILLAI & AJITH R PILLAI are the same person. Will this notarized document will be considered as valid by the immigration authorities. Kindly advise.

Best Regards,
Ajith

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the BCPNP. I wonder if you could answer them.

1. I know that it states that you need a job offer for all except for those who have studied in Canada, can one still apply?
2. Similarly, for the direct related work- can we get points for the work done outside Canada?
3. How close should the job titles and description match the NOC?
4. If we receive the nomination, do we have to apply for the job in the NOC we applied?
5. Also, regarding the EE skilled worker, we have to provide the police certificates - does that have an expiration date?

I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you loads.

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi All,

my question is regarding Proof of funds. I currently work and live in Canada. I applied for my OINP under human capital priorities program and since I work and legally stay in Canada did not have to show Proof of funds but i submitted my bank statements for last 6 months. My question is when I get my ITA from express entry will I have to show proof of funds and meet the required fund requirements??

please Advise.

Thanks,

Swadiji

Jul 12, 2016
Hi All

I created WES account as per my degree certificate and also paid the fee. Last name in my degree certificate is initial of my Father.
But my passport has expanded last name.

I went though some of the posts in this forum and looks like people have created WES application with last name as in passport though it is different from the last name in degree certificate.

Please suggest what I should do for my situation.

Canada_dream_2016

Jan 6, 2016
Hi,

I am currently working in the USA and have applied for PNP program for Province XX couple of months ago. It is still being adjudicated and am yet to get a nomination.

Now, my employer is relocating me to Canada and to a different Province YY next month on a Work Permit.

What is the impact to my PNP? Do I need to inform Province XX about my move to Province YY on a Work Permit? If I inform, would there be a chance of rejection based on close tie with other province? Or is it absolutely normal to apply for PNP of Province XX while residing in Province YY?

Appreciate your suggestion and guidance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
neha25 said:
Hello all
I have been reading post on this forum regularly and very impressed by how everyone is willing to help eachother..
Coming to my situation
I created my express entry profile last year and got PT of interest from Ontario...applied to Ontario right away ....I got married in March 2016..informed OINP about it .as my spouse will not accompany me to Canada as of now(He has to give few exams and re-take his Ielts exam)..got my nomination in April 2016..accepted it right away....600 points got added and finally I got iTA on May,6
I was very excited gathered everything all documents.Although I was a bit doubtful about my police certificate because I did my graduation from China and police certificate was issued to us at the end of our graduation in march 2012, however I chose to live there till may 2012 because we need around 1-2 month time to get our credentials legalised at Indian embassy, Beijing and also I thought this was the last time I will ever get a chance to be with my friends and enjoy college life.So the thing was my police certificate said I have no criminal record till march 2012 whereas i resided in China till may,2012..Ignoring my strong doubt about this and after few friends who dela with immigration it's going to be okay I submitted what i had alongwith all other documents and fees for PR on 2nd July...and my application got rejected on 6th July due to the the very same reason I feard...it was my China police certificate..it was all my fault to begin with
Now, I have created new express entry the very next day and have found someone in China to get fresh PCC for me But I have few doubts now:-

1. As Ontario had nominated me in my old EE profile,..I informed them about my status and requested to transfer nomination to my new EE profile ...they replied to me saying they will review my application and asked few documents from my end which i have sent to them...but I am worried how long will it take to reach a decision ??Can they also decide to cancel my nomination ???

Unlikely. A decision was made on your application based on the documents you provided. Unless there was fraud involved, it is extremely unlikely that your nomination would be cancelled. Give it 2 - 3 weeks time.

2. I am also worried that if Ontario takes time to transfer nomination to my new EE profile ..it would mean all the documents which I have gathered including the ones for proof of funds, letter of references from seniors will get old and CIC may raise a objection if I submit the old ones...and running after my senior consultants to get them signed in fresh date the third time (1st one was for Ontario,second for PR and now again after new iTA)will make my situation bit awkward..

How "old"? For POF, always submit the latest documents. If your current company reference letter is < 6 months old, you can use that.

3. Can i submit my LOR that i got signed only a month ago??Does every single bank document needs to be in fresh date??

Absolutely.

4. Having been rejectd once..I am afraid what else they can put a objection on???Any suggestions in order to avoid missing anything that I might have otherwise???

Triple check the application. Get it peer-reviewed from someone. Be sure to include your ECA report AND IELTS report in the education history PDF.

5. Lastly I chose to make my sister who is a Canadian citizen ..my representative..which is better to go for ..a desginated individual or a representative and where do I upload use of representative or use of deignated individual form??are there any other documents to be shown for use of representative/designated individual except for the respective forms??

If you select "YES" to the question "Did you use a representative to file this application?", then I believe you'll find a placeholder to upload this "Use of Designated Individual" form. No other forms need to be shown for this AFAIK.
waiting eagerly for a reply..
:)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Canada_dream_2016 said:
Hi,

I am currently working in the USA and have applied for PNP program for Province XX couple of months ago. It is still being adjudicated and am yet to get a nomination.

Now, my employer is relocating me to Canada and to a different Province YY next month on a Work Permit.

What is the impact to my PNP? Do I need to inform Province XX about my move to Province YY on a Work Permit? If I inform, would there be a chance of rejection based on close tie with other province? Or is it absolutely normal to apply for PNP of Province XX while residing in Province YY?

Appreciate your suggestion and guidance.
While this would not automatically disqualify you from continuing your PNP application, the onus of showing STRONG TIES to the province that you have submitted your application to is usually required. You might have to demonstrate to their satisfaction that you have stronger ties to the province XX than to province YY. Relatives/Friends, property etc might help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Swadiji said:
Hi All

I created WES account as per my degree certificate and also paid the fee. Last name in my degree certificate is initial of my Father.
But my passport has expanded last name.

I went though some of the posts in this forum and looks like people have created WES application with last name as in passport though it is different from the last name in degree certificate.

Please suggest what I should do for my situation.
I used the name on the degree certificate (doesn't have expanded last name). I submitted a photocopy of my PP and requested them to use my expanded last name in the report. Worked for me.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
providence said:
Dear Friends,

My name is Ajith and my query is, the name mentioned in my passport is AJITH RAMACHANDRAN PILLAI, but in my birth certificate & SSC certificate the name is given as AJITH R PILLAI, as the initials "R" was not expanded.

So while I am submitting my documents after receipt of ITA will that create a confusion. Shall I take a attestation from Notary stating that AJITH RAMACHANDRAN PILLAI & AJITH R PILLAI are the same person. Will this notarized document will be considered as valid by the immigration authorities. Kindly advise.

Best Regards,
Ajith
Well, I would suggest you to do so in order to avoid confusion and problems with your e-APR.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kachra said:
Hi All,

my question is regarding Proof of funds. I currently work and live in Canada. I applied for my OINP under human capital priorities program and since I work and legally stay in Canada did not have to show Proof of funds but i submitted my bank statements for last 6 months. My question is when I get my ITA from express entry will I have to show proof of funds and meet the required fund requirements??

please Advise.

Thanks,
If you are currently working in Canada or if you are invited to apply under CEC, you will don't have to show POF.