Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi guys,

I submitted my application on June 4 and later realised that I missed submitting IQAS (ECA) certificate.
I provided that via CSE.
Do you think submitting a CSE delays an application?

Also, I believe we are not asked to provide IELTS language document as per the document checklist. Should we be uploading it anyways or send by CSE? I read on some forums that CIC may reject/request ECA and IELTS documents if they wish.

Regards,
Aditya

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
aditya127 said:
Hi guys,

I submitted my application on June 4 and later realised that I missed submitting IQAS (ECA) certificate.
I provided that via CSE.
Do you think submitting a CSE delays an application?

Also, I believe we are not asked to provide IELTS language document as per the document checklist. Should we be uploading it anyways or send by CSE? I read on some forums that CIC may reject/request ECA and IELTS documents if they wish.

Regards,
Aditya
IQAS (ECA) certificate is the very important document, If you already submitted by CSE you will be ok.
I don't think, you need to upload IELTS by CSE unless they ask.

I had submitted my english test result with my educational certificates(in a single pdf file) but they asked replacement again my original CELPIP, then I scanned and uploaded.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hi guys,
I uploaded a letter of explanation a week ago requesting an extension for my FBI PCC submission, since even though it had been mailed out to me, I have not yet received it. It has been a week, and I have not heard anything from CIC yet, and MyCIC still shows the status of the document as 'Provided.'
Is this something I need to be worried about? How long on average do they take to respond? I don't think they have ever taken this long to respond to LORs/requests for extensions before.

nrn zahra

May 17, 2015
Hi All,
I am in the process of creating an Express Entry sub-category application for SINP.
I am receiving a warning message about incomplete information in "Job Offer/Employment" screen of the Express Entry profile despite entering all the information in the provided field. The message says: "Exception Encountered: ORA-00936: missing expression" whenever I try to check my application screens for completeness and try to move to next application section.
Please help me with this issue. Is there some information format that I'm not entering properly or is this a system error?

becky244

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Everyone! Myself and my husband have just applied to the EE scheme from the UK and have been given 425 points overall. Next step is to get my husbands college certificates accredited for an extra 7 points!! Lets hope the draw comes down!

My question is: I completed a University Law Certificate (1st year) before completing my Bachelor of Laws (2nd and 3rd year) and had this accredited by ICAS. They accredited it as a Bachelor Degree and a University Certificate. Because the university certificate is equivalent to the first year of the Law degree I just put this down as bachelor degree equivalent in Canadian as both together they would only add up to 3 years. But would it qualify as two or more? If not should I get my A/S level certificates assessed so this would then count as two or more post secondary qualifications? Any advice would be appreciated as I have found this section of everything a bit confusing! And If my A/S levels would count as another certificate it makes sense to get them accredited too!

Thank you!!!!

KHase24

Oct 30, 2012
I am an international student from Nigeria currently studying for a PhD in Montreal.
My wife is in Nigeria although I have applied for an open work permit for her I am also considering applying for express entry with her as the primary applicant as we both currently have about 10 years work experience between us and have both taken IELTS as well as had our ECA
Is this advisable?
Please advise

KHase

PurpleStar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Hi seniors! In the calculation of points for relatives in Canada under FSW eligibility (67/100), can I claim for points for an aunt who is a first cousin of my mother (Aunt's father and my mother's mother are siblings)?

Also, I have a work experience for 5 yrs and 6 months in Company A, and 3 years in Company B, but a gap of 39 days in between the 2 companies. Can I claim for 6+ years for this? Both in one NOC but I understand that work experience should be continuous. Appreciate your advise.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
PurpleStar said:
Hi seniors! In the calculation of points for relatives in Canada under FSW eligibility (67/100), can I claim for points for an aunt who is a first cousin of my mother (Aunt's father and my mother's mother are siblings)?

Also, I have a work experience for 5 yrs and 6 months in Company A, and 3 years in Company B, but a gap of 39 days in between the 2 companies. Can I claim for 6+ years for this? Both in one NOC but I understand that work experience should be continuous. Appreciate your advise.
1. No you cannot claim points for a Canadian relative who is your mother's first cousin. For more details refer to section Adaptability here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp.

2. Since your total work experience is more than 6 years you get maximum points for work experience under FSW 67/100 points calculation. Please note that the term continuous is applicable to determine your minimum eligibility criteria and not for your entire work experience; gaps in between are fine as long as you meet the minimum eligibility.

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hello,

I would appreciate a suggestion. Would it better for me to apply for EE after I get my husband’s ECA & IELTs completed or should I just go ahead and apply for EE using my profile
IELTS R-9/L-8/W-7.5/S-7.0
ECA (3 years BBM)/ 2years MBA (not recognised)
Work Exp - 5 years or more
NOC A1121 - HR
Funds - 30K

I would like to know the following as well
1. How do we get into the Nominee Program?
2. Is it ok to register at the Job bank before we apply for EE?
3. Can I apply for myself and later add my husband’s eca & IELTS?
4. I worked as administrative officer for 4 years & then HR for 2.5? Which NOC is better to apply for Admin or HR?
5. How do I calculate my score? I have been told by an agent I get 67/67 anyway but I would to understand the CRS better for calculation? Is there a calculator available?

Awaiting your kind response

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jessy_canada said:
Hello,

I would appreciate a suggestion. Would it better for me to apply for EE after I get my husband’s ECA & IELTs completed or should I just go ahead and apply for EE using my profile
IELTS R-9/L-8/W-7.5/S-7.0
ECA (3 years BBM)/ 2years MBA (not recognised)
Work Exp - 5 years or more
NOC A1121 - HR
Funds - 30K

I would like to know the following as well
1. How do we get into the Nominee Program? - You need to get an invite or you need to apply based on the nominee program requirement of the respective province. You need to check the respective province's website for more details.
2. Is it ok to register at the Job bank before we apply for EE? - Once you create your EE profile, you will get instructions to set up a Job Bank account with EE Profile Number and Job Seeker Activation Code. So you can set Job Bank account post that.
3. Can I apply for myself and later add my husband’s eca & IELTS? - Yes, you can.
4. I worked as administrative officer for 4 years & then HR for 2.5? Which NOC is better to apply for Admin or HR? - The primary NOC should be the one which helps you meet the minimum requirement and gives you maximum points and most importantly, the one for which you have all supporting documents including reference letter.
5. How do I calculate my score? I have been told by an agent I get 67/67 anyway but I would to understand the CRS better for calculation? Is there a calculator available? - Yes, check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Awaiting your kind response

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
KHase24 said:
I am an international student from Nigeria currently studying for a PhD in Montreal.
My wife is in Nigeria although I have applied for an open work permit for her I am also considering applying for express entry with her as the primary applicant as we both currently have about 10 years work experience between us and have both taken IELTS as well as had our ECA
Is this advisable?
Please advise

KHase
Yes, you can. Check this tool to check your eligibility http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp.

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Thank you for the response. Forgive me for asking, I can get reference letters for both Admin & HR but I understand I will have to give supporting docs for HR.
1. Please advise format reference to get employment letter?
2. How long do I have to submit my husband’s ECA & WES once I have created my EE profile?
3. Is it advisable to create one for me now or just wait for my husband’s docs to get done?

I get 412 without hubby and 437 with his expected score IELTS and approved WES.