+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
gagzz said:
HI Everyone,

I have once concern as I used to work in India as a Restaurant Supervisor in a small chain hotel.
Recently the owner has been changed and i don't have any pay slips or any other details except Reference Letter, and i am also not sure if any positive feedback would receive from my employer.

I am wondering do express entry people call to check and if they don't receive proper answer then do they reject the file.

I would really appreciate if anyone can guide me through this
Thanks
Gagan
No, your application will not be rejected just because the case officer may/may not get a satisfactory answer.

Did you try the following?
- You can use Come to Canada Tool to check your eligibility http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
- You can check your score using this tool http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aboelie said:
Hi, i have a doubt and seeking help. The work experience i provided in the EE prior to ITA is comprised of three jobs (3 years, 4 years and 3 years, Primary NOC across all three was selected as: 2147 (computer Engineer - except software engineer ). Now, the job titles i outlined in the EE next to NOC were as follows (very recent company: Computer Engineer, middle company: technology executive , first company: technology executive) - both middle and first company titles i declared in the EE are not included in primary NOC accepted title unfortunately) as i wasn't sure what the HR department of my first two employers will mention in the work experience letters so i went with a generic title.. After contacting the HR department, they provided me with letters as follows (most recent company: Computer Engineer, middle company: Networking Consultant, first company: Telecom Architect) - all titles aligned with the NOC list of accepted titles. The question now, do i go and change the title in the PR application before submission (would officers consider that as a material change, hence misrepresentation? ) or shall i keep the title for the first two jobs as Technology executives and upload supporting letters showing different titles (i.e. Consultant and Architect), hence risking a mismatch between the declared title before ITA and supportive documents in PR application?. note that last job which is what matters will remain accurate before submission and after submission and the letter is supportive to the declaration (computer engineer).. I am inclined to update the titles to match the work letters..
In my personal opinion, updating the job title will not have any adverse impact, since the NOC is still going to remain the same (if I understand you correctly). As far as I understand, CIC is more concerned with the duties and responsibilities carried on by you than the job title/designation.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Kombatant said:
Hello everyone; I have two questions and I would appreciate it if someone knew the answer.

a) I've lived in Greece all my life, but I studied in the UK for approximately a year to get my Master's degree 12 years ago. Do I need to get a police certificate from the UK as well? - Yes.
b) If so, how am I going to get an endorser? It's been quite a while since I was there and I don't know anyone in the UK atm. - As far as I know, the endorser for your UK police certificate application has to be someone from your own country.

Thanks in advance!

Kombatant

May 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it :) Two more questions if you don't mind; I am trying to learn as much as possible so as not to bother everyone, but the paperwork can be pretty overwhelming.

a) Over at the Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria webpage (can't post links, sorry), under section C, Education, it says that in order to get the 50 points (already have CLB 9), I need "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer". So since I have a Master's degree in the UK, do I need to also send my Bachelor's Greek Degree in order to show that I have two post-secondary program credentials? Or does having an MSc mean you already have a BSc, so no need to send it?

b) About POF; I have little money in my account right now, but my wife has a joint account with my father in-law, and the amount there suffices. Can I use that in my application, with letters from both my wife and father in law stating they are ok with using the money for the purposes of immigration?

Again thank you very much!

paramjeet122

May 4, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1. In order to claim two or more degrees, you will need to have any of the following in addition to your Bachelors. This will have to assessed by WES or any other institution designated by WES.

2. WES does not charge you by the number of degrees per applicant, so for your wife it would be advisable to send both the Masters for assessment by WES. Meanwhile, you can check the Canadian equivalency of your foreign degree using this tool
3. It will depend on how quick you can master French, it varies from person to person.
Thanks Stanlee....

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kombatant said:
Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it :) Two more questions if you don't mind; I am trying to learn as much as possible so as not to bother everyone, but the paperwork can be pretty overwhelming.

a) Over at the Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria webpage (can't post links, sorry), under section C, Education, it says that in order to get the 50 points (already have CLB 9), I need "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer". So since I have a Master's degree in the UK, do I need to also send my Bachelor's Greek Degree in order to show that I have two post-secondary program credentials? Or does having an MSc mean you already have a BSc, so no need to send it?

b) About POF; I have little money in my account right now, but my wife has a joint account with my father in-law, and the amount there suffices. Can I use that in my application, with letters from both my wife and father in law stating they are ok with using the money for the purposes of immigration?

1. I reckon WES requires both graduate and post graduate as prerequisite you assess your degrees. Check from their website!!

2. Nope. Funds should explicitly be in the name of principal applicant or jointly held by applicant and co-applicant.

Kombatant

May 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
StAnger said:
1. I reckon WES requires both graduate and post graduate as prerequisite you assess your degrees. Check from their website!!

2. Nope. Funds should explicitly be in the name of principal applicant or jointly held by applicant and co-applicant.
Understood, thanks.

My wife will come with me, and she wants to be able to work too. So I go the EE route, and after X months I get an invitation to send my papers in order to get permanent residence. Is that all I need? Will I be able to take that, go to an employer in Canada and say hire me, or do I need a work permit as well? How about my wife, does she need an open work permit as well or is she covered by the permanent residence?

Once you have permanent residence you can apply for jobs, and so also your wife. No need of Wowrk Permit- a parallel route.

Kombatant said:
Understood, thanks.

My wife will come with me, and she wants to be able to work too. So I go the EE route, and after X months I get an invitation to send my papers in order to get permanent residence. Is that all I need? Will I be able to take that, go to an employer in Canada and say hire me, or do I need a work permit as well? How about my wife, does she need an open work permit as well or is she covered by the permanent residence?

caputmundi

Feb 15, 2016
Hi guys,

I have applied for permanent residence a month ago.

What has been the processing time in your case?

I am wondering how long it could take because I have a work permit expiring soon.

Thank you very much

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Kombatant said:

1. It all depends on how your foreign Masters is assessed by the institutions designated by CIC to do ECA. Did you check the Canadian equivalency of your Masters using this tool http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?. If your Masters is considered equivalent to Canadian Masters, then you are good, but what happens if your Masters is not considered equivalent to Canadian Masters; so you do not know unless you send the documents and get an assessment. So, I would suggest that you send both Bachelors and Masters to WES as WES does not charge by the number of degrees that are getting assessed. So, if your Masters is considered equivalent to Masters, you get points for Masters. On the other hand, if your Masters is considered not equivalent to Canadian Masters, but as a Bachelors and your Bachelors also gets considered as Bachelors, you get to select 'two-or more degrees....' option.

2. The joint account held in the name of your wife and father-in-law cannot be used as POF, but if you and your wife hold a joint account, you can use that as POF. It would be advisable to have that money transferred to your account or to a joint account held by you and your wife.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Kombatant said:
Understood, thanks.

The concept of primary applicant and co-applicant is only for the purpose of lodging your PR application. Once you land and get PR, all are treated equal and are free to live and work in Canada, there is no need for any work permit thereafter.

whitewalker

May 28, 2016
H folks,
i am kind of new here, i just want to know the chances for me to get the ITA, as per CRS tool my score is 397,
my NOC is 1215,
i am MS in Medi.chemistry from Stockholm University.

please advise

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
whitewalker said:
H folks,
i am kind of new here, i just want to know the chances for me to get the ITA, as per CRS tool my score is 397,
my NOC is 1215,
i am MS in Medi.chemistry from Stockholm University.

please advise
Sorry this score is not enough to get direct ITA. You should at least have a CRS score of 450+ (based on the past trend) to get direct ITA. You can improve your IELTS score to improve CRS or else, try any one of the following options.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) - If your CRS score does not qualify to receive direct ITA, you should apply for provincial nomination and if the province nominates you, 600 points will be added to your current CRS making you eligible to receive ITA in the subsequent round of invitation.

Check this link, it has the links for each PNP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp.

LMIA Backed Job Offer - Another option to increase your CRS to get ITA is to get a job offer which is LMIA positive. This will add 600 points to your current CRS making you eligible to receive ITA in the subsequent round of invitation.

whitewalker

May 28, 2016
Stanlee said:
Sorry this score is not enough to get direct ITA. You should at least have a CRS score of 450+ (based on the past trend) to get direct ITA. You can improve your IELTS score to improve CRS or else, try any one of the following options.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) - If your CRS score does not qualify to receive direct ITA, you should apply for provincial nomination and if the province nominates you, 600 points will be added to your current CRS making you eligible to receive ITA in the subsequent round of invitation.

Check this link, it has the links for each PNP

LMIA Backed Job Offer - Another option to increase your CRS to get ITA is to get a job offer which is LMIA positive. This will add 600 points to your current CRS making you eligible to receive ITA in the subsequent round of invitation.
Hi Stanlee,

thanks for quick reply,however i am about to get my IELTS score by 01 june, when i done my profile assessment through some private firms, they said i am eligible and have higher chances for FSW they gave 404 score (i will be turning 30 by 16 june so i recalculated my score -397),should i just apply to express entry and wait or any other options. :-\