+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

gagzz

May 23, 2016
HI Everyone,

I have once concern as I used to work in India as a Restaurant Supervisor in a small chain hotel.
Recently the owner has been changed and i don't have any pay slips or any other details except Reference Letter, and i am also not sure if any positive feedback would receive from my employer.

I am wondering do express entry people call to check and if they don't receive proper answer then do they reject the file.

I would really appreciate if anyone can guide me through this
Thanks
Gagan

MORGESDREAMS

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-5-2016
Passport Req..
8nov 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2016
LANDED..........
27-11-2016
gagzz said:
HI Everyone,

I have once concern as I used to work in India as a Restaurant Supervisor in a small chain hotel.
Recently the owner has been changed and i don't have any pay slips or any other details except Reference Letter, and i am also not sure if any positive feedback would receive from my employer.

I am wondering do express entry people call to check and if they don't receive proper answer then do they reject the file.

I would really appreciate if anyone can guide me through this
Thanks
Gagan

hi

Firstly are you inland or outland?until you have your reference letter with proper job responsibility related to noc, doesn't seems a problem,and if cic ask for pay stub you can show your bank statement showing your cheque deposit.

aboelie

May 25, 2016
Hi, i have a doubt and seeking help. The work experience i provided in the EE prior to ITA is comprised of three jobs (3 years, 4 years and 3 years, Primary NOC across all three was selected as: 2147 (computer Engineer - except software engineer ). Now, the job titles i outlined in the EE next to NOC were as follows (very recent company: Computer Engineer, middle company: technology executive , first company: technology executive) - both middle and first company titles i declared in the EE are not included in primary NOC accepted title unfortunately) as i wasn't sure what the HR department of my first two employers will mention in the work experience letters so i went with a generic title.. After contacting the HR department, they provided me with letters as follows (most recent company: Computer Engineer, middle company: Networking Consultant, first company: Telecom Architect) - all titles aligned with the NOC list of accepted titles. The question now, do i go and change the title in the PR application before submission (would officers consider that as a material change, hence misrepresentation? ) or shall i keep the title for the first two jobs as Technology executives and upload supporting letters showing different titles (i.e. Consultant and Architect), hence risking a mismatch between the declared title before ITA and supportive documents in PR application?. note that last job which is what matters will remain accurate before submission and after submission and the letter is supportive to the declaration (computer engineer).. I am inclined to update the titles to match the work letters..

Kombatant

May 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
Hello everyone; I have two questions and I would appreciate it if someone knew the answer.

a) I've lived in Greece all my life, but I studied in the UK for approximately a year to get my Master's degree 12 years ago. Do I need to get a police certificate from the UK as well?
b) If so, how am I going to get an endorser? It's been quite a while since I was there and I don't know anyone in the UK atm.

Thanks in advance!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Catie1989 said:
Is it possible to change Passport details after getting an ITA through the CEC Express Entry programme?
Yes, it is possible to update new passport details once you have got ITA.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
AngelsPlayer said:
No Its not possible to change your passport details.
I have read somewhere in CIC website that the passport should be valid for another 2 years at the time of submission.
secondly, your language test (Ielts ) candidate ID is your passport number.
It is possible to update new passport details once you have got ITA. It does not matter if the applicant appeared for IELTS with the old passport, the applicant can still update passport details.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
preet14 said:
Thank you Stanlee...
Yes I am from India and both work experiences were obtained in India. now i don't know my profile is eligible with noc 1241 when in India my primary occupation was 4021. do you think it will be considered as misrepresentation or something like that.

will there be any problem with this in future.
or two profiles will cause a problem when one is eligible and one is ineligible.

I am just too confused??
It does not matter what your primary occupation in India is. What matters is which NOC makes you eligible to apply under one of the economic programs (FSW/CEC/FST) under Express Entry. In your case NOC 1241 makes you eligible to apply under Express Entry as this NOC helps you meet the minimum requirement.

Using NOC 1241 as the primary occupation in your Express Entry profile does not amount to misrepresentation. There is nothing that stops you from mentioning other NOCs (4021) in addition to the primary NOC as it will help you to get points under FSW for total work experience than just mentioning 1241. What matters is that, for all the NOCs that you use to claim points you will need to have documentary evidence to support your claim.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
riaan said:
Hi

I'm a Software Engineer from South Africa with a score of 435. I'm currently at the point where I require a letter of interest. Its been close to 6 months since I was registered in the job bank, and I've applied tirelessly for positions, however I don't seem to be getting further.

Is there any suggestions someone can give me regarding this? I would really appreciate it any help I can get.
You will have to track individual provinces to see what are open at the moment or to know when they would open next. Check the following links to know more about PNPs.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how-ee.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
paramjeet122 said:
Hi Friends.

Lucky to locate this brilliant encyclopaedic forum....Thanks to people like Rajkamalmohanran....Kudos! for such patience & selfless efforts to help others.

Finally my queries :

1) I am a Bachelor of Commerce, what's easiest next I can go to add onto my education so that be able to claim : "Two or more certificates..."

2) My Wife who shall be a secondary applicant has 3 degrees :
(i) B.Sc Microbiology
(ii) MBA HR
(iii) MA English

What should I select as her education details? Confused between : 'Two or more certificates...' & 'Master's Degree, professional degree...'

3) How difficult is French for a normal English speaking individual to learn & have the points claimed at the lowest slab...any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Regards..Paramjeet
1. In order to claim two or more degrees, you will need to have any of the following in addition to your Bachelors. This will have to assessed by WES or any other institution designated by WES.
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate
- Post-undergraduate certificate
- Post-Bachelor's Diploma
- Post-undergraduate diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
- Postgraduate certificate
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
- Graduate diploma
- two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
- two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
- one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
- one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
- Study Toward a Master's Degree
- Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

2. WES does not charge you by the number of degrees per applicant, so for your wife it would be advisable to send both the Masters for assessment by WES. Meanwhile, you can check the Canadian equivalency of your foreign degree using this tool http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?.

3. It will depend on how quick you can master French, it varies from person to person.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Johny Bravo said:
Hi there I have a question.
Is it ok if I leave Canada during PR process and come back after they let me know that I've got it?

Thank you
As far as I know, there is nothing that stops a person from travelling while his PR application is under process. You can check with Asivad as well.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
learnIT said:
Superb. Your post is single page of what cic has.
I have couple of doubts could you please clarify ?
I am the primary applicant and I have 2 dependents (wife and 8 months old baby).

1. Pcc should get done before ITA or I need to submit while applying EE online? - For countries which you have left and would not be going back, you can get it even before ITA and those will be valid indefinitely or till you return to that country in question. For your current country, if the whole process of getting the PCC does not take longer than a month, you can even get it done post ITA as PCC from your current country of residence is valid only for 6 months. If your current country is US, would advise you to start the process if you anticipate an ITA as FBI takes 120 days or even more to issue you PCC.
2. Does PCC should be taken for both for me and spouse ? (we are 3 members me and my wife and 8 months old baby). - Yes, for both you and your spouse.
3. Funds (money) can be shown from different account like joint account where I will be joint account holder for multiple accounts. - Yes, you can.
Gold can be shows without en-cashing? - Not sure about this one.
what about un movable assets like land and house ? - No.

4. You have mentioned dependents need not travel along with PA. Is this true? - No, this is not true. Dependents can travel with PA.
Can I go first and get a job and get family later? - Yes, you can, in that case you will have to mention in you EE profile that spouse will not be accompanying. Please note, even if your spouse is not accompanying you, you will still have to show POF for all family (all three of you), get medicals and PCC done as well.
In that case till how long PR for dependents is valid?? - As far as I know, it takes at least a year. There are threads dedicated to Family Class Sponsorship, check it out http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/.

thank you in advance.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
A Nowa said:
Thx. alot for that..actually my CRS points are less than 400 , so I'm re taking the IELTS again to increase my points as much as I can,and also am trying to find something thru Linkdin or websites,the ironic thing that I get more points without mentioning that my wife will come with me,and that was so strange for me..at least 10 points less. so anyway hopefully as per the Video that was posted that the draw will come under 400 but I will try at least to get over 400 so I might have a better chance.
In my personal opinion the chances of direct ITA score going below 400 is very bleak. However, as you have mentioned, if you improve your score to go above 400, you stand a chance for PNP.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
riaan said:
My CRS score is 435 and NOC 2173.

Is my score good? - At the moment, no, not for direct ITA, but you can improve your chances to get ITA by securing a provincial nomination. You will have to track individual provinces to see what are open at the moment or to know when they would open next. Check the following links to know more about PNPs.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how-ee.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Should I be trying to better my score? - Yes, why not.

Is my NOC in demand? - Not sure, you will have to research on the same.

Thank you

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
greysky1866 said:
Dear Stanlee,

Thanks for your prior reply.

I have another situation in my application. My Spouse passport has expired. I have applied and received new passport. The Previous passport has details of spouse which are prior to our marriage and new passport details has my middle name and surname.

Ques : Do I need to update the details in MY CIC?

Ques : Is there any procedure to update the changes to OINP or can we mail the old and new passport to Ontario through mail?

Please guide.
1. Yes.

2. You must complete the Change of Personal Information Form if there are any changes to your personal information. This form can be downloaded from the OINP website. Completed forms should be submitted to OINP by mail, fax or email attachment. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html. Failure to notify OINP of any changes to your personal information will affect the outcome of your OINP and CIC applications. Check the OINP Application Guide for more details.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
anil918918 said:
Hello Guys,

I have been waiting for my AOR from ontario its been 92 days now , How long is it taking for AOR these days , I have a strange situation i have got a job offer in some other country i will be given a work visa for 2 years in that country so once i go there will i be able to continue the process of PR with canada or should i just forget canada dream just forget all the pain i have taken and amount i have spent till date ..just give me suggestion on how to proceed should i take other country visa or should i wait for AOR.
Based on the trend, you can expect to receive AOR in 120-140 days. Yes, you will be able to continue your PR application from the country you are referring to.