+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PMV said:
Hello Rajkamal,

Thanks for the prompt response.

What I was trying to get at is.. does a commercial pilot license (for which training period was 1 year) qualify as "One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"??

WES does not evaluate pilot license as it is not an "educational/academic" program.

Please advise..

Thanks
You can claim points only for the credentials that are present and evaluated in the ECA report. WES is not the only organization out there - Check out if other organizations will evaluate this.

Here's the list --->

Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
World Education Services
International Qualifications Assessment Service
International Credential Evaluation Service

Link ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi Rajkamal,

Just had quick look at all the authorised institutions. Looks like none of them entertain "pilot license" or other such vocational qualifications.

Which means spouse can only get me 2 points. A pity because he has a canadian license apart from american. But I guess CIC rules are CIC rules. Licenses dont really correlate to "education" as per them.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PMV said:
Hi Rajkamal,

Just had quick look at all the authorised institutions. Looks like none of them entertain "pilot license" or other such vocational qualifications.

Which means spouse can only get me 2 points. A pity because he has a canadian license apart from american. But I guess CIC rules are CIC rules. Licenses dont really correlate to "education" as per them.
Yes, its sad how certain worthy credentials go waste. I suggest you to e-mail the institutions that I mentioned and ask them if they evaluate your husband's credential. Sometimes, they might not have mentioned it on their website - no harm checking with them;You don't lose anything.

Good luck and all the very best!

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there
I still have 28 days to upload my PR application and all the documents (got ITA) but I'm still waiting for the FBI check. I assume I won't get it before my time runs out. Can I submit my application wit the explanation that FBI check takes up to 15 weeks or I have to wait through the last 28 days that I have left and then submit it?

Thank you

bpaul

Apr 12, 2016
hi everyone ,

I applied for PR on Nov 19 , 2015 ( on express entry stream , OIPNP) but my medicals not passed so far. Thay asked for addition documents on Dec 4 th 2015 , since then no updated . its almost 5 months and the medicals status is review in progress . any idea guys ? anyone has this issue?
Please help. Thanks.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
bpaul said:
hi everyone ,

I applied for PR on Nov 19 , 2015 ( on express entry stream , OIPNP) but my medicals not passed so far. Thay asked for addition documents on Dec 4 th 2015 , since then no updated . its almost 5 months and the medicals status is review in progress . any idea guys ? anyone has this issue?
Please help. Thanks.
may you share what kind of additional docs they asked for?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Johny Bravo said:
Hi there
I still have 28 days to upload my PR application and all the documents (got ITA) but I'm still waiting for the FBI check. I assume I won't get it before my time runs out. Can I submit my application wit the explanation that FBI check takes up to 15 weeks or I have to wait through the last 28 days that I have left and then submit it?

Thank you
Yes, I believe you could do that! Applicants have been given additional time for FBI PCC but bear in mind that you need to give them proof that you have submitted an application requesting FBI PCC. Along with the letter of explanation, you can attach the receipt they gave you when you applied for PCC and any other e-mail communication you might have had with them regarding when the PCC will be made available etc.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bpaul said:
hi everyone ,

Please help. Thanks.
This is definitely not normal. Ordering GCMS notes might help you understand what is happening with your application.

Shashwath

Apr 12, 2016
Hi
Thanks for sharing valuable information .
Kindly clarify few doubts of mine I am waiting for PNP

I have done with Applying in job portal wht is my next step?

There is a page for few provinces to apply online wht is that for ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Shashwath said:
Hi
Thanks for sharing valuable information .
Kindly clarify few doubts of mine I am waiting for PNP

I have done with Applying in job portal wht is my next step?

There is a page for few provinces to apply online wht is that for ?
I am sorry but I don't follow. Where is the page that allows you to apply for provinces. I am not aware of any such page tied to the EE profile.

Shashwath

Apr 12, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I am sorry but I don't follow. Where is the page that allows you to apply for provinces. I am not aware of any such page tied to the EE profile.
Sorry,iM not allowed to post links:I have appled online for SINP and same for other provinces: select first link from below by searching in google

Home Residents and Visitors Immigrating and Moving to Saskatchewan Immigrating to Saskatchewan Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

Question:
I have done with applying job portal and collection all my documents currently, how i will know if some provinces is open for PNP , will i get any notification?
or iam in correct process as i got 325 points and waiting for nomination so that i will get 600 points .

Thanks in Advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Shashwath said:
Sorry,iM not allowed to post links:I have appled online for SINP and same for other provinces: select first link from below by searching in google

Home Residents and Visitors Immigrating and Moving to Saskatchewan Immigrating to Saskatchewan Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

Question:
I have done with applying job portal and collection all my documents currently, how i will know if some provinces is open for PNP , will i get any notification?
or iam in correct process as i got 325 points and waiting for nomination so that i will get 600 points .

Thanks in Advance.
Check this post --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4958217#msg4958217

When you see a province is accepting invitations or you have received a NOI from a province, you don't get 600 points immediately. You need to submit a complete application package to them. They will review the documents and if they find it okay, they'll issue nomination. Once you get a nomination, you need to accept it to get 600 points.

At present, you are eligible to receive a PT notification from Ontario (OINP) only if your CRS is 400 or more. Links to the PN programs of other provinces are available in the link provided above.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, I believe you could do that! Applicants have been given additional time for FBI PCC but bear in mind that you need to give them proof that you have submitted an application requesting FBI PCC. Along with the letter of explanation, you can attach the receipt they gave you when you applied for PCC and any other e-mail communication you might have had with them regarding when the PCC will be made available etc.
Thanks alot for your response
So just to make sure, I have to wait until my 28 days runs out and ten upload everything with explanation letter?. So there is no way to submit papers now and don't wait those 28 days?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Johny Bravo said:
Thanks alot for your response
So just to make sure, I have to wait until my 28 days runs out and ten upload everything with explanation letter?. So there is no way to submit papers now and don't wait those 28 days?

Thanks
Submit your application on the 26th/27th day along with an explanation letter and all relevant proof that suggests you have applied for a FBI PCC. Also, write to them asking for the status of your PCC and attach those e-mails too.