+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi Raj,

My employer is requesting To Whom to address the reference letter.
He insisted that it shouldn't be "To whom it may concern".

Do you think something like "To CIC officer" or just "CIC" should be fine?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SamSamo said:
Hi Raj,

My employer is requesting To Whom to address the reference letter.
He insisted that it shouldn't be "To whom it may concern".

Do you think something like "To CIC officer" or just "CIC" should be fine?
To Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada would suffice IMO.

Note : CIC was rechristened as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
To Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada would suffice IMO.

Note : CIC was rechristened as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Good.
Thanks a lot for a prompt response.
Appreciate it!

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I have a question related to new work experience post ITA.
I received ITA on 10 Feb 2016 and my deadline to submit documents is 10 Apr 2016. However, from 01 Mar 2016, I will be joining a new company. My questions are:

1. Do I need reference letter from my new employer as soon as I join them?
2. My current employer will issue me a reference letter stating that my employment ended on 29th Feb 2016. I will upload this letter in the work history. Is this ok?
3. Do I need to show my new employment in the work history or personal history?
4. Do I need to prepare a LOE to explain this change?

TIA

asadjamalkhan

Sep 10, 2014
I have got my educational docs assessed by WES in accountancy profession. I am having confusion about whether i fall in the category of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".

WES have given me overall Canadian equivalency "Bachelor degree (four years) as i have total 16 years of education from Pakistan(bullet point 1 to 3 below). details of individual assessment are given below:

1 Bachelor of commerce (BCOM) which is a two years program and WES gave equivalency of 'Diploma two years'
2 Post graduate diploma (after BCOM) in banking and finance which is one year program and WES gave equivalency of 'Bachelor degree of three years' and also add remarks stating that " the equivalency for this credntial is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see # 1 above).
3 Masters in Banking and finance which is one year program and WES gave equivalency of 'Bachelor degree of four years' and also add remarks stating that " the equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see # 1 above).
4 ACCA (submitted 10 out of 14 passed paper for assessment) and WES gave equivalency of 'One and One-half years of undergraduate study'

so based on the above assessment, could someone please guide me whether i am falling in the category of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" as mentioned by CIC. So that i can plan my IELTS accordingly to get good score in order to get bonus points from CRS.

Your earliest response will be appreciated.
Regards.

zppatel

Sep 16, 2015
Hi All,

Could anybody please help me as i submitted my express entry application on 28 July 2015 and received response from CIC on 9 Feb 2016 to submit payment recipt and employemnt letter again by 26 feb 2016.
But on submitting these documents online through mycic, i am getting system error consistently.
Even submitted CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY form to get it resolved but got no response so far and calling CIC agents is in vain as they dont have any idea on my application.

Not sure what's happening ::) ::) ::) ::)

Can you please suggest what should I do?

Thanks in advance
[/quote]

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
asadjamalkhan said:
I have got my educational docs assessed by WES in accountancy profession. I am having confusion about whether i fall in the category of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".

WES have given me overall Canadian equivalency "Bachelor degree (four years) as i have total 16 years of education from Pakistan(bullet point 1 to 3 below). details of individual assessment are given below:

1 Bachelor of commerce (BCOM) which is a two years program and WES gave equivalency of 'Diploma two years'
2 Post graduate diploma (after BCOM) in banking and finance which is one year program and WES gave equivalency of 'Bachelor degree of three years' and also add remarks stating that " the equivalency for this credntial is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see # 1 above).
3 Masters in Banking and finance which is one year program and WES gave equivalency of 'Bachelor degree of four years' and also add remarks stating that " the equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see # 1 above).
4 ACCA (submitted 10 out of 14 passed paper for assessment) and WES gave equivalency of 'One and One-half years of undergraduate study'

so based on the above assessment, could someone please guide me whether i am falling in the category of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" as mentioned by CIC. So that i can plan my IELTS accordingly to get good score in order to get bonus points from CRS.

Your earliest response will be appreciated.
Regards.
I believe you might be able to choose 2 or more degrees!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zppatel said:
Hi All,

Could anybody please help me as i submitted my express entry application on 28 July 2015 and received response from CIC on 9 Feb 2016 to submit payment recipt and employemnt letter again by 26 feb 2016.
But on submitting these documents online through mycic, i am getting system error consistently.
Even submitted CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY form to get it resolved but got no response so far and calling CIC agents is in vain as they dont have any idea on my application.

Not sure what's happening ::) ::) ::) ::)

Can you please suggest what should I do?

Thanks in advance
Take screenshots of the error and send it to the CIC technical team. Here's how --->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=799&top=23

asadjamalkhan

Sep 10, 2014
Hello,

Could you please provide me an update on any PNP (independent, with no relative, no connection n no job offer) is available at 350points? bcz i have discussed with few ppl that i wont be able to get 128 for education... which has actually impaired my points...and even if i will try to improve ielts it will hardly take to 390+ points...

your replies are appreciated.

Regards.

pfernandes

Feb 15, 2016
Hi guys,

I have around 3 years experience in the previous 5 years, including one complete year. However, I am not working since October 1, 2015. Would this present a problem?

Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pfernandes said:
Hi guys,

I have around 3 years experience in the previous 5 years, including one complete year. However, I am not working since October 1, 2015. Would this present a problem?

Thanks in advance.
No problem.

schoudhury

Feb 24, 2016
Hey! I have a question about the steps post ITA.

After you get your CoPR and passport stamped, you are supposed to fly to Canada right away to get your PR card or you get sometime to do that? Also, once you get your PR card, in how much time do you have to go back to Canada, if in case you are waiting to land up with a job while residing in your homeland?

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
schoudhury said:
Hey! I have a question about the steps post ITA.

After you get your CoPR and passport stamped, you are supposed to fly to Canada right away to get your PR card or you get sometime to do that? Also, once you get your PR card, in how much time do you have to go back to Canada, if in case you are waiting to land up with a job while residing in your homeland?
You have time to land in Canada before your medicals past 1 year mark or your visa/CoPR validity expires. Once you apply for PR card you can go back to your home town but the address for PR card delivery should be within Canada. You can give your friends address for instance. But you cannot fly back in Canada once you apply for PR card since CoPR document is not recognized as entry point in Canada. The only exception that you can get back in Canada is 1. if you have travel authorization document or 2. if you plan to enter Canada by land.

schoudhury

Feb 24, 2016
JK_CAD said:
You have time to land in Canada before your medicals past 1 year mark or your visa/CoPR validity expires. Once you apply for PR card you can go back to your home town but the address for PR card delivery should be within Canada. You can give your friends address for instance. But you cannot fly back in Canada once you apply for PR card since CoPR document is not recognized as entry point in Canada. The only exception that you can get back in Canada is 1. if you have travel authorization document or 2. if you plan to enter Canada by land.
Thanks for your response!
My question is after I get the CoPR, is there a way to collect the PR card in person in case i dont have a valid address to get it mailed? And after getting or collecting the PR card, i return back to my homeland to search for a job. In that case, by when should I be back in Canada?

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
schoudhury said:
Thanks for your response!
My question is after I get the CoPR, is there a way to collect the PR card in person in case i dont have a valid address to get it mailed? And after getting or collecting the PR card, i return back to my homeland to search for a job. In that case, by when should I be back in Canada?
I have the same question. I mean if there is a validity of 1 year from Jan-Dec and I fly to canada on April than do I have to apply for PR card soon after I landed there?
How much time it takes to issue a PR card? And I mean can i take the risk of keeping my local job in place and take a 6-7 months leave and than get back?