+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi,

it shows as below in certificate:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byhl_Ug305o0TGlLYTBSVDFFWU45dFJBQTNrcWYyVnFqYXBN/view?usp=docslist_api

As of now, I've mentioned 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years' against both the rows in STUDY.
I saw the report. I think your post graduate diploma has been evaluated to a Masters degree. In this case, I believe you can claim points for Masters degree.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

Thanks, even I was wondering why my Post graduate diploma has been evaluated to Masters degree. (Guess it's because of being from IIM ;)).
In that case, should I remove the Bachelor's degree entry? or keep both the rows with their respective Levels of education.

And how much time does it takes, for the updated points to be reflected?

Regards,
Aditya

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi,

Thanks, even I was wondering why my Post graduate diploma has been evaluated to Masters degree. (Guess it's because of being from IIM ;)).
In that case, should I remove the Bachelor's degree entry? or keep both the rows with their respective Levels of education.

And how much time does it takes, for the updated points to be reflected?

Regards,
Aditya
Congrats :) .

You get maximum points for your Masters degree so you can mention only that. You can save the bachelors for the personal history section in your post ITA questionnaire.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

Thanks again for the reply.
If I do remove Bachelors, Will I lose the points that I've got for Skill transferability (Education + Language).

Currently I've got 50 against below degree combined with 'CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities'

'Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer'

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi,

Thanks again for the reply.
If I do remove Bachelors, Will I lose the points that I've got for Skill transferability (Education + Language).

Currently I've got 50 against below degree combined with 'CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities'

'Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer'
Points are awarded for the highest degree only, in your case, Masters. So, cannot "lose points" for bachelors because you'll not be awarded points for bachelors in the first place.

ramaprasathr

Apr 6, 2016
Re: Express Entry

Hi,

I am planning to apply for canada immigration. Do you suggest to apply through the consultants or directly.

I have DECE, BBA & MBA. Having experience about 23 years in the field of customer support, business development & Sales and Marketing.

Rgds,

Ram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ramaprasathr said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for canada immigration. Do you suggest to apply through the consultants or directly.

I have DECE, BBA & MBA. Having experience about 23 years in the field of customer support, business development & Sales and Marketing.

Rgds,

Ram
IMO, you could do it by yourself if you are willing to put some time and effort.

Suggest you to consider going through the below resources -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4915358#msg4915358

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

This would give you an overall idea as to how the system works. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
benefits of being in Canada

Got this in one email from a consultant . Is it true ?

Benefits of migrating to Canada.....
• Enjoy all the benefits equal to a citizen
• Work anywhere and in any sector interested
• Free Medicals
• Free Education for Children upto 18 years
• Child security per kid from government (approx. CAD $ 600 p/m per child)
• Parental PAID vacation of 10 months
• Employment Insurance of 10 months after losing job
• Old age security of CAD $1,000 after age of 65
• Can work and do business in US. Can buy property in US!!!
• Funds and loans for higher studies if you are PR or citizen
• Visa on arrival in almost 150 countries of the world

Paul941

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hey everyone,
I have a few questions about Express entry work experience to be eligible. I have been working 40 hours a week in my own field (NOC B) since first week of January. Do i have to work for at least a year to be eligible or work for 1560 hours which in my case would amount to 39 weeks. I would get around 950 points for my profile if i include a year of work experience, is that a good enough score to get into the post ITA pool? Thanks in advance for reading.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paul941 said:
Hey everyone,
I have a few questions about Express entry work experience to be eligible. I have been working 40 hours a week in my own field (NOC B) since first week of January. Do i have to work for at least a year to be eligible or work for 1560 hours which in my case would amount to 39 weeks. I would get around 950 points for my profile if i include a year of work experience, is that a good enough score to get into the post ITA pool? Thanks in advance for reading.
It is a year with at least 1560 hours, you can't reduce that. Depending on which category you qualify for you can apply without the experience.

Looks like you have an LMIA or PNP with score that high? Where are your 600 points coming from?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Paul941 said:
Hey everyone,
I have a few question about Express entry work experience needed to be eligible. I have been working 40 hours a week in my own field (NOC B) since first week of January. Do i have to work for at least a year to be eligible or work for 1560 hours which in my case would amount to 39 weeks. I would get around 950 points for my profile if i include a year of work experience, is that a good enough score to get into the post ITA pool? Thanks in advance for reading.
You need to work for at least 12 months in one noc (primary noc) to be eligible. BTW, there's no way you are getting 950 points unless you have a provincial nomination or a lmia backed job offer b from a Canadian employer.

Use this tool to find out what your actual CRS is -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Paul941

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Thanks a lot for the reply guys. I would be receiving my Provincial nomination pretty soon. There is a 15 month processing time for federal after getting my Provincial nomination so was just wondering if express entry is quicker. Following your link,I score 993 points if i put in my old IELTS score which i used to get into a school here in Canada. I guess all i have to do now is to wait until i gain one year of experience. Do people generally apply for both Federal PR( sorry , not too sure what it is called ) and express entry ?
From what i read on CIC's website, all the categories ask for work experience. I graduated last year with a diploma and have a permanent job in NOC B. Do i qualify for any a category that does not require work experience ?

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Being a newbie to this forum, few questions on EE process.

1. I am applying through a consultancy, per their initial evaluation report I am given 387 point, presuming I scored 7 Band in IELTS. My exam is on 30 APr. IF I score less than 7, I am kicked out from applying in this process?

2. What are the probabilities of getting an invite if say my CRS score is 400 or within 420, 430 ish. Hearing CIC is going to bring down the cut off points to some where around 450, true?

Been dreaming and putting all efforts to join the PR club :p. Seeking experts advise. sorry if I sounded noob in any of the questions.

Regards
Anish

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi Group Admin and RajkamalMohanRam

I have created the express entry profile, registered with Job Bank and status is open. The details are

NOC 0111
EE Created: 05/04/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY)
Job Bank Registration: 05/04/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY)
EE Profile Effective Date:06/04/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY)
Federal Skill Worker: Met
Overall Score: 411
Job Bank Registration: Accepted
Application/Profile status: Open

and

Job Seeker - Express Entry Account Active

Could you please guide, how can I apply for OINP?

Thank you,
Pawshi