Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
harish21jun said:
Dear Raj and other seniors,

Thank you for all the support so far, I am about to submit my eAPR and have following questions:

1. I joined a company in Sep 2012 and travelled to Canada in Jan 2013 and was back on July 2015 but I claimed points only for Canadian exp and July 2015 onwards. No issues here right ? Asking because I didnt include exp before going Canada as this was not adding any points but my experience letter has date from Sep 2012 to till date. Of course in all these durations I was in same company and same roles and responsibilities. I will be mentioning everything I haven't mentioned in work history in LOE.

2. My WP extension refused while in Canada but the reference letter has deputation end date till I was in Canada (refusal date + 4 days) and I also have mail from HR stating that as per their record I was in Canada till that date and cannot give letter till (refusal date) I worked, I will include this detail in LOE. Any issue here?

3. Lastly, my degree is bilingual (both in native and english languages) this should be ok and no affidavit required, right?

Please help and suggest.
Anyone please?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
gemini08 said:
Hello all,
My spouse and I are interested in relocating to Canada via Express Entry (currently without a job offer). After having done thorough research on CIC and scanned through several posts in this website, I have a question that continues to be unanswered (I am a newbie here and apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere)

What are the chances that someone with all the other criteria checked and without a valid job offer gets an ITA? Have you seen such cases?
I know that it all depends on the CRS points, which obviously increases if you have a valid job offer. But, let's say, I have scored well for all the other criteria without the job offer.

Is it implicit that you need to have a valid job offer to get an ITA? If yes, I would rather hunt for canadian jobs first (from outside Canada) and then apply for a PR status through EE.

Ofcourse, CIC does not directly mention this anywhere. It uses the CRS system quite intelligently to determine if a candidate if worthy of being issued an ITA.

I ask this to make that decision whether I really want to invest the time and effort in building an EE profile without a job offer. I am in the Pre-application phase and yet to take language tests as well.

Appreciate if someone can throw clear light on this.

Thanks.
gemini08
Hi and welcome to the forum.

There have been some recent changes to the express entry system which have significantly reduced the relevance of a job offer. Where one would get 600 points they now only get 50 points for a valid job offer, unless it is a senior management position, which still gives 600 points. As a result the focus is now more on human capital factors (education, age, work experience and language). Therefore, one can score highly without a job offer. In fact, we may find that, with minimum points for ITAs dropping, the majority of ITA will now be given to people without job offers.

I hope this helps. All the best.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
g126 said:
You IELTS expires 23/01/2018 and your wife will expire on 24/08/2017... So long as you submit everything and get an AOR BEFORE these dates your are fine!

If you got ITA today thene you'll need to get an AOR by 22 of MAY... so just go ahead with the current (high score) IELTS.
Thank you Sir,
Thank you for your wishes.
Are you sure to use IELTS score which gives high CRS score?
Not recent one?
Kindly confirm.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
prabag said:
Thank you Sir,
Not recent one?
Kindly confirm.
Hi,

He is right. IELTS scores are valid for two years, so you are permitted to use any test scores as long as they are still valid.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
prabag said:
Thank you Sir,
Not recent one?
Kindly confirm.
You can use any valid IELTS test scores and not necessarily the recent one.

gemini08

Feb 23, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

There have been some recent changes to the express entry system which have significantly reduced the relevance of a job offer. Where one would get 600 points they now only get 50 points for a valid job offer, unless it is a senior management position, which still gives 600 points. As a result the focus is now more on human capital factors (education, age, work experience and language). Therefore, one can score highly without a job offer. In fact, we may find that, with minimum points for ITAs dropping, the majority of ITA will now be given to people without job offers.

I hope this helps. All the best.
Thank you so much for giving your views on this. Much appreciated!

I want to ensure I have considered all the possibilities before I take the next step in this immigration process. Following this, I would like to pose a couple of more questions -

1. What is the average cycle time for the entire process of EE? Not considering the language test taking and ECA assessments which are dependent on me; let's say from the time I open an EE profile (with all the data ready) till the visa gets stamped in case of success?
2. Also, how much time should one ideally invest in preparation of IELTS to get a good score (6 bands and above for qualifying) i.e. in terms of months?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
gemini08 said:
Thank you so much for giving your views on this. Much appreciated!

I want to ensure I have considered all the possibilities before I take the next step in this immigration process. Following this, I would like to pose a couple of more questions -

1. What is the average cycle time for the entire process of EE? Not considering the language test taking and ECA assessments which are dependent on me; let's say from the time I open an EE profile (with all the data ready) till the visa gets stamped in case of success?
2. Also, how much time should one ideally invest in preparation of IELTS to get a good score (6 bands and above for qualifying) i.e. in terms of months?
1. It depends on your score. If your CRS is 450+, it will take you roughly 9 months(3 post ITA and 6 for processing) for whole process. But how much time it will take prior to ITA is all based on your score.

2. Again depends on your English language skills :). How good are you at that. I didnt prepare anything except for some online listening & writing tasks to understand how they score you. So you can bag the most points.

Good luck.

gemini08

Feb 23, 2017
DiNaV said:
1. It depends on your score. If your CRS is 450+, it will take you roughly 9 months(3 post ITA and 6 for processing) for whole process. But how much time it will take prior to ITA is all based on your score.

2. Again depends on your English language skills :). How good are you at that. I didnt prepare anything except for some online listening & writing tasks to understand how they score you. So you can bag the most points.

Good luck.
Great! Thanks for clarifying. One final question to shut down my constantly buzzing brain (for the day!) -

Can my spouse and I both apply separately under EE category? (i.e., 2 separate EE profiles)
Or should only one of us apply as a principal applicant and the other, by default, becomes a dependent?

If the former is valid, there's a better chance of one of us making it right?

Thanks again.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
gemini08 said:
Great! Thanks for clarifying. One final question to shut down my constantly buzzing brain (for the day!) -

Can my spouse and I both apply separately under EE category? (i.e., 2 separate EE profiles)
Or should only one of us apply as a principal applicant and the other, by default, becomes a dependent?

If the former is valid, there's a better chance of one of us making it right?

Thanks again.
Yes, you can create two profiles. But what I would advise is, calculate your scores with you as the principle applicant and then with your spouse as the principle member. Then just create a profile with whoever has the most points. Also consider who will be able to easily get all the required documents.

use this tool to calculate your points:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

All the best

ayshilal

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,

I sent a package to WES for my and my husband's assessment. but this package doesn't have any reference number on it.
In this package, there are 2 envelopes, each one is annotated with respective reference numbers on them.
Will this be a problem for us? (me and my husband)
Should we resend them :(

Please help

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Guys need your help urgent!!!

1: can anyone pls provide CIC worldwide toll free num or mail.
2: Also when OINP going to open for Human Capital stream..Does anyone receieved NOI..

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ayshilal said:
Dear Seniors,

I sent a package to WES for my and my husband's assessment. but this package doesn't have any reference number on it.
In this package, there are 2 envelopes, each one is annotated with respective reference numbers on them.
Will this be a problem for us? (me and my husband)
Should we resend them :(

Please help
Hi,

Please don't post the same thing in multiple threads. Pick one a wait patiently.

I have attempted to answer your question in another thread below:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg5798372#msg5798372

Hope its helpful. All the best

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,

Can you guide me which link to use for creating the One key account.

https://www.one-key.gov.on.ca/iaalogin/IAALogin.jsp
or
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/ONekeyAccessPortalWeb/onekey.jsp

OINP eFiling system is different from One key. can you pls guide me I am having difficuilty in creating the account.
and how NOI will come to inbox.

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hi friends i need some sympathy.

i have 4years 11 months canada experience and my EE profile has given me points for 5 years canadaian experience. so my crs is 443 where as my correct score is 436. in last draw i got ITA which i can not accept,to keep hope for next draw my score will fall to 431 as i will loose 5 points for my age becasuse my birth day is on 25th feb.

will i gei ita for 431 in near future. loosing all hopes

Feb 1, 2016
Pittsburgh, United States
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Hi,

1) Just your degree. You only need to upload what you are claiming points for.
2)Call the doctor, make an appointment and ask what they will need you to bring. They will most likely only need your Express Entry number and passport.
3) They give you an Upfront medical report which you then upload of your application.
4) AOR is Acknowledgement of Receipt. In other words, its confirmation of your application being received by Canada Immigration.

Hope this helps.

All the best
Thanks, I called up the Doctor and booked an appointment. However the lady asked me to get the registration/confirmation number from the emedical website. I didnt even understand what she was asking. :-[
She said that there should be some registration done by the Canada Immigration on the emedical where they can upload the medical results. I didnt understand a thing.
I am currently in Pittsburgh, USA. Has someone done the medicals in USA? Any help on the registration/confirmation number?

Also, my current organization is not releasing me a letter with my current job responsibilities. Is it okay to get a letter from your colleague who is lower than you in the Company Hierarchy. Like can a Senior Consultant get the letter from a colleague who is a Consultant? Any suggestions?