+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hello Friends,

Is it mandatory to include Canadian degree transcript in a sealed envelope?

Should I need to add original ECA report from WES for my Bachelor's degree? or certified true copy of ECA is good.

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
VPSingh said:
Beautifully explained, many thanks young man!!

Hi Raj. Just like to share my view on WES online report. It looks a bit unprofessional
on part of WES issuing online reports without logo and unfair by CIC rejecting applications
basis on copy of online WES report submissions. Hasn't anyone wrote/raised their voice against
this issue. Also WES is charging 10 times more than regular postal service if anyone opting
for paper report to be sent by courier. Example CAD 7.00 for regular postal service and CAD 80
for courier. I know that one can track if opted for courier and peace of mind. Anyways felt worth
putting my views across.

Thanks

canada19

May 21, 2015
Hi
Can u plz help me in noc code.i am very much confused.i joined my present job 3 years ago and dont find any noc code for the job.my earlier job was in a private bank in retail banking .the most suitable code in O .A. and B is 6235.do i need to find a code for new job or older will do as experience of older job is also for more than six years.and should noc code b same for both jobs.Code in C cant do ?
Plz help on urgent basis.thanx in advance.

plz help

Budi

Jan 7, 2015
Hi Raj and Asivad,

Thanks for setting up the forum, it has helped to answer a few questions. I however have a few more and would appreciate your advice and guidance.

1. I received my PNP yesterday and was wondering when I might expect to get an ITA from CIC
2. Am I able to do my medicals using one of the panel physicians before I receive my ITA?
3. I am currently residing in the UK (been here for 8yrs) but will be relocating back to my home country next month, would this affect my application?
4. The police certificate how many years does it have to cover? Would I have to get one from my home country despite the fact that I haven't lived there for more than six months in the last 8 years
5. Finally, do I get back the hard copies of the documents I initially sent for my PNP application?

Apologies for the long list of questions, just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Thanks

tengmanila

Jan 30, 2016
just regarding the part about WES international courier vs standard delivery. I already chose Standard Delivery before I read this. Right now, evaluation is in progress.

1. How do I change it to a standard delivery?
2. I do have a friend living in Toronto. Can I deliver it there, instead? What will be problems?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
keepsmiling said:
Thanks Stanlee but few people told me that in such case of NO absence of Ref. Letter from Company, the applications are rejected if for one NOC 3 yrs Ref. Letter are not attached.
There is nothing you can do if you cannot get those documents.

If you cannot get it on the letter head from the HR, get it from your manager/supervisor on the letterhead. If that's not possible too, get it on a plain paper from your manager/senior colleague. Please ensure that the contact details of the person giving you the reference must be mentioned on the letter (Mobile number and office email). Attach a business card and/or company ID card of the person giving you the reference.

Read this post too -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employer-hr-refuses-official-job-letter-with-addnl-detailed-job-duties-t316445.0.html;msg4452245#msg4452245

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aakash07 said:
Hello Friends,

Is it mandatory to include Canadian degree transcript in a sealed envelope?

Should I need to add original ECA report from WES for my Bachelor's degree? or certified true copy of ECA is good.
Wrong thread! Please ask these questions in the OINP threads (from next time). Use these links -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oopnp-acknowledgment-received-t307460.0.html;msg4955759#msg4955759

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html;msg4952833#msg4952833

This is the verbiage on the application form -
If you have a Canadian degree, provide the following documentation:
A certified true copy of your degree granted from an academic institution in Canada;
AND
Official transcripts submitted by you in the original sealed envelope from the academic institution in Canada that granted the degree.
So, YES, I believe you need to submit transcripts from your university for your Canadian Education Credential.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VPSingh said:
Hi Raj. Just like to share my view on WES online report. It looks a bit unprofessional
on part of WES issuing online reports without logo and unfair by CIC rejecting applications
basis on copy of online WES report submissions. Hasn't anyone wrote/raised their voice against
this issue. Also WES is charging 10 times more than regular postal service if anyone opting
for paper report to be sent by courier. Example CAD 7.00 for regular postal service and CAD 80
for courier. I know that one can track if opted for courier and peace of mind. Anyways felt worth
putting my views across.

Thanks
True. It is indeed bad on their part for not issuing an online report with the logo. We can't do much about it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canada19 said:
Hi
Can u plz help me in noc code.i am very much confused.i joined my present job 3 years ago and dont find any noc code for the job.my earlier job was in a private bank in retail banking .the most suitable code in O .A. and B is 6235.do i need to find a code for new job or older will do as experience of older job is also for more than six years.and should noc code b same for both jobs.Code in C cant do ?
Plz help on urgent basis.thanx in advance.
Please send all your roles and responsibilities AND your designation to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca and they'll reply back with the most appropriate NOC.

Since you have 3 years of experience in your current job, it gives you the maximum CRS points for work. So, you can leave your other jobs out of the work experience section and retain them only in the personal history section in your post-ITA profile. In your EE profile too, mentioning your current job will suffice.

If you want to claim points for your previous job (in the past 10 years) alone, then that's fine too. Whatever has been said above applies here too.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Budi said:
Hi Raj and Asivad,

Thanks for setting up the forum, it has helped to answer a few questions. I however have a few more and would appreciate your advice and guidance.

:eek: :eek: Neither I nor Asivad set this forum up. This forum was setup by the wonderful team at canadavisa.com - Thanks to them!! We, like everybody else, are humble contributors! :)

1. I received my PNP yesterday and was wondering when I might expect to get an ITA from CIC

In the next draw and CIC decides when that is. We don't know.

2. Am I able to do my medicals using one of the panel physicians before I receive my ITA?

Yes but I don't recommend it. It is best to do medicals AS LATE AS POSSIBLE. This will give you ample time to land after you get your visa (If you don't already know, you must land in Canada before your medicals expire - Validity of medicals is 12 months from the date of the test.)

3. I am currently residing in the UK (been here for 8yrs) but will be relocating back to my home country next month, would this affect my application?

After you submit your application - no. Before submitting your application, yes - you might want to add this detail in your application.

4. The police certificate how many years does it have to cover? Would I have to get one from my home country despite the fact that I haven't lived there for more than six months in the last 8 years.

Your PCC from your current country of residence must be less than 6 months old at the time of submission. It should cover all periods of stay (in the past 10 years).

If you have lived in ANY country, in the past 10 years, for a period of 6 months or more consecutively, then yes, you need PCC from all those countries.

5. Finally, do I get back the hard copies of the documents I initially sent for my PNP application?

Apologies for the long list of questions, just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tengmanila said:
just regarding the part about WES international courier vs standard delivery. I already chose Standard Delivery before I read this. Right now, evaluation is in progress.

1. How do I change it to a standard delivery?
2. I do have a friend living in Toronto. Can I deliver it there, instead? What will be problems?
I don't think you can change it after you have chosen the mode of delivery.

You can provide the address of your friend who is in Toronto and ask him to collect the report. He can then courier it to you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
checkmimails@gmail.com said:
I am currently in US and my original degree is in India. At any point would I need the Original Certificates?
You would need a scanned copy to be submitted along with your e-APR. If you are applying for provincial nomination, then you might have to send a photocopy of your degree certificate.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi experts,

Could you please clarify whether we attach a scanned copy of PCCs when submitting e-APR or should we provide hard copies to the nearest Canadian embassy?

Thanks.