+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

windman

Jun 9, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I want to apply I checked the eligibility and I passed: Express Entry CRS Calculator: You have 373 points

I am 27 years old with 5 years of experience and my IELTS score as below, I have 4 years university degree and single. I have no relives in Canada, I didn't work or studied in Canada.

I don't have a job offer " Do I need to have a job offer?"

test score for Speaking.
test score for Listening.
the test score for Reading.
the test score for Writing.

Can anyone please advise me what to do? I want to immigrate is this is best path for me?.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
windman said:
Hello Everyone,

I want to apply I checked the eligibility and I passed: Express Entry CRS Calculator: You have 373 points

I am 27 years old with 5 years of experience and my IELTS score as below, I have 4 years university degree and single. I have no relives in Canada, I didn't work or studied in Canada.

I don't have a job offer " Do I need to have a job offer?"

test score for Speaking.
test score for Listening.
the test score for Reading.
the test score for Writing.

Can anyone please advise me what to do? I want to immigrate is this is best path for me?.
You don't need a job offer but in your case it will really help!

With 373 CRS you'll need to find a suitable PNP program (most require job offers but you'll find some that don't... Usually those that don't will have other requirements such as minimum CRS score or you'll need to be of a NOC that they consider to be needed).

What you SHOULD do NOW is try to improve your IELTS, you need CLB 9 which means improving your writing to 7 and you listening to 8. That will significantly improve your CRS score and then you may no longer need a job offer or a PNP.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi RajKamal,is there any bad record or delay our process if we call to IRRC like once a week?
Rabin

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
RabinJi said:
Hi RajKamal,is there any bad record or delay our process if we call to IRRC like once a week?
Rabin
Can't comment on that since I am not sure. However, I would think that calls are being attended by service representatives rather than the officers processing your application. So, I suppose it is unlikely that your calls would delay the application.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Can't comment on that since I am not sure. However, I would think that calls are being attended by service representatives rather than the officers processing your application. So, I suppose it is unlikely that your calls would delay the application.
Thanks Raj for the prompt response,
Rabin

Sidlims

Dec 8, 2016
Hello Raj,

I want to apply but still don't know somethings so I'm still reading so as to get myself acquainted with the entire process. Also, I want to know what's the minimum CRS Score one can get to be successful at the pool if there is anything like that? Thanks for your previous response. Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sidlims said:
Hello Raj,

I want to apply but still don't know somethings so I'm still reading so as to get myself acquainted with the entire process. Also, I want to know what's the minimum CRS Score one can get to be successful at the pool if there is anything like that? Thanks for your previous response. Regards
Anybody can enter the pool. However, your CRS determines if you get invited or not. Higher the CRS, better.

Check if you are eligible to apply here -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

Sidlims

Dec 8, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Anybody can enter the pool. However, your CRS determines if you get invited or not. Higher the CRS, better.

Check if you are eligible to apply here
Raj, thanks for your response. I'm currently preparing for my IELTS exams and as such don't have an IELTS Score yet but can I start my PNP application or I would have to wait till I have an EE profile before I can start my PNP application?

I would also want to know if one can start applying for jobs too without an EE Profile? Since the PNP and a valid job offer increases your chances of getting an ITA. Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sidlims said:
Raj, thanks for your response. I'm currently preparing for my IELTS exams and as such don't have an IELTS Score yet but can I start my PNP application or I would have to wait till I have an EE profile before I can start my PNP application?

I would also want to know if one can start applying for jobs too without an EE Profile? Since the PNP and a valid job offer increases your chances of getting an ITA. Regards
You would need IELTS score and an ECA (if you have a non-Canadian degree) to be able to create a EE profile. Yes, you can search for jobs but it is unlikely for employers to hire applicants that are still not in Canada (when there is a huge pool of immigrants that are already in Canada).

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Sidlims said:

Yes, you can start applying for JOBS now if you so wish, but without a WP/PR visa you'll have a VERY difficult time convincing anyone to hire you. Having said that it is possible so go right ahead!

PNP streams all have their own different requirements, but generally speaking for the Economic Class (that is Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experience Class) all require some level of English or French (so language tests are needed) and higher education (so ECA is also needed). For example, Ontario's OINP only works via EE, so you must have a EE profile before they look at you application.

For BC you'll need a job offer from BC before you can join their BCPNP Skilled Worker Stream, so looking for jobs there at your current stage may prove fruitful.

Have a look here for the other PNP streams - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

Word of warning, PNP will add significant time (and pain) to your EE process, so only go for it if you think your current/future CRS score will be too low to get an ITA...

Sidlims

Dec 8, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You would need IELTS score and an ECA (if you have a non-Canadian degree) to be able to create a EE profile. Yes, you can search for jobs but it is unlikely for employers to hire applicants that are still not in Canada (when there is a huge pool of immigrants that are already in Canada).
Once again thanks for your swift response Raj, so I need ECA before I can create an EE Profile or after I create the profile then file in for ECA? I know its compulsory for me to get my IELTS score but what I wanted to know also is if I can apply for PNP without an EE Profile. I understand that of offer might not be possible just like you've said.

How does one pay for ECA if one has more that one result like that of Undergraduate and Postgraduate results? Will one pay for the two results individually or one can pay for one of the two?

Sidlims

Dec 8, 2016
g126 said:
Yes, you can start applying for JOBS now if you so wish, but without a WP/PR visa you'll have a VERY difficult time convincing anyone to hire you. Having said that it is possible so go right ahead!

PNP streams all have their own different requirements, but generally speaking for the Economic Class (that is Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experience Class) all require some level of English or French (so language tests are needed) and higher education (so ECA is also needed). For example, Ontario's OINP only works via EE, so you must have a EE profile before they look at you application.

For BC you'll need a job offer from BC before you can join their BCPNP Skilled Worker Stream, so looking for jobs there at your current stage may prove fruitful.

Have a look here for the other PNP streams -

Word of warning, PNP will add significant time (and pain) to your EE process, so only go for it if you think your current/future CRS score will be too low to get an ITA...
Thanks for your post, I wanted to be sure and to be on the right track that's why I am asking this much. I really don't know what my CRS might look like in the future and that's why I'm looking at trying all possible means of getting an ITA. Again, how long does an EE Profile last? Does it have an expiration or it can stay for the whole year? For the ECA, must I have it done before creating an EE Profile? Regards

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Sidlims said:
Thanks for your post, I wanted to be sure and to be on the right track that's why I am asking this much. I really don't know what my CRS might look like in the future and that's why I'm looking at trying all possible means of getting an ITA. Again, how long does an EE Profile last? Does it have an expiration or it can stay for the whole year? For the ECA, must I have it done before creating an EE Profile? Regards
Profile lasts a year but you can renew/recreate it as soon as it expires.

ECA is a must for PA (principal app) but optional for spouse.

ECA lasts for 5 years.. IELTS lasts for 2 years.

The BEST place to start is to take IELTS and see where you stand with regards to your CRS score. From there you can make your choices (PNP or try for direct ITA).

Since ECA lasts for 5 years my suggestion is also to go ahead and get those sorted out ASAP. One less thing to do after your IELTS.

Good luck!

Sidlims

Dec 8, 2016
g126 said:
Profile lasts a year but you can renew/recreate it as soon as it expires.

ECA is a must for PA (principal app) but optional for spouse.

ECA lasts for 5 years.. IELTS lasts for 2 years.

The BEST place to start is to take IELTS and see where you stand with regards to your CRS score. From there you can make your choices (PNP or try for direct ITA).

Since ECA lasts for 5 years my suggestion is also to go ahead and get those sorted out ASAP. One less thing to do after your IELTS.

Good luck!
Thanks for your response and time. I so much appreciate. One last question is this, since ECA lats for 5years, can I start that now while waiting for IELTS Exam time to write my exam or it has to be after my IELTS exams?