+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Jayanth S

Nov 14, 2016
Hello,

I have completed my B.E in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2016. Since I am a 2016 passed out I do not have experience. But, I have a good academic marks of 68% aggregate and I have also written IELTS and have a overall band score of 7.
I wish to work in Canada and I heard there are many jobs openings in Canada for freshers in engineering field in this time of year.
So, what are the necessary steps that i need to take in order to work in Canada?
Can't I enter Canada and work without PR?
I checked the eligibility criteria and i lacked 13 points in order to apply for FSWP since I have no experience in my field and I also have a close relative in Canada, will it help?

Please guide me

Regards,
Jayanth

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Jayanth S said:
Hello,

I have completed my B.E in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2016. Since I am a 2016 passed out I do not have experience. But, I have a good academic marks of 68% aggregate and I have also written IELTS and have a overall band score of 7.
I wish to work in Canada and I heard there are many jobs openings in Canada for freshers in engineering field in this time of year.
So, what are the necessary steps that i need to take in order to work in Canada?
Can't I enter Canada and work without PR?
I checked the eligibility criteria and i lacked 13 points in order to apply for FSWP since I have no experience in my field and I also have a close relative in Canada, will it help?

Please guide me

Regards,
Jayanth
You are NOT eligible to apply for PR under Express Entry without procuring at least one year of continuous work experience. You can, however, try and come to Canada on a Work Permit and later, when you satisfy the criteria, can apply to become a PR.

Check the below board and post your questions on the appropriate thread. You can try to find jobs on job boards such as workopolis.ca, indeed.ca, monster.ca etc,.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-workers-b10.0/

As pessimistic as it may sound, unless you have literally exceptional skills, it is very unlikely that you will get a job offer from a Canadian Employer (added to the fact that you do not have any prior experience). You can definitely try though. It would be more practical to get a job in your country, gain enough experience and then apply for PR and while at it, you can try to improve your IELTS scores. If you get a CLB-9 (8777 LRWS), it would improve your chances significantly.

Good luck!

FazKhan

Jul 15, 2013
Hi every one,

I am new here. I am planning to send my documents to WES. I have completed my Masters from UK and currently living in Pakistan. I have 3 queries related to documents.

1- Do I need to send my Original Secondary Documents as "PhotoCopy" is not mentioned on WES website?
2- What about my Master Degree ? Do I need to send Original degree or first get equivalence from HEC and then send it to WES ?
3- Which one is better ? WES or ICAS ?

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Faz

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi All,

I recently got Ontario nomination but my profile expired before I could get ITA. I need to create a new profile and need help on following 2 points:

1. In the Principal Applicant > Immigration history & citizenships section , there is question:
Applicant Name> applied to IRCC before"Have <Applicant Name> applied to IRCC before" Should I say No or Yes considering following 2 things:
(i) I had a business travel to Canada in year 2014. Do we have UCI in business travels ? If I should say Yes considering this, then where do I get the UCI and which EE profile number should I mention. Do we apply business visa also using EE profile (in 2014) ?
(ii) I have an expired profile for which I got nomination but no ITA.

2. I got promoted in Feb , but didn't inform OINP or change in EE bcz that won't affect points. Should I bother doing it now ? I won't get a new duty letter I think.

Should I really bother about above points or simply I simply create my new profile as exact copy of old one ignoring these ?

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Hi All,

I am an IT person with 5+ years of experience (India and USA). Can someone please let me know (from your experience) which province should I fill in e-APR where more opportunities are there.
Also is that province really matter, do we need to stay there what we have filled in e-APR?

Binette

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
United States
App. Filed.......
January 25th 2017
Nomination.....
13-02-2017
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2017
LANDED..........
Feb 8th 2018
rajkamalmohanram said:
How were you eligible for Express Entry in the first place without an ECA? ECA is required only for foreign degrees/diplomas BTW, not for Canadian degrees/diplomas. This is very confusing - Your EE profile should have been ineligible if you mentioned that you had a foreign credential and you had no ECA.

Could you please give us more details on this?
I have old ECA ( more than 5 years old) and that is what i used on my EE. I hope this will help for your confusion.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahuldokwal said:
Hi All,

I am an IT person with 5+ years of experience (India and USA). Can someone please let me know (from your experience) which province should I fill in e-APR where more opportunities are there.
Also is that province really matter, do we need to stay there what we have filled in e-APR?
Once you have PR, you have the right to live in any province. But if you are receive Provincial Nomination, you have a moral obligation to remain in the province that nominated you.
If you gain PR without PNP, you have no moral obligation to remain in the province you listed in your eAPR.

reach.mr.rahul

Nov 14, 2016
Hi Raj ,

Greetings !

I have gone through your post , Trust you are doing very good work . Thanks for your all hardwork

I have calculated my CSR on CIS website which comes to 373 and my wife IELTS exam is scheduled on this month end and we hope will make our CSR point to 391 -393. what i understand is the possible way to get PR is to apply PNP program . I am IT engineer with 9+ years of experience

Do you think we are eligible to apply PNP with this CSR points ? ( want to move Ontario , BC or alberta )

Shall i Proceed to create my EE profile now and would I be able to amend my wife language test result later in the same profile ??

Many thanks in advance !! Cheers !

AARAAVH

Nov 13, 2016
Really very nice and useful information buti would like to know about making profile and i mean where shall i make my profile?

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
hi,

folks from India.

HDFC is giving me balance certificate and fixed deposit certificate.

Is this enough to show proof of funds requirement ?

Thanks in advance.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Guys,

Couple of questions:

WES : Can two applications be sent as a single package (includes two separate package with its respective WES reference number on it) ?
Two orders in WES site indeed needed I know.

IELTS: What happens if I get an ITA and before submitting documents my IELTS expires?
OR
It expires the time it is getting processed.

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harish21jun said:
Guys,

Couple of questions:

WES : Can two applications be sent as a single package (includes two separate package with its respective WES reference number on it) ?
Two orders in WES site indeed needed I know.

IELTS: What happens if I get an ITA and before submitting documents my IELTS expires?
OR
It expires the time it is getting processed.

Thanks!
Regarding your second question.

You would have to submit your application BEFORE your IELTS expires. Even if you have your ITA if your IELTS expires before submission your application might get rejected.

Cheers ;)

Binette

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
United States
App. Filed.......
January 25th 2017
Nomination.....
13-02-2017
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2017
LANDED..........
Feb 8th 2018
rajkamalmohanram said:
How were you eligible for Express Entry in the first place without an ECA? ECA is required only for foreign degrees/diplomas BTW, not for Canadian degrees/diplomas. This is very confusing - Your EE profile should have been ineligible if you mentioned that you had a foreign credential and you had no ECA.

Could you please give us more details on this?
I had old ECA from WES (more than 5yrs)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Binette said:
I had old ECA from WES (more than 5yrs)
Alright! ECA should not be more than 5 years old when submitting it to a province (nominee application) and at the time of the PR application! I believe you need a new one.

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
If I am currently under the Young Professional work permit (IEC), and the employer is written on my current work permit NOC B, am I eligible to get those 50 points?