Nomination.....
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
19-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
Hi, I am on a work permit which is expiring in Aug 2016. My wife is on visitor visa. She is in Canada right now with me.

I have already applied for my wife's work permit but it would take atleast 3 more months till her work permit comes.

I made a profile (for myself and my wife) on CIC website for express entry and I am getting 460+ points and i am hoping to get ITA by mid Feb. After that I a planning to submit all required documents by March 1st week.

My questions are-
1) How will my (and my wife) PR application will impact my wife's Work permit application? Is CIC going to give work permit to my wife when she has also submitted application for PR via express entry?
2) Any problems you think that I might see in this whole express entry process because of visitor status of my wife which is expiring in june 2016?

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
tdhnaman said:
Hi, I am on a work permit which is expiring in Aug 2016. My wife is on visitor visa. She is in Canada right now with me.

I have already applied for my wife's work permit but it would take atleast 3 more months till her work permit comes.

I made a profile (for myself and my wife) on CIC website for express entry and I am getting 460+ points and i am hoping to get ITA by mid Feb. After that I a planning to submit all required documents by March 1st week.

My questions are-
1) How will my (and my wife) PR application will impact my wife's Work permit application? Is CIC going to give work permit to my wife when she has also submitted application for PR via express entry?
2) Any problems you think that I might see in this whole express entry process because of visitor status of my wife which is expiring in june 2016?
Can your wife not be on a permit linked to your work permit? That is what I am on just now and have been for over 3 years. I'm not allowed to work or attend any form of schooling but it entitles me to stay in Canada and receive a health card. Our kids are also on a permit linked to my husbands which allows them to attend school.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tdhnaman said:
1. There will be no impact.

2. No, your wife's status will not cause any issues provided she maintains valid status.

This issue I do see is that if she has applied for an OWP based on your work permit and it takes much longer, there will be less than 6 months validity on your permit, so her app might be refused.

tdhnaman

Dec 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Nomination.....
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
19-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
1. There will be no impact.

2. No, your wife's status will not cause any issues provided she maintains valid status.

This issue I do see is that if she has applied for an OWP based on your work permit and it takes much longer, there will be less than 6 months validity on your permit, so her app might be refused.
Thanks for the reply.

If my wife's OWP application is refused or rejected down the line, what are the ways she can maintain valid ststus in Canada provided that she has submitted PR application (under express entry) and her visitor visa is expiring in June 2016?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tdhnaman said:
Thanks for the reply.

If my wife's OWP application is refused or rejected down the line, what are the ways she can maintain valid ststus in Canada provided that she has submitted PR application (under express entry) and her visitor visa is expiring in June 2016?
Prior to her visitor status expiring, she can apply to extend it.

tdhnaman

Dec 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Nomination.....
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
19-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Prior to her visitor status expiring, she can apply to extend it.
Hello,

My wife visitor visa is multiple entry which is valid till year 2020 but on the passport, she has a stamp to remain in Canada till mid June 2016 (which is the date of 6 months after she came to canada).

Can you please tell the ways she can extend her stay in Canada as visitor? I have already applied for spousal open work permit in late december 2015 but since it is taking 4.5 months for work permit to come. I am worried that even her work permit will come now as it only 3 months time left on my work permit. When I applied for spousal open work permit, there was more than 6 months time left in the application.

Thanks for your help,

tdhnaman

Dec 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Nomination.....
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
19-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
Someone please reply!

My wife is here on visitor visa. Her visa is multiple entry but since she entered in Canada in mid Dec 2015, her visa is valid till mid June 2016.

I have applied for PR for myself and my wife (combined visa express entry)

If my wife spouse open work permit application is pending with CIC(since January 2016) for review. Can I apply for extension of her visitor visa again?

Can she apply for two type of visa and One PR application (OWP+extension of visitor visa+PR application) simultaneously?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tdhnaman said:
If my wife spouse open work permit application is pending with CIC(since January 2016) for review. Can I apply for extension of her visitor visa again?

Can she apply for two type of visa and One PR application (OWP+extension of visitor visa+PR application) simultaneously?
Yes, you can apply to extend her visitor status as well.

jeffkang

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdhnaman said:
Someone please reply!

My wife is here on visitor visa. Her visa is multiple entry but since she entered in Canada in mid Dec 2015, her visa is valid till mid June 2016.

I have applied for PR for myself and my wife (combined visa express entry)

you can flagpole at a CBSA to get her OWP on the same day,,,

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Your wife can flagpole to extend Visitor status or apply online (myCIC) to extend it (at least 1 month before current status expires, I think).

Your WP expires on August, so you should apply for BOWP based on your PR application between 1 and 4 months before, to try to get Eligibility passed is better to apply one month before expires.

You should apply for a new spouse OWP simultaneously to your BOWP application, except she could extend visitor status and she don't need to work, but I strongly recommend to do it.

Probably you'll get PR (if application is OK), before receive BOWP but it's worthy just in case something goes wrong with the application.

If you're lucky you could get PR in 3-4 months (june-july) but be ready to apply for BOWP: check the application online, read post in this forum, prepare a good letter of explanation, pay the right fees (255+100 each).... Some BOWP were rejected due to incomplete or mistaken applications, so work to avoid it