+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry FSW PR

Teresa23

Jun 8, 2017
I am currently working in Toronto but my job is not in NOC level 0, A or B.

However, my job back home (2013 and 2015) is NOC level B.

Do I need to attach supporting documents (tax information, bank statements etc) for foreign work experience? I asked because I closed my bank account which I used for direct deposit back then and the tax electronic system used to file taxes for those years worked is now non existent.
I am very hesitant to open a profile since I cannot provide that information.

2. Does the officer call to verify your work experience?

3. Do you have to show financial proof when opening a profile or is it only needed when you are invited?

4. I understand that the PGWP cannot be extended because it is a one time offer but knowing the current situation of Covid-19, would immigration consider extending it for at least 6 months?

Hope I can get a little clarity with my difficult situation.

T_AM

Dec 28, 2017
1- You just need Experience Letter from your Company... no need of tax documents... just you can ask for duplicate salary slips from your employer if immigration officer ask you about additional proof ...otherwise letter is enough
2-No, but sometimes they do verify the existence of the company/institute you worked through internet.
3- No you don't need to show POF- Because you are already in Canada and have job you can mentioned that.
4. No PGWP can not be extended in any situation. but you can apply for new work permit .
(or You can file for extension of PGWP, it will take 3 4 months for decision ,in current situation . till the time of decision come you are eligible to stay in Canada, but make sure apply before the current PGWP expiry)

Teresa23

Jun 8, 2017
1. I don’t have salary slips unfortunately. If I can get, would I have to get all slips from 2013 to 2015 or just some?

3. I am in Canada but my current job is NOC level C and the contract ends in August. However, my work permit expires in November. That’s why I thought I would need to show proof of financial status for at least 6 months.

4. How do I go about applying for a work permit? Which one to apply for?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. I don’t have salary slips unfortunately. If I can get, would I have to get all slips from 2013 to 2015 or just some?

3. I am in Canada but my current job is NOC level C and the contract ends in August. However, my work permit expires in November. That’s why I thought I would need to show proof of financial status for at least 6 months.

4. How do I go about applying for a work permit? Which one to apply for?
1. Just some. The letter from your employer is really important.
3. Yes, based on that, you would need to show POF.
4. If you are selected through Express Entry (receive ITA) and submit your application before your PGWP expires, then you can apply for a BOWP. Otherwise you would need to get a job offer from an employer in CAnada and that employer would neet to get an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit linked to that speicfic employer.

Teresa23

Jun 8, 2017
1. Let’s say the worst case scenario I cannot get any pay slips, would my application be refused and closed?

2. Does the balance has to show at least $13,000CAD? Do I only need to provide the balance for each month for six consecutive months? Do I have to provide a letter from the bank as well showing my standing?

3. It is so hard to find companies offering LMIA especially in the financial, accounting and banking sector which my entire background lies. Any ideas?

Thank you.

T_AM

Dec 28, 2017
1- if your company can't generate duplicate pay slips. I will suggest get an email from your company in which company mention that they can't generate pay slips again. and also verify in email that you worked with them. but it should be from company email address.

2- if you don't have that much fund. You can take that amount from Parents or Brothers as a gift . then you not need 6 months time periods. they can gift you once you get your ITA...

and Remember if you get ITA you will get BOWP also...

3-what is your Qualification? Degree Title, if its Management , I think you can get LMIA for Category B NOC 6211 easily within Canada from any Employer (Make him sure you will pay all LMIA expenses fees etc....).
if not, as you don't have job, you Cann't apply for closed word permit & PGWP is only one time in life. So,

you can only apply for open work permit ( Although 5 to 8% chances you will get approved for open work permit but you can try your luck)

other option (to get more time to stay in Canada),
take admission in any course session 2021, related to your field and apply for study permit again and look your other options during study period...may be you get job offer based on your previous diploma.

your work permit expire in November. you have enough time right now. you can Look for "ATLANTIC PILOT PROGRAM " if Its still open....but for that you have to move to that regions....

Teresa23

Jun 8, 2017
1. Would I be penalized if I cannot provide further information as proof? Would my application be rejected and closed?

2. Do you have to provide proof of financial status when creating the profile or only after an ITA?

T_AM

Dec 28, 2017
1. Would I be penalized if I cannot provide further information as proof? Would my application be rejected and closed?

2. Do you have to provide proof of financial status when creating the profile or only after an ITA?
1- I want to know also about that, let other to answer

2- only after ITA you ll need
but in your case if you have any job in Canada you will not need POF...

Teresa23

Jun 8, 2017
2. I think I have to show proof since I am on a contract job which ends in August. My PGWP expires in November and I don’t think that I would get a job for 2 months or get a permanent job since the employer would like proof of status in Canada.

1. Hopefully someone answers soon.

upav

Apr 18, 2020
If you qualify for CEC or if you have valid job offer supported by LMIA in NOC O, A, B, then Proof Of Funds are not required. As you have stated, your job category is in NOC C, proof of funds are required while submitting application.

Reactions: scylla