+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for NOC 0111,1111,1112,1114 & 1212

guptcha

Aug 6, 2016
hi,

I am CFA charterholder and I am unable to find a way to mention the same as an education (as WES does not validate the same).

Can we mention this under education section while submitting the EOI? If yes then how should it be represented as: for example, what should be the drop down answers for the following field? 1. Field of study,2.Complete full academic years 3.Standing at the end of study period?

Can you please guide?

Many thanks,
chandni

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
guptcha said:
hi,

I am CFA charterholder and I am unable to find a way to mention the same as an education (as WES does not validate the same).

Can we mention this under education section while submitting the EOI? If yes then how should it be represented as: for example, what should be the drop down answers for the following field? 1. Field of study,2.Complete full academic years 3.Standing at the end of study period?

Can you please guide?

Many thanks,
chandni
Hi guptcha,

Although the CFA designation is a valuable one, it is not an academic credential for immigration purposes. If you are a member of the CFA Institute, I assume you have at least a bachelor's degree (or the work experience). This is where your EE points are likely to come from.

The only place you can declare it, is when registering for Job Bank, but for what we know, Job Bank doesn't do much for the candidates... yet.

It is sad, because the CFA might get you a job more easily in real life than get you a higher score in Express Entry.

Good luck nonetheless!

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
milind2411 said:
Hi @pziegler1986 I am also having the same degrees that you have with one more addition to it

I am a CA (instutute of chartered accounts from india)
B.com (Gujarat University)
Llb (Gujarat University)

What do you suggest as to which credentials I should get assessed since I believe there is lot of confusion over we can gain maximun points while getting our CA degree assessed with WES.

Can I get my B.com and Llb degrees assessed (LLB is 2 year course my B.com) if yes than while applying for the EE can I select 2 or more degrees to get maximum points.

You also mentioned that WES is asking for the following "You may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential as shown in your ECA report".....

What do you mean by this. Can you please help me with this so that I can send it right away at the time of my initial assessment to save sometime.

Thanks in advance.

Your help will be highly appreciated
I hope you have got your ECA done. If not then get all your degrees assessed. Your LLB degree may get equivalency of Professional degree.

eqrkim

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
EE BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 17
IELTS Request
Sep 01
Med's Done....
Sept 01 (Med Pass)
Not sure if my case will be relevant to this thread, but I received AOR on August through EE BC PNP.
I received PNP as NOC 1112 and has an experience in NOC 1111.
Got a degree from Canadian university.

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I understand that there has been past users in this thread who had discussions of having their CAs from different countries assessed by WES. I submitted my CA qualification to WES after reading this thread and am hoping that they will give a satisfactory evaluation.

I am a Chartered Accountant from Singapore. I'm not sure of how each country assesses their chartered accountants but in my case, it was a simple process of getting the bachelor's degree from the local university (which is extremely hard to get accepted), completing the 3 years of relevant experience, and then passing a pre-admission course exam. There are no further modules to be taken.

I waited for more than 20 working days and emailed WES, expecting that the evaluation is completed. to my horror, they replied me saying that they have received my documents but they do not accept documents from the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants. The academic records on file will be discarded and my fees will be fully refunded. i am shocked! They even told me to go on cic website for other ECA providers! My bachelor's was previously successfully evaluated already but i'd added in the CA qualification separately as an added credential and paid extra for it.

I am not sure what else I can do about this. I have emailed WES and expressed my disappointment and disbelief, hoping that they will give a satisfactory answer and reconsider my evaluation. Meanwhile, I would like to check with the seniors here if anyone has a similar experience and what I can do about this. This credentials is extremely important as it's a 33 point increase from 431 to 464.

Thank you.

Tatheer Zehra

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017
my designations
1. Executive
2. after promotion- senior executive
3. after promotion- Asst Mngr Finane...
I have experience in Accounts Payable dept handling as well as GL monitoring nd Accruals postings with MBA Finance degree
which NOC I will fall into

Amitanvi1585

Feb 3, 2016
Hi my NOC is 1114, Financial Advisor

IELTS is: 8,9,7,6.5 in LRSW. Current CRS score 407. Need 0.5 more in writing to get 464.

Will loose 5 points due to age on 15th December

nox1688

Jan 9, 2017
Hi - I got an ITA recently and claimed points for my work experience under NOC 1111 of > 4 years. However, since I started my work as a graduate in a Big 4 auditing company, I was required to do my CA at the same time back then (fully paid by Big 4).

This means that out of 4 years of work experience I've claimed:
- 3 years of working and studying to get CA designation (got it at the end of the year 3),
- 1 year of working post obtaining my CA.

I guess my question is - would claiming 4 years work experience be correct in this case? The NOC website seems to suggest I can only count the time I work in NOC 1111 when I'm already certified (meaning I can only claim 1 year in this case) which is a bit odd to be honest since there are other NOCs relating to accounting which do not require certification at all (i.e. 1431, etc).

lostguy

Jan 25, 2015
Hi, Just wanted to check if some one has managed to get points for CFA qualification. WES does not evaluate CFA qualification and it is one of the qualifications listed under Financial and Investment analyst NOC. I am just wondering how can we claim the points then? Your help regarding this would be really appreciated.

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Hi friends,

Got an ITA on 11 Jan, I am a CA working with one of the Big 4 Transfer Pricing Tax team. I selected NOC 1111.

If any senior could please help me with the content of reference letter which they have used and got through, would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot.

immtis

Jun 3, 2016
Hi All,

please has anyone evaluated diploma in accounting and business issued by ACCA upon completion of papers F1 to F3 with WES and what was the outcome of the evaluation?

sammy89

Feb 1, 2017
Hi,

I got WES credentials assessed as 'having two or more degrees' for my ACCA and B.Sc (Hons) from Oxford Brookes. I got my ITA yesterday and wanted to check two things here:

-Since my education was done back home but awarding instiution is based in UK, I wrote UK in my education. Now I realize while completing the personal profile that this will show as UK and I can't be based in two different countries at the same time. What do I do and how should I rectify this? Any changes to this will impact my score?

- My WES report shows UK as country of education since both ACCA and Oxford Brookes are based there and sent the transcripts directly. Do I then write country as Pakistan or UK for my education? Also do I then write an LOE explaining that this was a distance program?

I want to present all the info in a transparent way so that when my e-APR is reviewed, it doesn't get rejected. Please advise. Thanks!! :eek: