+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses vs. NNAS,CNO, etc.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

Is anyone here aware of the best approach to Express Entry for Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses? Or if there’s even one?

I’ve heard that Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses can apply to Express Entry using secondary NOCs related to Registered Nursing e.g. Licensed Practical Nurse-3233, Allied primary health practitioners-3124, etc. without any prior registration with NNAS or any provincial professional licensing authority in Canada where this can be done once PR has been granted - is this true or accurate?

If not via Express Entry, I believe an Internationally Educated/Registered Nurse would have to go thru NNAS first. Then secondly to the professional licensing authority of their province of choice. But this seems to have a low chance of being successful and takes so long, not to mention a significant amount of money.

Please share and comment if you know anything about this. Or kindly point me in the right direction.

Any feedback is highly appreciated. This will help not only me but all Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses trying to immigrate to Canada.

Thank you very much in advance.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
T365 said:
Hello Everyone,

Is anyone here aware of the best approach to Express Entry for Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses? Or if there’s even one?

I’ve heard that Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses can apply to Express Entry using secondary NOCs related to Registered Nursing e.g. Licensed Practical Nurse-3233, Allied primary health practitioners-3124, etc. without any prior registration with NNAS or any provincial professional licensing authority in Canada where this can be done once PR has been granted - is this true or accurate?

If not via Express Entry, I believe an Internationally Educated/Registered Nurse would have to go thru NNAS first. Then secondly to the professional licensing authority of their province of choice. But this seems to have a low chance of being successful and takes so long, not to mention a significant amount of money.

Please share and comment if you know anything about this. Or kindly point me in the right direction.

Any feedback is highly appreciated. This will help not only me but all Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses trying to immigrate to Canada.

Thank you very much in advance.
Hi,

If your purpose is to apply for Permanent Residency then you should apply thru Express Entry and check on your points even if you are not yet Canadian RN/LPN. If your points is suffice to be able to be given an ITA then NNAS is not needed anymore. The problem is this, let's say you have already created an EE profile and the system tells you that you need to look for an employer via job bank then that's going to be another story.
An employer in Canada only hires Canadian RN's/LPN's. To be able to register for an examination and be licensed, you need to undergo a certain process which includes NNAS. If you are familiar with NCLEX in the US, NNAS is equivalent to CGFNS. They verify your documents and you submit it to the regulatory board to apply for licensure examination. I strongly suggest for you to create and express entry profile and check on your points. ITA's are mostly given from 453 points and up. So if you get this, a job offer should not be necessary thus NNAS too as of the moment.

Hope this clears your confusion.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
fyijj02@gmail.com said:
Any updates?
Ok I confirmed that for OINP, Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses do not need to be registered in ON first before they can apply to OINP. This only applies to those with job offers according to OINP themselves. However when Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses get PR and would need to settle in ON, they would need to be registered before they get a job.

But for other provinces, Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses need to be registered in their target province first before applying to that province's PNP.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
T365 said:
Ok I confirmed that for OINP, Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses do not need to be registered in ON first before they can apply to OINP. This only applies to those with job offers according to OINP themselves. However when Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses get PR and would need to settle in ON, they would need to be registered before they get a job.

But for other provinces, Internationally Educated/Registered Nurses need to be registered in their target province first before applying to that province's PNP.
In addition, Ontario does not let you upgrade/school/process RN/LPN registration if you are not yet a PR.