+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for HR Professional

PierreHR

Jan 30, 2018
Panama
HI All,

I´m new to this forum and I was trying to obtain some guidance with Express Entry and what are the chances for an HR professional to be approved? I have 10+ years of experience in HR for several regions including North America and I have a Masters in Human Resources.

Is this professional area considered for Express Entry? Thanks in advance and I´m from Panama.

Wajidhosain

Sep 19, 2017
Pakistan
NOC Code......
There are three HR related job in the National Occupation Classification (NOC) List:

1. Human resources managers (NOC 0112)
2. Human resources professionals (NOC 1121)
3. Human resources and recruitment officers (NOC 1223)

You can match your experience with the detailed job description of above jobs on below website and decide accordingly.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Reactions: PierreHR

PierreHR

Jan 30, 2018
Panama
There are three HR related job in the National Occupation Classification (NOC) List:

1. Human resources managers (NOC 0112)
2. Human resources professionals (NOC 1121)
3. Human resources and recruitment officers (NOC 1223)

You can match your experience with the detailed job description of above jobs on below website and decide accordingly.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html
Thanks for the information and it seems these cover a lot of my experience in Human Resources. Do you have an estimate in terms of cost in order to apply for this express entry program? I notice that I have to pay for a company to validate my degrees and it seems that I also have to pay for an exam similar to the TOEFL. I´m guessing that the total cost just to apply goes between the $400.00 and $500.00 USD?

I´m considering these options since I have a brother that lives in Montreal but I also want to look at the cost and the real possibility to be considered into Canada with this program.

Wajidhosain

Sep 19, 2017
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Thanks for the information and it seems these cover a lot of my experience in Human Resources. Do you have an estimate in terms of cost in order to apply for this express entry program? I notice that I have to pay for a company to validate my degrees and it seems that I also have to pay for an exam similar to the TOEFL. I´m guessing that the total cost just to apply goes between the $400.00 and $500.00 USD?

I´m considering these options since I have a brother that lives in Montreal but I also want to look at the cost and the real possibility to be considered into Canada with this program.
Yes fees is involved in getting your education credential assessment and for appearing in IELTS. For ECA you can check WES website and your local IELTS test providers.

PierreHR

Jan 30, 2018
Panama
Yes fees is involved in getting your education credential assessment and for appearing in IELTS. For ECA you can check WES website and your local IELTS test providers.
Thanks a million and how long did it took you to be selected for Express Entry? 1 year? I wont apply to any of this yet because I need to complete a medical procedure that will require surgery and after this. I will get the money to complete EAC and the IELTS probably between April and June of this year. I really want to try things out in Canada and see how it goes for me with my experience with several U.S. Corporations.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks a million and how long did it took you to be selected for Express Entry? 1 year? I wont apply to any of this yet because I need to complete a medical procedure that will require surgery and after this. I will get the money to complete EAC and the IELTS probably between April and June of this year. I really want to try things out in Canada and see how it goes for me with my experience with several U.S. Corporations.
Unless you're going the PNP route, no profession has more of a chance than any other to be approved for PR. As long as your job falls into the NOC Type 0, A, or B category, your chances of being invited to apply are equal, all other variables remaining equal. Please see below for answers to your other questions:
Costs/Fees Associated with Applying for PR under Express Entry

EE Profile Expenses
As a single applicant, expect to spend anywhere from CAD$500 - $2,000 getting your ECA and language test results, depending on which assessment organization you select, how many credentials you need assessed, which language test you choose to take, and in which country, and how often you have to take the test (or have results re-evaluated) to get decent results. If you have a spouse, and plan to have his/her educational degrees assessed and have him/her take a language test to increase your CRS Score, you'll need to consider the costs for him/her as well. The rest of the Express Entry profile has no associated cost.

Application Completion Expenses
If you get an ITA, and choose to submit an eAPR, there will also be costs associated with collecting the documents you need for the eAPR, including but not limited to medical exam fees, the fees to obtain police clearance certificates, and any fees to obtain letters from your financial institutions to show proof of funds. These costs vary by person, depending on their particular application (and the resulting required documents) and where they live. (I personally paid approximately CAD$475 to get all of my single-applicant documents together).

Application Processing Cost Recovery Fee and the 'Right to Permanent Residence' Fee (RPRF)
If you submit an eAPR, you will have to pay at least CAD$1040 as a single applicant (and more if you have dependents accompanying you). This represents the application processing cost recovery fee and the 'Right to Permanent Residence' Fee (RPRF). The application processing cost recovery fee must be paid at the time of submitting your application, but the RPRF can be paid at a later point during your application’s processing; IRCC will contact you if and when you need to pay this.

FSW Applicants’ Required Settlement Funds
To be eligible for FSW, (unless you have VALID arranged employment in Canada WITH a valid labour market impact assessment (LMIA) if your job isn't LMIA-exempt), you will also need to prove that you have at least CAD$12,300 in available, unencumbered funds to settle adequately in Canada (and this amount can't be obtained through procuring a loan). If you have dependents, you have to show more, depending on how many dependents you have, even if they're not accompanying you to Canada. (CEC applicants do not need to provide proof of settlement funds).

All in all, the entire process will cost between approximately CAD$1,800 - CAD$3,500 (for a single applicant with no dependents), and most FSW applicants will need to be able to show at least an additional CAD$12,300 in available, unencumbered funds to satisfy the settlement funds requirement (for a single applicant with no dependents).

And of course, if you’re not already in Canada, if and when your application for permanent residency is approved, you’ll also need to factor in the costs of your plane ticket/trip across the US/Canada border in order to ‘land’ and claim your permanent residency, as well as any costs associated with eventually moving to Canada to settle their permanently.

Timeline for Express Entry

From start to finish ('start' being the decision to apply under EE, applying for an ECA, and registering for a language test, and 'finish' being landing in Canada and becoming a PR), the entire process can take anywhere from 2 months to 2.5 years. The time frame depends on:
  • How quickly you complete the activities (ECA and language tests) needed to submit your EE profile (anywhere from 1 to 6 months, depending on how quickly you can get a language test sitting)
  • How high your CRS Score is (which dictates how quickly you can get an Invitation To Apply (ITA)) (anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks if your CRS Score is initially high enough; indefinite if your score isn’t initially high enough)
  • How quickly you complete the activities and procure the documents needed to submit your eAPR (electronic application for permanent residency) once you are invited to apply (anywhere from 1 day to 3 months, depending on when you started procuring documents and how cooperative your employers and the necessary 3rd parties in your country are in supporting you)
  • How quickly IRCC processes your completed eAPR once you've submitted it, which is completely outside of your control (the average processing time is 6 months for 80% of applicants, although some people have been approved in as little as 1 month, and others have been waiting 2 years...)

PierreHR

Jan 30, 2018
Panama
Unless you're going the PNP route, no profession has more of a chance than any other to be approved for PR. As long as your job falls into the NOC Type 0, A, or B category, your chances of being invited to apply are equal, all other variables remaining equal. Please see below for answers to your other questions:
Costs/Fees Associated with Applying for PR under Express Entry

EE Profile Expenses
As a single applicant, expect to spend anywhere from CAD$500 - $2,000 getting your ECA and language test results, depending on which assessment organization you select, how many credentials you need assessed, which language test you choose to take, and in which country, and how often you have to take the test (or have results re-evaluated) to get decent results. If you have a spouse, and plan to have his/her educational degrees assessed and have him/her take a language test to increase your CRS Score, you'll need to consider the costs for him/her as well. The rest of the Express Entry profile has no associated cost.

Application Completion Expenses
If you get an ITA, and choose to submit an eAPR, there will also be costs associated with collecting the documents you need for the eAPR, including but not limited to medical exam fees, the fees to obtain police clearance certificates, and any fees to obtain letters from your financial institutions to show proof of funds. These costs vary by person, depending on their particular application (and the resulting required documents) and where they live. (I personally paid approximately CAD$475 to get all of my single-applicant documents together).

Application Processing Cost Recovery Fee and the 'Right to Permanent Residence' Fee (RPRF)
If you submit an eAPR, you will have to pay at least CAD$1040 as a single applicant (and more if you have dependents accompanying you). This represents the application processing cost recovery fee and the 'Right to Permanent Residence' Fee (RPRF). The application processing cost recovery fee must be paid at the time of submitting your application, but the RPRF can be paid at a later point during your application’s processing; IRCC will contact you if and when you need to pay this.

FSW Applicants’ Required Settlement Funds
To be eligible for FSW, (unless you have VALID arranged employment in Canada WITH a valid labour market impact assessment (LMIA) if your job isn't LMIA-exempt), you will also need to prove that you have at least CAD$12,300 in available, unencumbered funds to settle adequately in Canada (and this amount can't be obtained through procuring a loan). If you have dependents, you have to show more, depending on how many dependents you have, even if they're not accompanying you to Canada. (CEC applicants do not need to provide proof of settlement funds).

All in all, the entire process will cost between approximately CAD$1,800 - CAD$3,500 (for a single applicant with no dependents), and most FSW applicants will need to be able to show at least an additional CAD$12,300 in available, unencumbered funds to satisfy the settlement funds requirement (for a single applicant with no dependents).

And of course, if you’re not already in Canada, if and when your application for permanent residency is approved, you’ll also need to factor in the costs of your plane ticket/trip across the US/Canada border in order to ‘land’ and claim your permanent residency, as well as any costs associated with eventually moving to Canada to settle their permanently.

Timeline for Express Entry

From start to finish ('start' being the decision to apply under EE, applying for an ECA, and registering for a language test, and 'finish' being landing in Canada and becoming a PR), the entire process can take anywhere from 2 months to 2.5 years. The time frame depends on:
  • How quickly you complete the activities (ECA and language tests) needed to submit your EE profile (anywhere from 1 to 6 months, depending on how quickly you can get a language test sitting)
  • How high your CRS Score is (which dictates how quickly you can get an Invitation To Apply (ITA)) (anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks if your CRS Score is initially high enough; indefinite if your score isn’t initially high enough)
  • How quickly you complete the activities and procure the documents needed to submit your eAPR (electronic application for permanent residency) once you are invited to apply (anywhere from 1 day to 3 months, depending on when you started procuring documents and how cooperative your employers and the necessary 3rd parties in your country are in supporting you)
  • How quickly IRCC processes your completed eAPR once you've submitted it, which is completely outside of your control (the average processing time is 6 months for 80% of applicants, although some people have been approved in as little as 1 month, and others have been waiting 2 years...)
Thanks for the info and I will try to initiate the process with WES in March and see how it goes. I will try to see if I can send the diplomas my self because the customer service in both of the Universities I graduated is terrible and I cant rely on having them send the appropriate documents.

Jan 13, 2019
Hi Continuing with this thread, I am planning to apply this year for the Canada PR. Is there a way i can find out what has been the cut off on the CRS scores for NOC 0112 - Hr Manager Profile.

CMA

Jan 11, 2019
Even I wanted to know about NOC 1121 and it's crs. Has anyone got nominated in this noc recently and with what crs score?

Zozi

Jun 14, 2019
HI All,

I´m new to this forum and I was trying to obtain some guidance with Express Entry NOC process. I have worked as an HR Professional and Recruiter for more than 9 years, but infortunately I have a BA in English Language & Literature and an MA degree in Tourism Management (Marketing).
So now that I wanna chose NOC 1221 or 1223, I feel that I`ll be rejected by the immigration officers as my degree doesn`t match my experience. Would you please help me how can I overcome the

kar_21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Hello All.,
My job title isHR Assistant/Data Entry ?
And my job responsibilites fall in all the 3 NOC categories ..

Which category should I consider to apply for express entry ?

Sangee2205

Dec 22, 2023
Hi, I have Masters in HR (ECA completed). About to take CELPIP soon. I am currently working in a health care recruitment agency as HR Coordinator. I need to know my chances and NOC option for a quick EE possibilities.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I have Masters in HR (ECA completed). About to take CELPIP soon. I am currently working in a health care recruitment agency as HR Coordinator. I need to know my chances and NOC option for a quick EE possibilities.
Thank you
What is your CRS score (estimate)? Your NOC is in HR.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you
Research current CRS scores and see for yourself.

>quick EE possibilities.
They don't exist anymore.

Reactions: Naturgrl