+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry File Number & UCI requirement

ahmed78

Mar 25, 2018
I applied for Express Entry some time ago through a consultant, but didn't receive an ITA. I do have an EE Entry File Number for the respective application but without a Unique Client Identifier (UCI). Now I am re-applying for EE at my own. The application is asking if I applied for EE before, and if so, to enter-in the EE N. and the UCI.
My question is that since I didn't receive an ITA at that time, do I need to enter-in the respective EE No. I have read on these forums that an EE No. is needed only after receiving an ITA. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Further what about the UCI since I didn't get any? Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for Express Entry some time ago through a consultant, but didn't receive an ITA. I do have an EE Entry File Number for the respective application but without a Unique Client Identifier (UCI). Now I am re-applying for EE at my own. The application is asking if I applied for EE before, and if so, to enter-in the EE N. and the UCI.
My question is that since I didn't receive an ITA at that time, do I need to enter-in the respective EE No. I have read on these forums that an EE No. is needed only after receiving an ITA. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Further what about the UCI since I didn't get any? Thanks.
Creating a profile does not constitute applying for EE. Answer "no" to such question.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero, thanks for the prompt reply. What about the UCI. I am sure I can simply say 'no' to this as well.
Thanks again.
I do not know whether you've applied for a study/visitor/work permit in the past or not.