+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry / Fiance, inclusion.

UniToxic

Feb 17, 2017
Good evening folks!

So I have a little bit of a question, my fiance and I have both applied for the IEC working visa, she received her invitation to apply last month, where as I am still waiting for mine. Though with less than 800 slots remaining, I am not feeling optimistic currently.

Therefore, we are currently looking at other avenues I can use to get myself over there. We understand I could join her on a open work visa if she got herself a skilled job (NOC 0, A, B), however, based on the job she currently does in England (NOC C), we assume this route may not be applicable to us.

Finally I looked at the Express Entry route, and this is where it gets interesting! This is where I am looking for some advice, especially from those of you that may have done something similar!

So using the CRS Tool;
Solo application: 441 points (Assuming current age + top bracket ILETS)
Joint application: 434 points (Assuming current age + top bracket ILETS + her education)
Joint app (+2years): 472 points (Assuming +2 years older + top bracket ILETS + 1 year skilled experience)

As a lot are aware the point trend for the EE ITA's is going down, however, I can't see it dropping as low as 434 any time soon if at all. So I was wondering if there is any advice, recommendations or cautions against myself making a solo application (because technically she won't be accompanying me to Canada, she would be going through her own IEC invite), being there a year until I've got my year of skilled work experience (and an updated point count of 472), then updating my status to include her as my dependent granting her a work permit for after her IEC expires.

I'm not sure how updating my profile would work if I've already been invited, how I would add a dependent, or if trying to dance around the system like this would have any negative effects. But that's why I'm asking for advice and opinions!

Thank you again for your time in reading this!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if you receive an ITA with your solo application once you add her as accompanying spouse your points will get recalculated and your application will be rejected if you fall below the cutoff score of the draw for which you were invited.

So what you'd like to do won't work out.

UniToxic

Feb 17, 2017
That's a shame I didn't know if it was possible to get my ITA on a solo application (declare her, but say she wasn't coming with me, as she'll be over with her own IEC visa). Then after 12 months of me working in a skilled job, make another application to make her my dependent granting her a work permit for when her IEC ends.

Guess I'll make my EE application and start collecting all the paperwork in the hope it drops to 434.