+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry - Experience vs Qualification mismatch

Atomblackhole

Mar 12, 2015
My job profile matches mostly with the NOC 2175 Web designers and developers. I have 10+ years of experience in the feild. However, qualification that is prescribed along with the NOC 2175 is "A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, communications or business or Completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design or business is required. Experience as a computer programmer or graphic designer is usually required". But my qualifications are different. I have a bachelors & masters in economics and i am with large organisation taking care of their user experience/web design requirements. My designation is User Experience Designer.

So job description and my job duties match. But i dont have NOC 2175's prescribed qualifications. I have bachelors and masters in a different subject. Also my designation is user experience designer but the titles that comes with NOC 2175 do not include User experience Designer.

I am married and have a 3 year old child. I have a 7 in IELTS.

Will this be mismatches a problem for express entry ? Do you see i have a chance of being invited to apply for Express entry ?