+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry-enquiry on country of citizenship

MYM94

Dec 23, 2019
Hi all,

I am currently applying to the express entry program as a skilled worker but I need to verify one point before submitting my application. I am considered a Palestinian refugee holding a Lebanese travel document so I am not sure what should I enter as my country of citizenship. The available option for Palestinians is "Palestinian Authority" but, my travel document is issued by Lebanon not by the Palestinian Authority. Moreover, I don't think "Stateless" applies to my case.

Hope someone can advise me on this matter.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I am currently applying to the express entry program as a skilled worker but I need to verify one point before submitting my application. I am considered a Palestinian refugee holding a Lebanese travel document so I am not sure what should I enter as my country of citizenship. The available option for Palestinians is "Palestinian Authority" but, my travel document is issued by Lebanon not by the Palestinian Authority. Moreover, I don't think "Stateless" applies to my case.

Hope someone can advise me on this matter.

Thank you
It would be the Palestinian option. For example, Canada issues travel documents to refugees who can't use their home country passports but their citizenship remains the same.

Reactions: MYM94