+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry employment requirements

Abdelkader95

May 25, 2018
Hey guys, I need to get some advice regarding my Express entry application. I have a diploma in mechanical engineering from a Canadian college. I worked as a Cleaning Supervisor( NOC B) for a year after that. Is there going to be any problems about being qualified to be a supervisor without related education or previous experience?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
From the employment requirements for that particular job you can find:
  • Previous experience in a particular area of cleaning is usually required.
It is not a reason to disqualify you however I suspect you may be asked further information about your employment history and in that case you can include whatever experience you had before related to cleaning even if it was outside the scope of a full time job to assist with your application.

Abdelkader95

May 25, 2018
Thanks for you answer.
I don’t actually have a significant experience related to cleaning. I worked part time as a line cook while studying. I was trained as a cleaning supervisor without having much cleaning background. Is this a reason to reject my application?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
No it is not a reason to reject your application just a factor in verifying your employment background. If you really did the job mentioned there is nothing to worry about.

Abdelkader95

May 25, 2018
No it is not a reason to reject your application just a factor in verifying your employment background. If you really did the job mentioned there is nothing to worry about.
My employer indicated all duties required for that NOC on the experience letter. Position is on all pay slips as well. Is this enough proof to the VO?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
In my opinion it is enough. However it's hard to anticipate what the VO would do or ask for. The only way to find out is to apply.