App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Hello and thank you in advance for reading my questions.

I applied for an Express Entry profile a while ago. I was considered eligbile for the Canadian Experience Class.
I currently updated some work experience in my profile and then was considered ineligible.
I just deleted some work history outside of Canada as thought it would be complicated to get the necessary letter of recommendation.
I also entered a self-employment I had within Canada but that was legal and I am aware that this does not count as work experience.

How can this update cause me to loose eligbility when I still have that required 1 year work experience in Canada.
Do I need to have a certain amount of work experience outside of Canada to be eligible?
Or is this about the self-employment I entered?

I opened a new Express Entry profile with the original work experience and was considered eligible again.

If somebody knows why this happened I would greatly appreciate any information.

Thank you,
Julia

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
JuliaB. said:

I applied for an Express Entry profile a while ago. I was considered eligbile for the Canadian Experience Class.
I currently updated some work experience in my profile and then was considered ineligible.
I just deleted some work history outside of Canada as thought it would be complicated to get the necessary letter of recommendation.
I also entered a self-employment I had within Canada but that was legal and I am aware that this does not count as work experience.

How can this update cause me to loose eligbility when I still have that required 1 year work experience in Canada.
Do I need to have a certain amount of work experience outside of Canada to be eligible?

I opened a new Express Entry profile with the original work experience and was considered eligible again.

Thank you,
Julia
Is your NOC?

Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

Remove self-employment is it is not adding anything

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
JuliaB. said:

Thank you,
Julia
If you have 1 or more year experience in Canada under a skilled NOC, then no you do not need to have a certain amount of work experience outside of Canada to be eligible.

Please ensure that when you update your profile that the NOC you stated is your "Primary NOC" in your work experience section you have one or more year experience in that NOC.

Good luck!!!!!

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
I have a question regarding work experience as well. I have more than one year experience in noc B in canada which i included in my profile, on top of that i was working as a security guard for about 8 months so do i need to enter that work ???

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
'Malik87' you need to specify last 10 years of your history in EE application. Hence, I think you should be truthful while submitting EE.
Need not hide anything because you have already met the eligibility criteria and security guard experience is in addition to that.

JuliaB.

May 27, 2015
BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Thanks everyone for the reply.
It totally was the NOC code. I changed it from a B category to a C category for my major Canada experience without thinking about it.
I am glad to know now that I know what the mistake was so it doesn't happen again.
I was kind of terrified to do changes to my profile right now.
Thanks a lot