+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Education Dilemmas

Noah Adams

Nov 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

Undergoing the procedures for Express entry, there are a few concerns I had in mind.

I think a lot of other people in the process might have the same, so I hope it helps them as well :)

1. In my case, having a Masters Degree (Masters in IT) from USA and a Bachelors Degree (B.Tech) form India, I am confused about the Educational credential evaluation.

Doubt: Since the CIC website also mentions - you get 135 points for Masters. and 120 for Bachelors.
Assuming getting both evaluated doesn't get you 135+120. (That would be fun :D)

Conclusion: I assume, if I get the Masters credential accessed I will get 135. But is it necessary to get the Bachelors also accessed when you have a Masters ?

Also, not getting the bachelors evaluated and just the Masters credential evaluated me leaves at some risk ? --> Suggestions

2. The Financial requirements say a min of $12,300(CAD) are needed for a single person -

Assuming it can be a combination of different Banks/countries, what is an amount that is suggested to be safe to show for guaranteed non rejection based on financials.-- suggestions?

Also, will it be okay to show the money in an account where the first name is of the applicant and the second name is of applicant's parent? -- > Does it necessarily have to be in the name of just the applicant?

Any help/input form senior members or anyone who has gone through this would be greatly appreciated and remembered :)

Thanks in advance..