+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

Sylvesterwole

Mar 15, 2017
Hi guys, pls I need your help concerning my application because I feel it is taking too long to sort out. ( Fsw outland) I got provincial nomination on September 20 and I got invitation to apply on the second day. I submitted my permanent residence application on the 9th of November, 2016 and confirmation the same day. My medical changed to passed on the 12th of Nov. I was requested to provide additional information on the 22nd of November which I did and it was uploaded and acknowledged. Since then my application has remained the same. On March 17th, I used the web form to informed that I have a new baby and I attached the birth cert n photograph only because the passport was not issued then and I mentioned it in the enquiry. I didn't get a reply until after April 25th that I filled another webform but this time I attached the passport and the medical. This is the reply I got and I don't really understand.

Dear client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

Since your file is located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

Report important changes,
Provide documents,
Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
Enquire on an outcome of a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on the website

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

Please do not reply to this email.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I feel that my application is taking too long. Any advice on what to do because I'm nervous and agitated

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sylvesterwole said:
Hi guys, pls I need your help concerning my application because I feel it is taking too long to sort out. ( Fsw outland) I got provincial nomination on September 20 and I got invitation to apply on the second day. I submitted my permanent residence application on the 9th of November, 2016 and confirmation the same day. My medical changed to passed on the 12th of Nov. I was requested to provide additional information on the 22nd of November which I did and it was uploaded and acknowledged. Since then my application has remained the same. On March 17th, I used the web form to informed that I have a new baby and I attached the birth cert n photograph only because the passport was not issued then and I mentioned it in the enquiry. I didn't get a reply until after April 25th that I filled another webform but this time I attached the passport and the medical. This is the reply I got and I don't really understand.

Dear client,

We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

Since your file is located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

Provide documents,
You will find the complete list of visa offices on the website

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Change of address

· Help Centre

Sincerely,

I feel that my application is taking too long. Any advice on what to do because I'm nervous and agitated
I understand how you feel because Im in a similar situation like you, However I would advice to keep calm and request for your GMCS notes. Like they say on the Forum " No news is good news" Sofar your application hasn't been returned you are good

Sylvesterwole

Mar 15, 2017
Managerchap said:
I understand how you feel because Im in a similar situation like you, However I would advice to keep calm and request for your GMCS notes. Like they say on the Forum " No news is good news" Sofar your application hasn't been returned you are good
Thanks for your prompt and calming response. Pls how do I request for my GMCS notes?

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Additional Documents 01 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hi, Guys!

I would like to know about PR landing.

1) Should I land from the province I got Nomination (Nova scotia - PNP) or I can do landing from the province where currently I am living (Alberta)?

2) If, I do landing process from the city currently I am living that is Calgary, Can I ask the officer to send my PR card to my current address or Should I ask them to send directly to nova scotia address?

I am asking these questions because Since I am living in Alberta if all landing process would be done here that will give me some time for moving to Nova scotia until I get PR card.

Guys, i need your suggestion. I am waiting for your quick response.Thanks in advance.

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aliz14 said:
Hi, Guys!

I would like to know about PR landing.

1) Should I land from the province I got Nomination (Nova scotia - PNP) or I can do landing from the province where currently I am living (Alberta)?

2) If, I do landing process from the city currently I am living that is Calgary, Can I ask the officer to send my PR card to my current address or Should I ask them to send directly to nova scotia address?

I am asking these questions because Since I am living in Alberta if all landing process would be done here that will give me some time for moving to Nova scotia until I get PR card.

Guys, i need your suggestion. I am waiting for your quick response.Thanks in advance.
Land in the province that Nominated you

hi10101

Nov 2, 2016
Hi Guys,
I have got my stamped passports back. I need to do the final step, landing.
However I am not sure should I cross over to USA since I have a US Visitor visa or should I get a refusal slip from US authorities and return?

I would prefer refusal slip IF it doesn't get recorded in my US history. Please let me know if the refusal does get recorded?

Alternatively, I can take appointment in Toronto Office as well.

Please suggest.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
hi10101 said:
Hi Guys,
I have got my stamped passports back. I need to do the final step, landing.
However I am not sure should I cross over to USA since I have a US Visitor visa or should I get a refusal slip from US authorities and return?

I would prefer refusal slip IF it doesn't get recorded in my US history. Please let me know if the refusal does get recorded?

Alternatively, I can take appointment in Toronto Office as well.

Please suggest.
You can cross the border for couple of hours if you are doing it from rainbow bridge as you can say that You wanna see Niagara from other side. :)

hi10101

Nov 2, 2016
RiZ92 said:
You can cross the border for couple of hours if you are doing it from rainbow bridge as you can say that You wanna see Niagara from other side. :)
I could do that but my wife doesn't have US visa. So could we both do landing separately? I am the primary on the application.

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Any idea how many of people who get PR, get a job before landing in Canada? If someone does not get a job, do they usually take a long leave from current job and set to explore or they quit and set sail? I am awaiting my e-APR's decision. Are you aware of job agencies that help PR holders in getting interviews remotely from their current locations? Random thoughts crossing minds so thought to check with you all guys.

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
hi10101 said:
I could do that but my wife doesn't have US visa. So could we both do landing separately? I am the primary on the application.
You can do your landing in an IRCC office. They would give you an appointment that you need to show up for. It's a very quick process, I got my appointment within a week and did my landing at the Etobicoke office.

hi10101

Nov 2, 2016
s2l said:
You can do your landing in an IRCC office. They would give you an appointment that you need to show up for. It's a very quick process, I got my appointment within a week and did my landing at the Etobicoke office.
I called IRCC for appointment. They said they will place a request and contact me in two weeks with a possible interview date.

I think I will cross the border and do the landing. Thanks!!!

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
hi10101 said:
I called IRCC for appointment. They said they will place a request and contact me in two weeks with a possible interview date.

I think I will cross the border and do the landing. Thanks!!!
If you have a Work Permit, make sure that they return it to you, because you'll need it for pension etc. I found this out at IRCC, and usually at the border they do not give you this information. Congrats :)

Sylvesterwole

Mar 15, 2017
Hi Guys, pls I need your urgent help concerning my application because I feel it is taking too long to sort out. ( Fsw outland) I got provincial nomination on September 20 and I got invitation to apply on the second day. I submitted my permanent residence application on the 9th of November, 2016 and confirmation the same day. My medical changed to passed on the 12th of Nov. I was requested to provide additional information on the 22nd of November which I did and it was uploaded and acknowledged. Since then my application has remained the same. On March 17th, I used the web form to informed that I have a new baby and I attached the birth cert n photograph only because the passport was not issued then and I mentioned it in the enquiry. I didn't get a reply until after April 25th that I filled another webform but this time I attached the passport and the medical. This is the reply I got and I don't really understand.

Dear client,

Provide documents,
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

· Change of address

· Help Centre

Sincerely,

hi10101

Nov 2, 2016
s2l said:
If you have a Work Permit, make sure that they return it to you, because you'll need it for pension etc. I found this out at IRCC, and usually at the border they do not give you this information. Congrats :)
Thanks, I will keep it in my mind.

Also, I received email after my phone conversation regarding documents to carry for landing (border). Sharing it here just in case someone is looking for it..

To accomplish this final step in your immigration process, you will have to:
• Leave and re-enter Canada,
o this can be done by entering the U.S.* at a land border, by ferry or by flying out to any other country and back into Canada,
• Inform the officer you need to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence,
• Show the following documents:
o passport, travel or identity document (including secure visa counterfoil, if applicable),
o Confirmation of Permanent Residence and instructions issued by the visa office,
o proof of legal status in Canada, such as:
 valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit or visitor record, or
 proof of implied status, such as:
 payment receipt,
 copy or printout of paper or online extension application,
 proof of mailing or online submission,
 etc.,
o (if applicable) all temporary resident documents in your possession, whether valid or not, and
o (if applicable) CSQ (if you are settling in Québec).
To find the port of entry closest to you that offers the full range of immigration services, you can visit the Canada Border Service Agency website.