+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hi Krout,

I think the main duties performed should match with those listed with the NOC. The name of the position can vary. Different companies have different titles for the same job description.
Thanks for your input AnshulAwasthi. I completely agree with you. I'm just a little bit anxious whether some job title usually associated with one NOC while actual declared NOC is with different job descriptions, would throw off the IRCC officer conducting the NOC eligibility check.

SSSahaj

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10 Nov, 2016
Hi Guys

Looking at the previous trends for PNP-I (August, September, October) I believe below quoted post by Matt-NL is true.

My second BG Check has been in progress since 25 January (almost 1 month!).
The theory about shortly after second background check in progress you would get PPR does not apply for inland PNPs.
Another observation of mine is that there are some cases which had been processed within 4 months (I'm talking about Inlander PPRs), on the other hand there are also cases that had been processed in 6 months. My point is that there are no patterns. CIC was and is unpredictable.
One thing is sure, CEC inlanders are much faster than PNP inlanders. It is hard to comprehend this because they have almost the same profile. Why security check takes a longer time for PNP inlanders is a big mystery!
Another interesting observation of mine is that PNP PPRs come as a 'rain' just like other categories' PPRs which seems to justify the theory that several cases are processed together (not as single case). I think security investigation is processed to groups rather than single cases separately.
I appreciate any comments regarding my theories based on my personal humble observations.
Conclusion:
Trying to understand CIC's working style or to find out some patterns is only guy for killing time - although it does absolutely not guarantee to prevent you guys from flipping out! Wink

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
It means that your A11.2 checks are successful and your eligibility is done.

Security checks take the longest time. That's why the delay.
Apologies if this has been answered before... We get PCCs to show criminal history (or lack thereof). What additional security checks do they do? Whom would they contact to get this info? What information would these give that the PCCs don't?

jwahba

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone maintaining the google doc sheet of November ?

Sarah87

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jwahba said:
Is there anyone maintaining the google doc sheet of November ?
Hi jwahba, here it is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LLBoilEljDN4XisqW8h0WRNFfx9Tr_HJ7G9JpXjfJAc/edit#gid=0

Sarah87

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jammin24 said:
Apologies if this has been answered before... We get PCCs to show criminal history (or lack thereof). What additional security checks do they do? Whom would they contact to get this info? What information would these give that the PCCs don't?
Share this post about background check ( from confidant http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-check-by-visa-office-t225269.0.html)

There are total 9 factors that can cause an applicant inadmissible to Canada during background check.

1. Criminality
2. Organized Criminality (Org Crime in GCMS Note)
3. Security
4. Human and International Rights Violation (HIRV in GCMS Note)
5. Health
6. Financial Reasons
7. Misrepresentation
8. Non-compliance with Act
9. Inadmissible Family Members

Here I explained only about the misrepresentation related background checks which is one of the major background verification faced by many FSWP applicants. I am using the word “Verification” here to relate the Background Check. CHC do verification not only for skeptical applications but also to the randomly selected applications.

Misrepresentation

An officer who suspects that an applicant may be inadmissible for misrepresentation should carefully document the reasons for the concern in their notes. The officer then forward doubtful cases to Economic Class Unit where it undergo different verification processes as mentioned below to find out fraudulent documents. Misrepresented cases are rejected under IRPA Section A40 Act. The reason behind the delay of processing of some applications can be directly attached with the involvement of Economic Class Unit.

Type of Verifications

A. Site Visit (Physical Verification)
B. Telephonic
C. Interviews
D. Supporting Documents Request

A. Site Visit (Physical Verification)

Site visit is found to be one of the important means to tackle frauds. Visa offices do site visit for the current employer and previous employers (In case of claiming points based on skill O, A or B) of the primary applicant. The visa officer verify applicant's identity from the person who issued the referral letter, HR Manager, Colleagues, Receptionist and why not even from the security person. Last year FSWP seen visits in Punjab, Gujarat, Delhi, Karnataka, Andrapradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala etc.

B. Telephonic

1. Employer

The visa officer can ring to the number given in the reference letter. It can be to the reception or to the person who issued you the reference letter. Officer will ask primary applicant's employment related queries to employer. The visa officer may treat application as misrepresentation if they find any mismatch between the answers given by the employer in comparison to that given in the reference letter.

2. Primary Applicant

Visa officer can call directly to your mobile or land line number to verify your employment, family relation etc. Most of the questions here similar to that in the interview.

C. Interview

The visa officer can call the applicant for interview if he/she is not satisfied with the documents submitted to CIO or not satisfied with site visit/telephonic interview. The officer uses interview to raise all the concerns relating to employment, family etc. Usually the visa officer disclose the applicant about his/her interview result just after the interview. In case of positive outcome the applicant can get Medical/PPR in few days time.

The visa officer contact the person in writing about the supporting or additional documents the officer required for further processing of the application. VO will give at least 30 days from the time of receipt of the officer's notice to respond. Commonly asked supporting documents are 6 months bank statement showing the PoF, relationship proof (marriage photos), employment related documents (3 months salary slip, offer letter, appointment letter, tax related docs, renewed referral letter) etc.

Few Examples from Last Year Applicants

A. Site Visit

Example 1 (Random Verification)

I have an very important info to be shared to all of the members. We are from Chennai. Members from NDVO came to my husband's office (who is the main applicant) for personal visit and had spoke to his boss who was the reference person and also one on one with my husband for about half an hour. 2 were foreigner guys and 1 indian girl. They came around 8:30 pm last night. They just walked inside the office. They wanted security and front office to identify my husband whether he was working over there and then asked for his boss. When they introduced themselves to his boss and the reason for their visit they had mentioned that it was just a part of the process and this time they have chosen 30 members and out of which my husband is one among them.
In fact this was also very shocking for us. They introduced themselves with their names and they had all our immigration related file details like the cat we applied, ref person name and number and also the consultancy details. our consultant is an ICCRC-CRCIC members based out in vancouver and they have branches in India.

Just keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best...Rest left to God!!!

Example 2 (Targeted Verification)

I am in a very tricky situation got medical request ppr and rprf on .......
as my bad luck stuck me in a situation where I got a background check yesterday that went terribly wrong as i was on leave for 2- 3 months new staff and messed up all guys help CHC people left with the impression that I presented wrong employment information guys please help this is the only hope I dont know now whether to submit medicals and pp.
i am too numb to do anything i was thinking to leave this job for sometime and my employer knew it all there were some issues in the family as well so I totally overlooked and may be too ignorant once i received meds I was so relaxed it did not strike me that anything like this could happen my noc ....... and VO new delhi it seems to me that game over for me as they made to write my employer that she has done a favour by giving me the work experience letter they enquired like CBI OR FBI and literaally put words in my employers mouth and new assistant finished all for me GUYS.

B. Telephonic Verification

Example 3

My HR informed yesterday there was a call from someone 4-5 days back asking them to transfer the phone to me as they wanted to speak with me. Unfortunately I was out of office then so the HR informed them about the same. My HR had asked them repeatedly who they were and what their contact details were but they hadn't obliged and said they would call back again. Just, as a pre-cursor, they have called the receptionist, asked for me and she wasn't aware who i was, so she just transferred the call to the HR. No call again so far. Things looking bleak folks. Tensed!!! Really Tensed!!! Have my medicals tomorrow. This has to be from NDVO as nobody , not even my friends are aware of my plans.

C. Interview

Example 4 (Negative)

you are all very kind. here is a bit of history

I work in ............... in corporate planning and budget section. our daily activity is nothing crunching numbers and developing forecasts.

the VO was somewhat pre determined not to get me through, he did not ask for any documentation and when I highlighted he unwillingly took in my JD. the questioning started with bit of my history, I am a qualified CPA, ACMA, LFA and a masters in strategic management.

he asked me what I do, I explained a bit of my current role. my information was bit technical as well because it relates to oil and my previous role for automotive sector.

anyways at near end of the interview he said "we had a concern about your application as not in line with NOC ......... and I am not satisfied with your responses" I responded in asking which area can I explain further, he said " your answers are broad" I replied I am only answering your broad level question do you have any specific questions to ask for example you asked about capital management, do you want me to explain about individual perspective a corporate perspective or any product portfolio do you have in mind where I can be more specific. De had nothing to say.

he was typing everything I was saying, I asked him if you can read through what you have written !!! he had a good typing speed but when he started reading I felt the writing was very fragmented and not making any sense......I did make sense!!!!

well our interview last for more than one hour and 10 minutes!! I kept explaining and he kept writing...
at the very end may be because he did not want to give a bad feeling he said we will review and get back to you. at that moment he threw away my paper under his desk like rubbish. I said these are originals if he be kind enough to return and take photocopies instead...which he agreed !!!

so this is the unbiased version of the story. what I feel strongly is that we were not able to connect or may be I was too focused on explaining what I knew rather than what he wanted to listen....!!

I think the decision is final at his end, it was more or less the same case at the start of the interview ............. but this is all very confusing why did CIC accepted my application and why I was sent a confirmation letter. then all of a sudden an interview which was of the generic requirement as was sent o you all.....

I will request for a judicial review of the application and the scenario !!

let me know your thoughts !!

Example 5 (Positive)

Well, about my interview experience

It was just a pleasant discussion. the man appeared to be just awesome, we made good contact during the interview and that is very important, I kept smiling and cool and answer promptly. I was prepared to discuss many points which I prepared BUT i couldn't get the chance to speak about it, so, if you are doing the same mistake by trying to make list of points to talk about FORGET ABOUT IT. it was bad idea.
All what you need to do is:
1. Prepare the files by your self
2. Make two files, primary and supportive
3. KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR PAPERS
4. Bring anything you think that it would help
5. Stay cool and make personal contact and for sure always make an eye contact.
6. Put your hands on the top of each others on the table so that the man can see and judge your body language.
7. Bring samples of your work, it would help
8. The files with protected transparent plastic sheets is very good idea, arrange the documents in the order they requested in the interview letter

So, all my time went into JD discussion in general and paper check and questions to make sure that I am genuine applicant nothing more, although it went for around an hour because I have 4 employment experience.

As many said here, if you are the one who prepared the file and you are genuine in terms of you made the duties in your reference letters and for sure that JDs does match the NOC details then the interview will be such pleasant one.

Congrats to my colleagues who cleared it and best of wishes for the guys to clear it ISA soon.

Example 6

Hey guys I did my medicals on ........ and submitted my ppt,fees ,required documents n marrage pics on ........ consultant got call from embassy to send the marriage pics again which reached on .............since than no information and no decision made...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sarah87 said:
Share this post about background check ( from confidant http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-check-by-visa-office-t225269.0.html)
He did put some things together but some of it has been copy-pasted from an official IRCC document (I don't see any any references on his post, so posting it below).

www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf

Also, I don't think the below is correct.

3.I have my sister in Canada but I am self sufficient with my own points and don't want to claim points under adaptability. Can I hide the relative details from CIC and tick the column corresponding to No relatives at the time I fill the FSW form?
No, if you hide the details you are making direct misrepresentation to CIC. Claiming adaptability points is your wish but should not hide the fact from CIC.
If you are not claiming any points for relatives, there is no point in declaring and providing documents for them.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jammin24 said:
PCC's are to check criminality. Security checks are different - They have to assess that you are not a threat to Canada (You haven't been involved in/with Organized Crime/Human Rights Violations/Terrorist Organizations etc. qorax has beautifully explained this in a post. Read below -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html;msg267950#msg267950

Invicta

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Just out of curiosity...

After submitting passport photocopy and photos per PPR, if I see my application is still "Open", does that mean the visa office has not yet sent out my CoPR?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Invicta said:
Just out of curiosity...

After submitting passport photocopy and photos per PPR, if I see my application is still "Open", does that mean the visa office has not yet sent out my CoPR?
After you submit PP/PP copies to the VO and before they send the COPR, the application status will be changed to "Closed" and the Decision will be changed to "This application has been approved".

vencentdsouza

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Mumbai - India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
4112 / 6221
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIC 07-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
OINP - 29-11-2016
AOR Received.
CIC 08-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
DONE 05-11-2016 UPLOADED 09-11-2016 PASSED 17-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AWAITED
VISA ISSUED...
AWAITED
LANDED..........
AWAITED
rajkamalmohanram said:
Okay guys, I received my GCMS notes.

R10 passed on 19th November and A11.2 "Appears to meet requirements" on 29th November. Criminality and Medicals passed.

Eligibility says "Not started" in the assessments (page 2). Security says "Not Started" too.

Primary VO is NDVO as expected. File transferred on December 01. However, very strangely, the secondary VO is not CPC-Ottawa but Centralized Intake Office. :eek: .

Notes of the Program Assistant and the Case Analyst are from CIO (rather than CPC-O for quite a few applicants I have seen).

Do any of you outland applicants have secondary as CIO rather than CPC-O? Other than that, the rest of the notes "appears" okay to me.
I got my GCMS too. Mine is same as yours
Primary NDVO / Secondary CIO / Eligibility: NS Security: NS Criminality and Medical Passed.
R10 A11.2 Appears to meet requirements on Dec 02 2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vencentdsouza said:
I got my GCMS too. Mine is same as yours
Primary NDVO / Secondary CIO / Eligibility: NS Security: NS Criminality and Medical Passed.
R10 A11.2 Appears to meet requirements on Dec 02 2016
Nice. Good to know. We're in the same batch then.

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
PCC's are to check criminality. Security checks are different - They have to assess that you are not a threat to Canada (You haven't been involved in/with Organized Crime/Human Rights Violations/Terrorist Organizations etc. qorax has beautifully explained this in a post. Read below -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html;msg267950#msg267950
Thanks Raj. I don't understand many of the acronyms, (BFD? CHC? e-CAS? PSDEC?) but I get the gist of it. I've the double whammy of having lived in several countries and having SGVO as my local VO, and my background check is still at NS. I guess I should just settle down to wait, and resign myself to the likelihood that mine will take over 6 months. :(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jammin24 said:
Thanks Raj. I don't understand many of the acronyms, (BFD? CHC? e-CAS? PSDEC?) but I get the gist of it. I've the double whammy of having lived in several countries and having SGVO as my local VO, and my background check is still at NS. I guess I should just settle down to wait, and resign myself to the likelihood that mine will take over 6 months. :(
BFD is Bring Forward Date. ECAS is Electronic Client Application Status. PSDEC is Paper Screening DECision. CHC is Canada High Commission.

Some of these are obsolete since we have an online application now. I shared that link to get a general overview about the security check process.

Excerpt from the above post -->

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

CDEC = Criminality DECision. You will see this in the GCMS notes as "Criminality Decision Passed/<<Failed>>".
SDEC = Security DECision. You might not see any notes for this (the page mentioning this will be redacted (as applicable under the section S.15/S.19 or other applicable sections of the Privacy Act). However, if your notes are generated after the Security checks are complete, you will only see a status saying "Met" or "Complete" with a S.15(1) mentioned on the top right corner of the page.
SECCRIM = Security Criminal checks (I am not very sure what this is) - This is probably the same as "Criminality Decision".

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

AFAIK, all PR applicants are referred to CSIS - The intelligence agency for Canada.

https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.
While every VO has its own processing time, the average processing <<is said to be>> 6 months. Early November applicants are close to completing their 4 month mark now. Don't worry, we will all receive our Passport requests in the near future.

All the very best!

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
BFD is Bring Forward Date. ECAS is Electronic Client Application Status. PSDEC is Paper Screening DECision.

Some of these are obsolete since we have an online application now. I shared that link to get a general overview about the security check process.

Excerpt from the above post -->

While every VO has its own processing time, the average processing <<is said to be>> 6 months. Early November applicants are close to completing their 4 month mark now. Don't worry, we will all receive our Passport requests in the near future.

All the very best!
Thanks Raj. You too!