Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shariq123 said:
Dear Raj,

First of all many thanks for your reply.

So let me get some further clarity. Since 15th May 2017 is my and my spouse's medical expiry (and visa expiry date), if I let London Visa Office know before 15 May 2017 that I am intending to land AFTER getting child delivered in my home country, they will just cancel my current visa/COPR and once child is born ask for new documents such as additional proof of funds, new medicals for me, spouse and child etc and issue me new visa/COPR if everything's in order?

My confusion reigns from the fact that once your landing date (15 May 2017 in my case) expires without you having landed in Canada, you go back to square one whereby you'll need to create a new Express Entry Profile, wait for an ITA and all that stuff again. But Raj, you're saying that in my case I will not go back to square one despite my visa going lapse by virtue of not landing before that date. All I would need to do is inform them of my decision to land after my child is delivered and they will basically put my application on hold until baby is born and then will ask all three of us to redo the medicals.

I hope I'm making sense to you and sorry in advance for picking your brain.
Why you are trying to make the things complicated to you and your family. If you really want to migrate in Canada, why not now? I can suggest you to come now. If you want to come after your baby born, your baby needs to do all of the other formalities they have. And also that is not good for you. Your baby's status will be PR like you. But if your baby born here he/she will be Canadian citizen by born (even if you come just before 1 week). Your wife doesn't need any medical or others test during her travel. You can travel before 8 months without doctor's papers. Keep it in your mind, If you come to Ontario, you have to wait for 3 months to get Govt Medical benefit (OHIP), But different province has different policy. I am giving you those advise as I am here. Sorry for advice to you, if you don't like it.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
SNS76 said:
Why you are trying to make the things complicated to you and your family. If you really want to migrate in Canada, why not now? I can suggest you to come now. If you want to come after your baby born, your baby needs to do all of the other formalities they have. And also that is not good for you. Your baby's status will be PR like you. But if your baby born here he/she will be Canadian citizen by born (even if you come just before 1 week). Your wife doesn't need any medical or others test during her travel. You can travel before 8 months without doctor's papers. Keep it in your mind, If you come to Ontario, you have to wait for 3 months to get Govt Medical benefit (OHIP), But different province has different policy. I am giving you those advise as I am here. Sorry for advice to you, if you don't like it.
I'm not one to meddle in people's lives but I kind of agree with SNS76 here. It makes much more sense for your family to have the baby in Canada rather than having him in the UK and then leaving a few weeks later.

I realize that you'll want to be next to relatives in this special time, but going to Canada will not only save you a headache or two as far as the VISA is concerned, it will make a a Canadian Citizen by birthright.

Or would you rather have him a UK citizen by birthright? Assuming you guys have UK citizenship then that can be arranged later on... if not and you rather UK citizenship for the baby then I guess you're on the right path. However, bear in mind you will need new medicals and so will your baby... New medicals add uncertainty into the whole process and, although highly unlikely and god forbid, your PR can still be rejected.

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
SNS76 said:
I too agree with SNS76. Once the child is born then you have another dependent on your file and weather you like it or not you will have to deal with all the paper work for her/him. Till everything is sorted your PR will be on hold. One of my friends also had a similar situation where her wife was in India for her delivery and their PR was approved but till then their baby was born and they had to deal with it. Eventually they got everything sorted out but it took them another 5 months before they could land.

But having your baby born in Canada has its advantages too as he/she will be a citizen by birth. But you might have to bear all the expenses in the hospital since you wont be covered for the first 3 months.

So make an informed decision.

Good luck

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
AnshulAwasthi said:
...But you might have to bear all the expenses in the hospital since you wont be covered for the first 3 months.

Really? I though that only applied to temporary workers/visitors not permanent residents...

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Really? I though that only applied to temporary workers/visitors not permanent residents...
It depends on the province actually. Most have this 3 months period. But if I remember well, Alberta does not have this requirement.

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
It depends on the province actually. Most have this 3 months period. But if I remember well, Alberta does not have this requirement.
Saskatchewan also doesn't have any wait time. Need to check to others (I am from ON, don't have much idea about others)

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
SNS76 said:
Saskatchewan also doesn't have any wait time. Need to check to others (I am from ON, don't have much idea about others)
I too am from Ontario so does not know about other provinces. Also I am not sure if the wait time applies for PR too or not. Will try to find out and let you know

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi Guys,

Today i got an update in my application status. Additional documents required column changed from blank to No additional documents are required at this time.Also background check changed from not needed at this time to Not Started. But the medicals still says not needed at this time.

Does anyone have the same situation? I am CEC inland applicant. Is this normal?

rd160309

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017 and 17-01-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP req on 15-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-01-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
nikhil.bhatia said:
Hi Guys,

Today i got an update in my application status. Additional documents required column changed from blank to No additional documents are required at this time.Also background check changed from not needed at this time to Not Started. But the medicals still says not needed at this time.

Does anyone have the same situation? I am CEC inland applicant. Is this normal?
Hi
I was asked for additional document (CELPIP certificate for me and my wife). Rest of the things are same as yours. I am also CEC inland 24 Nov AOR. Probably our visa officer is same who does not like to reveal too much. Anyone else in the same situation?

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
rd160309 said:
Hi
I was asked for additional document (CELPIP certificate for me and my wife). Rest of the things are same as yours. I am also CEC inland 24 Nov AOR. Probably our visa officer is same who does not like to reveal too much. Anyone else in the same situation?
Hey rd160309, I just saw that you have NOC code 4011 too (like mine). Not too many people with this code. Where are you located and what do you do

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SNS76 said:
g126 said:
I'm not one to meddle in people's lives but I kind of agree with SNS76 here. It makes much more sense for your family to have the baby in Canada rather than having him in the UK and then leaving a few weeks later.

I realize that you'll want to be next to relatives in this special time, but going to Canada will not only save you a headache or two as far as the VISA is concerned, it will make a a Canadian Citizen by birthright.

Or would you rather have him a UK citizen by birthright? Assuming you guys have UK citizenship then that can be arranged later on... if not and you rather UK citizenship for the baby then I guess you're on the right path. However, bear in mind you will need new medicals and so will your baby... New medicals add uncertainty into the whole process and, although highly unlikely and god forbid, your PR can still be rejected.
AnshulAwasthi said:
I too agree with SNS76. Once the child is born then you have another dependent on your file and weather you like it or not you will have to deal with all the paper work for her/him. Till everything is sorted your PR will be on hold. One of my friends also had a similar situation where her wife was in India for her delivery and their PR was approved but till then their baby was born and they had to deal with it. Eventually they got everything sorted out but it took them another 5 months before they could land.

But having your baby born in Canada has its advantages too as he/she will be a citizen by birth. But you might have to bear all the expenses in the hospital since you wont be covered for the first 3 months.

So make an informed decision.

Good luck
I do agree with the suggestions above. I didn't say anything because I just assumed that you have decided not to land before that owing to your wife's pregnancy. Well, if it is possible, it is WAY better that you land before the expiry of your visa so that you can save a lot of paperwork (read:headache) for yourself and your family. However, if you have your reasons for landing after the baby is born, then that is fine too. All I'm just saying is weigh the benefits of landing before against landing after birth of the baby - if you are satisfied that the positives of landing before are convincing enough, then go for it.

If your child is born in Canada, s/he will be a Canadian and will be eligible for a Canadian PP. So, unless you want your child to retain the current country of citizenship, landing before the baby is born is the way to go!

vensak said:
SNS76 said:
g126 said:
Right. Ontario and Saskatchewan have a 3 month waiting period, BC has a waiting period of remainder of the month you land + 2 months. Nova Scotia, Alberta and PEI start covering your health from day 1 AFAIK.

However, please remember that costs arising out of pregnancy might have different rules. Please check the healthcare website of the province to check if the initial coverage includes costs owing to pregnancy.

roy_anup132

Jan 16, 2017
Hello please add me into thread as well as timeline.

Me (working in canada with PSWP) and my wife working in Bangladesh.
1. NB provincial nomination received Oct 05, 2016
2. ITA received Oct 12, 2016
3. Upfront Medical done Oct 21, 2016 from Bangladesh for both (I was travelling to Bangladesh)
4. Application submitted Nov 26, 2016.

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results:Not needed at this time

When my medical will be updated?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
roy_anup132 said:
Hello please add me into thread as well as timeline.

Me (working in canada with PSWP) and my wife working in Bangladesh.
1. NB provincial nomination received Oct 05, 2016
2. ITA received Oct 12, 2016
3. Upfront Medical done Oct 21, 2016 from Bangladesh for both (I was travelling to Bangladesh)
4. Application submitted Nov 26, 2016.

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results:Not needed at this time

When my medical will be updated?
Added you to the list.

It is taking unusually long for CEC applicants to see updates on their profile. Give it a few more days.

fdias

Jan 2, 2017
4011 here as well (CS). FSW-O, medicals done, BG NS.

AnshulAwasthi said:
Hey rd160309, I just saw that you have NOC code 4011 too (like mine). Not too many people with this code. Where are you located and what do you do