Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
hitesh0414 said:
congrats for your medicals.
Do not worry review of eligibility will remain in progress during most of your application processing.
So do we know what exactly is the next step after background check?

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
sodapop123 said:
Hi Raj,

My Status finally changed this morning of Dec 31st. Wasn't expecting the email on a weekend :)
This is the first update since my AOR. Below is the new status to update the tracker (changes in bold)

Thanks !

Application/Profile Status = Open
Review of Eligibility = Review In Progress
Review of Medical Results = Passed
Review of Submitted Docs = No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an Interview = Not Needed at this time
A Background Check is needed = Not Started
Final Decision = Not Started
Hi Raj,

For tracker updates : My background check has changed from not started to "not needed at this time".
Not sure what this means exactly (i just happened to login to check, didn't even get an email yet).

Guessing date of this change was sometime over past few days.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Surbhigurpreet said:
Till date i have not recieved any email... not even for medicals.... its been 2 months no update since then. I feel there is no pattern. Every officer has its own way of processing application... till the time days are passing and review is in progress... we should remain happy... no news is good news is the golden rules for Canadian immigration... there is no pattern at all
my dear friend- i have helped you out once before hence i think i call you my friend...there actually are patterns..no established ones obviously due to people applying from all all the world from different vos..but from the common vos-there is a pattern..read and analyse the threads..theres a lot of useful info here people actually miss out on...

trust me there are many people who have applied and not even half of those people have found this useful forum...and for some, companies sponsor them or they get lawyers, right? please understand everyones situation is different firstly and there are so many categories that CIC has to process and we call them 10 times a day...multiply that with 10000 ( im not saying that they are not doing their best but just that they are human)

word of advice-no one here will see any progress before the 100 day-120 day mark firstly...the RPRFS will start coming in then for those who havent paid around that time and then you will get to know the speed of all of you together..keep youe eyes and ears open my friend......but ultimately, it all comes down to the processing VO, their speed, their pressures, etc..as far as progress goes...its very very early for you guys to actually get worried about anything...hope this helps!

Best wishes!!

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
I think there is a pattern.
1. There must be a list of preferred NOCs. Most Likely Software Eng. and IT related occupations get processed at priority.
2. Certain nationalities are processed faster. (IMO native English speakers)
3. Each Visa office has some minimum target/month or tries to impress IRCC by very fast processing and finalizing of a very few lucky applicants.

But for Most of Us, It all depends on the assigned officer (his mode, speed, activeness, laziness, strictness or leniency ... these all traits are going to effect our fate).

mohammed.xyzt

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hello, everyone.
OK, I am totally fed up with the IRCC and lost all hope.
I applied and got the AOR on the 25th of August, 2015 (be careful, not 2016), more than 16 months ago!
I passed eligibility and the background check went in progress on December 24th, 2015 (again 2015, not 2016).
The CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) submitted its security screening results on the 19th of January, 2016 to the IRCC (almost a year ago), but I still haven't received a decision till now.
Why the hell is security taking more than a year now, when I have already in Canada for the past 4 years on a study permit for my PhD?! And they do renew the study permit every year without problem. So obviously, they don't think I am a security threat to Canada! And I lived in Canada for the past 4 without having any problems with the law, or with anyone actually!!!!!!
And the same in home country of Egypt, I didn't have any problems with the law or join any political parties, groups, or organizations!
I am totally fed up and thinking about complaining against the IRCC.
Any ideas to whom I can send my complaint or at least describe my situation?
I am thinking Minister of Immigration, MPs, the media, ...
And will complaining affect the decision in any way? Like they get mad and reject my application?
Any suggestions?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
hb_rashidy said:
I think there is a pattern.
1. There must be a list of preferred NOCs. Most Likely Software Eng. and IT related occupations get processed at priority.
2. Certain nationalities are processed faster. (IMO native English speakers)
3. Each Visa office has some minimum target/month or tries to impress IRCC by very fast processing and finalizing of a very few lucky applicants.

But for Most of Us, It all depends on the assigned officer (his mode, speed, activeness, laziness, strictness or leniency ... these all traits are going to effect our fate).
i dont agree with you on 1 2 and 3

every office has some KPIs...they work on a 80-20 ratio...hope you get my drift...doesnt depend on 1 2 and 3..and regarding 3...it also depends on the applicant... i wouldnt like to elaborate...im a nice guy :)

Tala_08

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamezmoran said:
It contributes to your rating below your avatar on the left. You press Good or Poor to rate someone.
I see. Great, thanks! Btw, congrats! I saw your timeline and you got your visa in just a span of less than 2 months! Wow!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, everyone.
I applied and got the AOR on the 25th of August, 2015 (be careful, not 2016), more than 16 months ago!
I passed eligibility and the background check went in progress on December 24th, 2015 (again 2015, not 2016).
The CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) submitted its security screening results on the 19th of January, 2016 to the IRCC (almost a year ago), but I still haven't received a decision till now.
Why the hell is security taking more than a year now, when I have already in Canada for the past 4 years on a study permit for my PhD?! And they do renew the study permit every year without problem. So obviously, they don't think I am a security threat to Canada! And I lived in Canada for the past 4 without having any problems with the law, or with anyone actually!!!!!!
And the same in home country of Egypt, I didn't have any problems with the law or join any political parties, groups, or organizations!
And will complaining affect the decision in any way? Like they get mad and reject my application?
Any suggestions?
its their country and their process..sorry brother...unfortunately its their right to let you in..not yours irrespective of the wait...dont mean to sound harsh but it what it is...

what will you get by getting rejected? nothing...

one of my forum friends had been waiting for around 18 months and got PPR...so there is light at the end of the tunnel...you can look him up on each and every corner of this forum..username sharma1990...he is a much senior member thane me who i had the pleasure of helping...

relax brother..just a test of time...happens...let it roll...in the end, once u endure, there shall be a smile on your face coz you would have walked thru fire- stronger, better, tested as a better human being..

Best wishes to my friend!!

Tala_08

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Updated. What is the status of your BG checks?
Review of Eligibility: Review in Progress
Background Check: In Progress

But I don't know the dates when they became "In Progress"

Anyway, thank you, Raj! You're doing a great job with the spreadsheet!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Tala_08 said:

What is your timeline ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Tala_08 said:

Usually for CEC applicants, the BG goes IP soon after the requested documentation is submitted. So, I assume that your BG went IP on 21 Dec.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rafzy said:
What is your timeline ?
Here -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-eapr-submitted-in-november-2016-t459415.0.html;msg5692009#msg5692009

It is also updated in the master list.

Tala_08

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, everyone.
Any suggestions?
Oh, I am sorry about this. I can really feel your frustration (I think that's what I'll feel too if this will happen to me). I wish I can tell you what to do with regard to late result but I am such a newbie, I don't know a lot about IRCC. Anyway, I think you just have to be more patient and try not to let your emotions get in the way so that you can think straight as to what you have to do next. I know it's easier said than done but nothing will come out good if you will let your anger and frustrations get in the way.

I am hoping for the best for you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
So do we know what exactly is the next step after background check?
BG check is a MAJOR phase - once the checks are done, you might receive your PPR. Refer the post below to get an idea (Its an old post but the crux is the same) -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html;msg267950#msg267950

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
lazybone said:
i dont agree with you on 1 2 and 3

every office has some KPIs...they work on a 80-20 ratio...hope you get my drift...doesnt depend on 1 2 and 3..and regarding 3...it also depends on the applicant... i wouldnt like to elaborate...im a nice guy :)
You are very senior and most respected member of the forum, So your opinion weighs a lot and and have much depth than mine.
But for my first point, somewhere on IRCC website, I ve read that Minister of immigration can make a list of priority NOCs. (will provide the link if i will be able to find it again)
And then you see that every month certain applications are approved just within 1 or 2 months. 1 Applicant from November has a long list of travels and multiple work history as well but was approved within 1 month. And they are number of examples like these.