App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
shah1989 said:
Hi,

I submitted my PR application under FSW on Dec 3 2016 and got AOR on Dec 4, 2016.

My marital status changed in Feb 2017 and updated CIC about the change via Case Specific Query in March. CIC responded last night and asked following additional documents. I have confusion with some of the requirements and have written it down in highlighted text. Would request seniors to please help and advise.

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms? one for me and one for my spouse. I feel it will be one form only because it contains details of both principal and spouse

This one is filled out by you only (the principal applicant). This link gives clear instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp

 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Again two separate forms?

My spouse and I provided two separate forms. The logic is that you have different families (brother, siste, Mom, Dad etc)

 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669

 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms? one for me and one for my spouse. [/color]

Two separate forms: on for you and one for your spouse.

 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union - I dont think this form is applicable to us as we got formally married recently as per our tradition and customs and did not have much contact before marriage

Did you submit a marriage certificate? Do you have one? If you don't, then you'll need to fill out this form.

6. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max) - Can provide all these thankfully
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement,
drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max) - Dont have any of these since we just got married and has not got these things changed yet

I have been requested to provide all documents and information within 7 days from date of communication.
Responses in blue below:

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - This one is filled out by you only (the principal applicant). This link gives clear instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp

 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - My spouse and I provided two separate forms. The logic is that you have different families (brother, sister, Mom, Dad etc)

 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP - Two separate forms: one for you and one for your spouse.

 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union - Did you submit a marriage certificate? Do you have one? If you don't, then you'll need to fill out this form.

Hope this helps!

mody2410

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
Check the page, that is just before that page with the S.16 note. What category is started on that page?
previous page has only fees payments details.. no category.. no nothing

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
nv0411 said:
11.2 assessment is a check of whether u qualify for immigration under the program you have applied for in terms of points.. Overall eligibility assessment is a sum of everything including medical criminality and security... i.e. You may qualify as per the CRS score.. But you may also be a drug lord.. So u r not eligible..
Thanks for explaining. So there are two separate eligibility checks. I've passed 11.2, R10, criminality and medicals but if this forms a part of overall eligibility then why is my eligibility assessment section blank and status not started? All that remains is presumably background check (also not started).

Is there anything assessed separately in eligibility assessment from the other checks (11.2/R10/criminality/medical and background)?

I understand that eligibility will report as completed at the end in myCIC, but in GCMS notes it shows the current status and is updated as and when changes are made to my file. e.g. it may be "under review" (by myCIC will not report this level of detail).

Basically I'm curious as to why my eligibility assessment is blank. As per what I've seen it should state that the file has been allocated for review with a due date.. or pending review of some info, which means that it's sitting in a queue. My file was not touched between Jan and March (GMCS notes dated March came in April) and nothing is pending.

aniket2789

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Pune , India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Passport Req..
17-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2017
LANDED..........
19-07-2017
johnjkjk said:
I've just got my GCMS notes dated March (AOR 8 Dec).

I have R10 "OK" and 11.2 and eligility "met" and criminality and medicals passed but for for some reason eligibility status was changed from "met" to not started a few days after it was met. Agent notes state satisfaction with work experience, education level etc but the eligibility assessment section is blank (0). No updates since Jan apart from file allocation in Feb.

Is there any difference between eligibility assessment and eligibility/11.2 review? Are there two different (stages) of eligibility review?
Same thing with me, aor 15 Dec, file transferred to NDVO 19th Jan. Last comments on GCMS (generated 9 March received 1st April) are for 14th Jan Eligibility met. But notes on 20th Jan Eligibility not started.
I think the initial eligibility is checked at Centralised Intake office and after allocation they check again. Hence it says not started again.
Anyways.... file has not been touched since 3 months... Hope it is processed fast.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hi members,

This question is mainly for those who received the golden PPR email ...
Was this notification issued by donotreply@cic.gc.ca ?

I am asking this question because I only received update/message from this CIC email ( donotreply@cic.gc.ca ) so I was wondering if the PPR email comes from this email donotreply@cic.gc.ca as well.

If not, could you pls advise what was the email from ?

Actually, the question is also because I have seen in this thread that the famous golden PPR email tends to go SPAM or promotion sections if our email registered with CIC is a Gmail account ...
And also I would like to know if it is possible to have received the PPR email (and potentially deleted it by mistake) and the CIC account remains eternally with the same status (e.g. in progress, we are reviewing your application etc ... etc ...) ?

What if we delete by mistake the PPR email ?

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
Re: pr bcpnp 2017 paper based

i have applied for pr and received a mail om march 1st stating your application for pr.and gave some file number EP....
is that the confirmation mail(AOR)

CAN AN BODY ANSWER

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
fun2band said:
Any PNP - Inland particularly between 1 - 15 dec AOR ,got their BG moved to IP?
or PNP - US applicants

AniketSen88

Apr 11, 2017
Hi All,

I received an AOR on 8th Dec 2016. Its already been 123 days post AOR. The status of my application says the following:

Application Status: We received you application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of Medical results: You have passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Till when do i expect to hear from them. I am guessing the next step is receiving a PPR. I am a little worried as its already been 123 days post AOR with no change in the above status with the exception of the Background to change from "Not Applicable" to the one mentioned above.

I have ready in this thread that many of you all have request for GCMS notes. Should i just wait and see for another 30 days and see what happens or should be raising a request for GCMS notes.

Any observations and suggestions would be of great help. Thank you all for you valuable insights in advance.

PS - Also want to know, how long after receiving a PPR will i have to land in Canada. I need to gauge this so as to resign from my current org here back in India and serve a notice of 3 months.

saikris12

Star Member
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
10-08-2017
AniketSen88 said:
Hi All,

I received an AOR on 8th Dec 2016. Its already been 123 days post AOR. The status of my application says the following:

Application Status: We received you application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of Medical results: You have passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Till when do i expect to hear from them. I am guessing the next step is receiving a PPR. I am a little worried as its already been 123 days post AOR with no change in the above status with the exception of the Background to change from "Not Applicable" to the one mentioned above.

I have ready in this thread that many of you all have request for GCMS notes. Should i just wait and see for another 30 days and see what happens or should be raising a request for GCMS notes.

Any observations and suggestions would be of great help. Thank you all for you valuable insights in advance.

PS - Also want to know, how long after receiving a PPR will i have to land in Canada. I need to gauge this so as to resign from my current org here back in India and serve a notice of 3 months.
Your PPR shoould be just around the corner if your BG is updated to In Progress. When did your background status change to In Progress? Are you FSW or PNP? You can wait a few more days for PPR or you can also order for GCMS if you wish to. You should land in Canada before your medicals expire - This will be exactly 1 year from the date you took the medicals.

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any PNP-O with AOR in Dec 2016, received and PPR or BG statis changed? Just that it is more than 3 months now post AOR and no progress, so being nervous.....

Piracha123

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Hi, I need help in understanding the status of my application.

I got AOR on Dec 01, 2016 and got my medicals passed on Dec 02, 2016. Since then there has been no update in my profile.

I emailed the LVO which is in London and got a reply on 15th March 2017 that:

"your application is undergoing necessary background checks. Please be advised that there are various checks that a file may need to undergo during the application process. We will contact you once the checks are complete."

After that there has been no status change and when we emailed them again and got this reply:

"We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

The file still awaits further review. We will be in touch in due course. Your patience is highly appreciated."

Does this mean that BG has been completed and the application is in final review stage?

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Piracha123 said:
Hi, I need help in understanding the status of my application.

I got AOR on Dec 01, 2016 and got my medicals passed on Dec 02, 2016. Since then there has been no update in my profile.

I emailed the LVO which is in London and got a reply on 15th March 2017 that:

"your application is undergoing necessary background checks. Please be advised that there are various checks that a file may need to undergo during the application process. We will contact you once the checks are complete."

After that there has been no status change and when we emailed them again and got this reply:

"We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

The file still awaits further review. We will be in touch in due course. Your patience is highly appreciated."

Does this mean that BG has been completed and the application is in final review stage?
You need to order GCMS notes to find out about the status of your BG. I am guessing you have already passed Criminality, R10 and A11.2.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
PNP-I Applicants who received AOR in the first half of November are receiving PPRs. Hopefully we start seeing PPRs for December PNP-I in around a month.