+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR submitted in December 2016

Cheema4012

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Canada
AnyCEC-Inlander with no updates after end of February??? It seems CPC-Ottawa isn't finalising December applications in recent days...Please share your situation..Thanks

saikris12

Star Member
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
10-08-2017
I have logged in to the forum after a brief gap and saw some very anxious posts regarding the wait for PPR.This reminded me of those days when we were waiting for the OINP nomination. We had to wait for more than 11 months to get nominated by OINP. They key take away from the process was patience. I kept telling myself that there is nothing more I can do than wait as I have done all it takes. But that wait was more gruesome as we were left in the dark completely. No emails, no updates nothing whatsoever. But once the nomination came in, it only took a moment to forget the pain. Then started another wait once we submitted the e-APR. I have been trying to tell myself the below things when I get anxious.

1. This is much better than the OINP wait. I am atleast able to login and check my application status every now and then.
2. I have been give a timeframe of 6 months and looking at the stats - more than 80% of applications are processed within that timeframe. I would take that as a positive and I hope that I fall into that 80% bracket.
3. I keep my expectations in check. Yes, people who have submitted around the same time as I did, may have received PPR. But I need to be realistic and hope - GCMS notes could be of huge help in this case.
4. Also the reason for delay may be as simple as the visa officer handling your file going on a vacation. So dont draw negative conclusions when there is long silence or no updates.
5. Stick to an expected date - Rather than hoping and checking mycic every hour, its better if you can stick to an expected date around the 6th month mark. If you get the PPR before that date - well and good. But it will help keep your anxiety in check.
6. Keep yourself busy - Easier said than done these days as emails and internet are just a click away. But I have been keeping myself busy by enrolling into different courses that could help me during the job search after landing.

All said and done, your circumstances can be different to mine. For many, this journey is the most crucial part of their lives. All of us have invested lot of time and money into the process and there is nothing wrong with expecting results. Try to maintain a positive outlook. I wish all of us receive the PPR and the day we do, I am sure none of us will remember this pain.

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
saikris12 said:
I have logged in to the forum after a brief gap and saw some very anxious posts regarding the wait for PPR.This reminded me of those days when we were waiting for the OINP nomination. We had to wait for more than 11 months to get nominated by OINP. They key take away from the process was patience. I kept telling myself that there is nothing more I can do than wait as I have done all it takes. But that wait was more gruesome as we were left in the dark completely. No emails, no updates nothing whatsoever. But once the nomination came in, it only took a moment to forget the pain. Then started another wait once we submitted the e-APR. I have been trying to tell myself the below things when I get anxious.

1. This is much better than the OINP wait. I am atleast able to login and check my application status every now and then.
2. I have been give a timeframe of 6 months and looking at the stats - more than 80% of applications are processed within that timeframe. I would take that as a positive and I hope that I fall into that 80% bracket.
3. I keep my expectations in check. Yes, people who have submitted around the same time as I did, may have received PPR. But I need to be realistic and hope - GCMS notes could be of huge help in this case.
4. Also the reason for delay may be as simple as the visa officer handling your file going on a vacation. So dont draw negative conclusions when there is long silence or no updates.
5. Stick to an expected date - Rather than hoping and checking mycic every hour, its better if you can stick to an expected date around the 6th month mark. If you get the PPR before that date - well and good. But it will help keep your anxiety in check.
6. Keep yourself busy - Easier said than done these days as emails and internet are just a click away. But I have been keeping myself busy by enrolling into different courses that could help me during the job search after landing.

All said and done, your circumstances can be different to mine. For many, this journey is the most crucial part of their lives. All of us have invested lot of time and money into the process and there is nothing wrong with expecting results. Try to maintain a positive outlook. I wish all of us receive the PPR and the day we do, I am sure none of us will remember this pain.
well said!!

sinp Kathmandu

Aug 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
7/12/ 2016 passed 19 /12 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 04 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 10 2017
LANDED..........
july 2017
saikris12 said:

+1 for this.we have similar time frame .so is LVO

Yamama

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheema4012 said:
AnyCEC-Inlander with no updates after end of February??? It seems CPC-Ottawa isn't finalising December applications in recent days...Please share your situation..Thanks
Hi Cheema,

Yes we are on a same boat. :'(

aniket2789

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Pune , India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Passport Req..
17-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2017
LANDED..........
19-07-2017
saikris12 said:
I think this is the best way to keep your mind off this process.. It really helps. join some new activity , Course etc. It will help you to be more patient.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hey guys,

Does anyone happen to know the e-mail to contact CIC to find out the status of one's application and whether it's been transferred to the local visa office, etc.?

I paid my RPRF on March 10th after which my BG status changed to Not Applicable and has stayed that way since. In light of the information that :

a) The PPR email tends to come as a direct e-mail and kinda looks like the sort of mail Gmail sends to spam (and I recently cleared my spam folder without looking :'()
b) That folks have received PPR without any sort of update or change in the myCIC (for example, someone got PPR while his BG status was still not applicable)

I just want to know that I haven't accidentally banished my golden e-mail to the bin by accident. Any experts here know how to rule out that hasn't happened?

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
siddharthbala said:
Hey guys,

Does anyone happen to know the e-mail to contact CIC to find out the status of one's application and whether it's been transferred to the local visa office, etc.?

I paid my RPRF on March 10th after which my BG status changed to Not Applicable and has stayed that way since. In light of the information that :

a) The PPR email tends to come as a direct e-mail and kinda looks like the sort of mail Gmail sends to spam (and I recently cleared my spam folder without looking :'()
b) That folks have received PPR without any sort of update or change in the myCIC (for example, someone got PPR while his BG status was still not applicable)

I just want to know that I haven't accidentally banished my golden e-mail to the bin by accident. Any experts here know how to rule out that hasn't happened?
For me after PPR, the BG went from not applicable to "we are processing your BG check". But this may not be 100% accurate way of ascertaining if PPR was issued.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
viveks said:
For me after PPR, the BG went from not applicable to "we are processing your BG check". But this may not be 100% accurate way of ascertaining if PPR was issued.
Yeah, the inconsistency is what worries me as well, because it would suck to come this far and then miss out on such a technicality. One of the reasons I wanted to contact the CIC was just to rule this possibility out and also understand where my application is being processed, too because my RPRF request seemed to come from Ottawa.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saikris12 said:

nicely said, +1

actually you know the wait here is worse than OINP in one way - theres just so many more anxious people here... and as you know anxiety spreads as fast as flu :)

personally i'm just concentrating on my work currently... check status twice a week, 3 months after AOR planning to order GCMS notes... thats about it :)

The Phenom

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
after 70 days getting Medical Passed, BG Check status still shows "Not Applicable". Anyone else facing same situation? AOR date is 23 DEC. My file is being processed at CPC Ottawa.

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
The Phenom said:
after 70 days getting Medical Passed, BG Check status still shows "Not Applicable". Anyone else facing same situation? AOR date is 23 DEC. My file is being processed at CPC Ottawa.
Sid in messages above is in the same boat. Only exception is that he was asked to pay his RPRF fees. Your PPR is quite near. Hang in there. All the best.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
The Phenom said:
4 months since AOR...and counting...

pmariappan2016

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
The Phenom said:
We are sailing on the same boat.Mine is 23rd dec.Same as you

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hello everybody! Application approved!

Today I received an e-mail from Vienna VO informing me that my documents are ready for pick-up and when I checked my account it showed the following “Your application has been approved”.

I’ve written it before, but I’ll write it again: A big THANK YOU to all, especially seniors like rajkamalmohanram, who contribute to this forum and share their experiences and wisdom, and give actually reliable and helpful advice which I can attest from my own experience!

Cheers!!!