+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR submitted in December 2016

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
musicnlyrx said:
I am eager to change my status to PPR, and I wish I could also post "I still can't believe this" message sooner.
Happy that December guys are getting PPR.
congrats mate, i know its been a friggin LONG journey for you :)

enjoy the moment. cheers

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
musicnlyrx said:
I am eager to change my status to PPR, and I wish I could also post "I still can't believe this" message sooner.
Happy that December guys are getting PPR.
Your PPR is on the way. :D

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
nv0411 said:
Has anyone else received their PPR through email rather than a cic account message? If so, has the VFS raised any question at the time of passport submission?
Hi. I submitted my passport to VFS today morning. No issues at all. Go ahead. All the best.

jimmysong

Feb 23, 2017
oldenuf said:
Is your BG in progress ? or is it like - " Your application is in progress, Next step is to conduct a background check "
its"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" actually

jimmysong

Feb 23, 2017
PonJoub said:
Hi jimmysong,
I had to submit Singapore PCC. I received CIC's doc request on January 06th and managed to get and submit the Singapore PCC on February 02nd.
So far, still no update from CIC except these comments in my CIC status :
"Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."
"Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

hope this could help you

good luck in your PR application
thanks for the help, i did the E-appeal for criminal record today, so how many days they will send me the acknowledge slip?? did you do the same things? and Singapore requires a fingerprint, can i send that hardcopy of Canada criminal record(with fingerprint on it)to them??? thanks for your help, friend

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi All

I received my passport request on 9th March'17 but my application status on CIC account still states that my application is "In-Progress". This is a bit confusing for me, has anyone else witnessed this variation on this thread?

Thanks
Vidhu

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vidhu88 said:
Hi All

I received my passport request on 9th March'17 but my application status on CIC account still states that my application is "In-Progress". This is a bit confusing for me, has anyone else witnessed this variation on this thread?

Thanks
Vidhu
This is the norm. The status on myCIC will change once the PP is stamped with the Visa. Good luck!

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
jimmysong said:
thanks for the help, i did the E-appeal for criminal record today, so how many days they will send me the acknowledge slip?? did you do the same things? and Singapore requires a fingerprint, can i send that hardcopy of Canada criminal record(with fingerprint on it)to them??? thanks for your help, friend
the e-appeal decision comes (if it is accepted or rejected) about 3-5 business days after your submission. then once it is accepted, you can do the official COC online application and send the full application by courier/post mail with all the necessary docs (including the fingerprints)
for my fingerprints, I went to the Singapore embassy (in France coz I currently live in France) to do them because only them were willing to do the fingerprints and also I did the fingerprints on a specific form that Singapore embassy provided. im not sure whether we can do the fingerprints on any miscellaneous form but I suggest that you get the specific Singaporian form for that (to avoid any bad surprise and potential rejection by SPF and thus waste more time ...) or at least to contact SPF to clarify this matter (but be careful, sometimes SPF's replies are very slow ... they even replied to me more than 1 month after my information request ...)
and if your are not in Singapore anymore, the best is to ask a relative or friend to collect it on your behalf because otherwise SPF will send the PCC/COC by normal post mail and it can take even more time to reach you (fyi, u just need to upload in the CIC website a scan copy of your COC. the originals could still be in Singapore but you have already uploaded the necessary document on the CIC website ;) )
for that, u just need to thick the box "proxy" and give the full name and ID details (passport number etc ...) when applying for your COC once the e-appeal is approved but you will need to provide a letter of authorization to your relative or friend (for him/her to collect on your behalf)

fyi, i do no longer live in Singapore so I asked a friend still living there => i sent her all the necessary documents (including the requested docs by SPF + fingerprints + the letter of authorization to collect on my behalf) by DHL then my friend post mailed the necessary docs to SPF and then once the COC was ready, she just needed to bring along her ID (passport or whatever ID you mentioned in your application) and the letter of authorization to collect it. and finally she sent me by scan email and I straight away uploaded it in my CIC account ;)

in total, the process took me about 3-4 weeks but from the time SPF received my docs by post mail and the time that my COC was ready, there was approx. 1 week (but not sure if this could be considered as a standard timeline ...)

i hope these details will help you in your application.

good luck

iyingc

Mar 7, 2017
Hi Guys,

My background check just went from "NOT APPLICABLE" to " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".
Should I be concerned?
Below is the status of my application

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We have uploaded all the additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Received AOR on December 14, 2016 (ON PNP Nominee Stream)
Medicals passed on January 14, 2017
Additional documents requested 3 times between January and February: Marriage Certificate, English Test, Schedule A, Schedule 4, Family Document (Birth Certificate)
Background Check: In progress since March 14, 2017

How long does background check usually take?
Should I be concerned?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you guys, you are amazing supporters!

PavS

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iyingc said:
Hi Guys,

My background check just went from "NOT APPLICABLE" to " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".
Should I be concerned?
Below is the status of my application

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We have uploaded all the additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Received AOR on December 14, 2016 (ON PNP Nominee Stream)
Medicals passed on January 14, 2017
Additional documents requested 3 times between January and February: Marriage Certificate, English Test, Schedule A, Schedule 4, Family Document (Birth Certificate)
Background Check: In progress since March 14, 2017

How long does background check usually take?
Should I be concerned?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you guys, you are amazing supporters!
iyingc ,

You will be receiving your PPR soon.

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
As promised - latest PPR list from the tracker. Some analysis on this:

Total PPR as on 14 Mar 2017: 49

FSW (O) 19
FSW (I) 3

PNP (O) 13
PNP (I) 0

CEC 14

Visa Office

New Delhi 10
Ottawa 11

Earliest PPR: 26 Jan 2017
Most Recent PPR: 14 Mar 2017 (Today)

Most PPRs in a single day: 08 March 2017 (10 PPR)

+1 if you like this. Feedback on more analysis points are welcome.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016