N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hi all,

This has probably been asked ad nauseam, but I need to know for my peace of mind.

While I have been waiting for my PR application to reach its conclusion, I've recently gotten a very good job offer. I'm tempted to accept it (the only reason I've been fending them off is because I was hoping to have my visa in hand and absolutely certain that all the checks that the CIC do have been completed), but I'm unsure if this has any impact on the application that I've submitted. My questions are:

a) Do I need to inform the CIC about this at all and will it cause a delay?
b) Will it cause any issues for background verification (You know, because my documents from my current company still say I'm working with them at present)? I'm particularly concerned because there's been a change of guard on the management level, so I anticipate that my departure may be....less than present.

For what it's worth, the timeline would be that if I get an offer and with my notice period, it might be a good month or so, so most likely to be around Early week of April or second week of April that I'd be starting my new job.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddharthbala said:
Hi all,

This has probably been asked ad nauseam, but I need to know for my peace of mind.

While I have been waiting for my PR application to reach its conclusion, I've recently gotten a very good job offer. I'm tempted to accept it (the only reason I've been fending them off is because I was hoping to have my visa in hand and absolutely certain that all the checks that the CIC do have been completed), but I'm unsure if this has any impact on the application that I've submitted. My questions are:

a) Do I need to inform the CIC about this at all and will it cause a delay?
b) Will it cause any issues for background verification (You know, because my documents from my current company still say I'm working with them at present)? I'm particularly concerned because there's been a change of guard on the management level, so I anticipate that my departure may be....less than present.

For what it's worth, the timeline would be that if I get an offer and with my notice period, it might be a good month or so, so most likely to be around Early week of April or second week of April that I'd be starting my new job.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
If the current job is not somehow connected with Canada (for example intercompany transfer), I see no problem there. The points that you will get is for your jobs until the day of your AOR, so when it comes to jobs after that, it does not really matter. What might matter is, if you have to move like to other country (or region), that can trigger request for additional PCC. But again nothing behind that. I hope this helps.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akmoolah said:
whats this mean brother. is this good news. i still havent paid RPRF. when can i expect that?
Background check moved from NS->NN, Meds passed couple days ago

This indicates there is progress on your file. Any time soon you will be requested to pay the RPRF. ;) ;)

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
I just received request for additional document from HKVO ;D It's a China specific document.

Good luck to us all!

Here is my time line.

FSW-Outland

12.30 AOR
01.13 MEP
01.15 BG: NN>NS
01.19 AD: Travel History
01.22 BG: NS>NN
02.09 AD: Hukou

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
vensak said:
If the current job is not somehow connected with Canada (for example intercompany transfer), I see no problem there. The points that you will get is for your jobs until the day of your AOR, so when it comes to jobs after that, it does not really matter. What might matter is, if you have to move like to other country (or region), that can trigger request for additional PCC. But again nothing behind that. I hope this helps.
Hey, thanks for the swift response!

Not even remotely connected to Canada (none of that LMIA points business) and the office is in the same city, either, so no travelling involved whatsoever.

From what I understood, they only want to be notified if there's anything that impacts the application, but there's such a vagueness in the first line ("You need to notify the CIC about any changes") and then the qualifier ("Particularly about any of the following...") that I wanted to make sure.

Also, a bit of humor - now that 3000 more people got their ITA's and we're yet to see a single case of PPR from NDVO, this is how I imagine their office is right now:

morice

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Morice
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
Ruby31 said:
So 24 hours after medicals got passed, I have received ADR for schedule A and Supplementary travel info forms for me and Supplementary travel info for my spouse.

I had submitted schedule a form upfront with my application since I answered yes to a statutory question. Don't get why they are asking for it again.

Will refill and sending it with the other docs tomorrow.

Pls update.

P.S: I never got any mail for the updated medical status. In fact when I got the mail from CIC, I thought it was the mail for the update in medicals. Thank God I didn't assume and checked only to see that it was a mail for ADR.
I have got exactly the same as you... except for me they were asking:

"Please use the following link to provide details of your address history for the period October 2011 to Present Date. Do not leave any gaps in time"

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddharthbala said:

Not even remotely connected to Canada (none of that LMIA points business) and the office is in the same city, either, so no travelling involved whatsoever.

From what I understood, they only want to be notified if there's anything that impacts the application, but there's such a vagueness in the first line ("You need to notify the CIC about any changes") and then the qualifier ("Particularly about any of the following...") that I wanted to make sure.

Also, a bit of humor - now that 3000 more people got their ITA's and we're yet to see a single case of PPR from NDVO, this is how I imagine their office is right now:

For the sake of your sanity you can inform them, but again changing job after AOR is futile. Same as we do not inform them, if we go for a holiday or business trip abroad. That info is more of important things like - change of family compositions, change of permanent residence country or adress or finally getting a PCC that took too long to get before.
Of course if your current or future job has something to do with government, then you shall inform them.
At least this is my opinion.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
siddharthbala said:

Nice one (on the humor part) hehhehe

So yes, you're correct. They're very specific on what they want to be informed in within your AOR letter... the last point abou list of job refers to a job offer you have in Canada that gives you Points on your application. So trips, holidays, if you become unemployed or even if you win the lottery, you don't have to inform them and in fact if you do inform them you're just adding more (potentially useless) info to your file which will probably result in longer processing time.

Ruby31

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morice said:
I have got exactly the same as you... except for me they were asking:

"Please use the following link to provide details of your address history for the period October 2011 to Present Date. Do not leave any gaps in time"
Congrats Morice.

I was also asked to explain a one year gap in my schedule a. I actually didn't miss the one year out when I filled and sent the form initially. guess they just need more clarification cos the one year was spent doing a compulsory national youth service corps which is a program that's mandated by the govt of my country for every university/polytechnic graduate after graduation. so I am sure its cos CIC has never heard about it before and they need some explanation on it. lol.

All the best.

Ruby31

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FeelGoodNic said:
Hi again Ruby, just wanted to add that I just received my PPR today so it looks like what I sent them for my travel docs was acceptable :)
Oh my word! Wow! That was Uber fast!

What VO? also share your timeline pls.

Won't be a bad idea at all to get this surprise after submitting the forms today too. lool.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
jianxia15 said:
I just received request for additional document from HKVO ;D It's a China specific document.

Good luck to us all!

Here is my time line.

FSW-Outland

12.30 AOR
01.13 MEP
01.15 BG: NN>NS
01.19 AD: Travel History
01.22 BG: NS>NN
02.09 AD: Hukou
good its moving!

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please update kk1988 -- bgc from ns --to ---nn---ip on feb9
if the background check in process, is that means I pass the r10 check?

Sandycool

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Seniors,

Below is my timeline and I haven't heard anything yet:

CEC-Inland
EAOR=18th DEC, 2016
Medical Passed= Not needed at this time
BG= Not started.

Can someone tell me how long I have to wait..?? My WP is expiring in June this year... kinda worried... :(

Sandycool

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Moreover I saw a guy who submitted his file on 27th Dec get Medical passed ... so is there anything to worry about??

Please help