Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Hi All,
I am almost done with uploading the documents after ITA. I noticed that only for my wife (who moved to the US only 3+ yrs ago), the upload section is asking for India PCC. For me (I have resided in the US for 11+ yrs), it's only asking for FBI PCC. Is this something others have seen? Should I just upload FBI PCC and wait to see if they ask for India PCC (I have it).

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Yes, for 4 years. It's in the Personal History section as well. The upload page has 2 entries for my wife but only 1 for me (stating only for the US).

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
There seems to be a technical glitch. My doc checklist page initially had one field to upload 2 PCCs but later had 2 separate placeholders. I suggest you scan both your PCCs into one file and upload it.

Reactions: Cubicrootofthee

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Yes, I noticed the glitch too (just now). The upload section for the PCC keeps shifting between asking for US and generally saying 'Police Certificate'. Better to get the doc in there. Thanks guys.

rj0786

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
hi guys i have a differen
Yes, I noticed the glitch too (just now). The upload section for the PCC keeps shifting between asking for US and generally saying 'Police Certificate'. Better to get the doc in there. Thanks guys.
hi guys i have a different situation i have no option coming for any pcc to upload can you guys please help me i have only one week left to submit and i was almost 18 when i came here in Canada does that matter

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hi All,
I am almost done with uploading the documents after ITA. I noticed that only for my wife (who moved to the US only 3+ yrs ago), the upload section is asking for India PCC. For me (I have resided in the US for 11+ yrs), it's only asking for FBI PCC. Is this something others have seen? Should I just upload FBI PCC and wait to see if they ask for India PCC (I have it).
Hey it is a technical glitch. Just make sure that your Internet connection is good and try logging out/clearing browser cache/logging in at other time,.. Only when the upload page is properly displayed (2 separate placeholders for PCCs) should you upload them.
Or you can risk uploading 2 PCCs in 1 place, taking a screenshot and explain it in LOE.
Just to make sure, is the 4-year period in India before of after 2010?

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
hi guys i have a differen

hi guys i have a different situation i have no option coming for any pcc to upload can you guys please help me i have only one week left to submit and i was almost 18 when i came here in Canada does that matter
You do not need any PCC if you haven't stayed in any country other than Canada for longer that 6 months in a row since you had turned 18 (or in the last 10 years if you're older than 28). Canadian PCC is not required unless they send you a request. In other words, if you arrived to Canada when you had been younger than 18 and never left Canada for more than 6 months, you don't need to submit any PCC at all.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hey man are u sure i dont need to give any pcc ?
Didn't you check the link that I sent to you in the previous message?!

IRCC's website said:
Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I do understand that a PCC is required from a country where you stayed 6 months or more in the last 10 years.

I have left my country in June 2011 and since then all the time I was in the UK .

So if i apply in Feb 2021, the last 10 years backwards would end in Feb 2011. I moved to UK in June 2011 so there is an overlay of 4 months which as per rule is less than 6 months. So will I have to provide a police certificate for these 4 months from my home country considering the fact that I was living there since birth?