+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Dependent Work experience required?

makeithappen

Oct 2, 2017
Hello All,

We are trying for express entry and my wife is primary applicant. We both are working in IT companies in India.
She has shown her work experience and has all the proofs. So, wanted to check if I need to also show my Indian work experience and work history also? Will it make any difference if we dont show it? I have no work experience in Canada.

Please suggest.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your Indian work experience is irrelevant to her application, mention it only in the personal history section once she receives an ITA. No proof of employment will be required.

makeithappen

Oct 2, 2017
Your Indian work experience is irrelevant to her application, mention it only in the personal history section once she receives an ITA. No proof of employment will be required.
Thanks for reply. I am currently in Europe from last 1.5 years due to my work . So, I will be getting my PCC and Medical done from Europe. So, would it create confusion in minds of Canadian Visa officers that why I am there and what I am doing and If I am working then why we didnt mention it in work experience?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like I said, everything will be duly mentioned in the personal history section.

No issue.

makeithappen

Oct 2, 2017
Thank You. This has triggered one more question in my mind. Actually We have our profile already submitted with my (dependent) work experience and all the location details in work experience section. I have lived in different cities in my home country and now in Europe we are quite confident that we will get ITA in next draw. So, if we dont remove my (dependent's) work experience and receive ITa can we later skip the work experience documents for me or it becomes mandatory to submit all. How CIC takes it or see dependent work experience.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't remove it there will be placeholders in the document checklist for you to upload proof of employment.

Technically you could upload whatever floats your boat in those placeholders as your work experience adds no value but it is simply a waste of time.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi, I am in Canada currently.
I have a question-In Canada,I am working in noc-b job and soon i am completing 1 year in that.
I came here as as student.My studies were done in 2015 and from 2015-2017 I was working in India which I told embassy while filing for student visa.But i was working in India on cash and the pay was low fr the tax slab-so i did not even file tax.

Now, I ma bout to file express entry-so want to know that is it mandatory to show Indian experience in that express entry profile?
My points are good enough with Canadian experience only.
I am concerned because for Indian experience, I have only experience letter.

Please let me know if anybody can help in these questions.