+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry CRS Score System Tool: What is the meaning of only one occupation in the foreign skilled work experience section?

carvyon

Aug 7, 2022
6) Work Experience
ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

I have had several jobs eg:
1st job: Accounting Executive
2nd job: Internal Auditor
Are they counted as one occupation or two? My 1st job is under NOC code 12200 while my 2nd job falls under 11100. However, they both fall under similar Broad occupational category 1 – Business, finance and administration occupations. How do you differentiate one occupation?

Please enlighten me. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
6) Work Experience
ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

I have had several jobs eg:
1st job: Accounting Executive
2nd job: Internal Auditor
Are they counted as one occupation or two? My 1st job is under NOC code 12200 while my 2nd job falls under 11100. However, they both fall under similar Broad occupational category 1 – Business, finance and administration occupations. How do you differentiate one occupation?

Please enlighten me. Thank you.
To be eligible for EE-FSW you need one year of continuous full time experience in one NOC. After that one year, you can have different NOCs. You match your job responsibilities in your employment letter to the NOC.

Reactions: carvyon

carvyon

Aug 7, 2022
Thank you for your reply. I have fulfilled the one-year continuous full-time experience. I am looking to improve my score under this work experience section for a total of 3 years of work experience. Since I have 2 different jobs before. Can I work for 2 different companies for 1 occupation? I am looking for my next job that can help improve my score so do I need to apply back to a similar job with a different company since I have resigned already?
My work experience.
1st job: Accounting Executive (ONE YEAR EXP) NOC 12200
2nd job: Internal Auditor (ONE YEAR EXP) NOC 11100

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I have fulfilled the one-year continuous full-time experience. I am looking to improve my score under this work experience section for a total of 3 years of work experience. Since I have 2 different jobs before. Can I work for 2 different companies for 1 occupation? I am looking for my next job that can help improve my score so do I need to apply back to a similar job with a different company since I have resigned already?
My work experience.
1st job: Accounting Executive (ONE YEAR EXP) NOC 12200
2nd job: Internal Auditor (ONE YEAR EXP) NOC 11100
You can work for different companies with the same NOC.

Reactions: carvyon