+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Comprehensive Ranking System (Points System)

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
msajmani said:
I Spoke to CIC today...

IF you have EITHEr...a JOB OFFER under ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT category OR PNP you are guaranteed 600 Points.

Another important INfo for PGWP holders...... if you are working as PGWP and have REGULAR PERMANENT FULL TIME JOB OFFER of NOC O A B Category jobs... u are LMIA EXEMPTED and WILL GET full 600 Points for ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT.... Just make sure ur employer has provided you authentic offer letter with all the benefits mentioned....
Oh did they mention that LMIA is not require for PGWP holders with a permanent fulltime job?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
msajmani said:
I Spoke to CIC today...

IF you have EITHEr...a JOB OFFER under ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT category OR PNP you are guaranteed 600 Points.

Another important INfo for PGWP holders...... if you are working as PGWP and have REGULAR PERMANENT FULL TIME JOB OFFER of NOC O A B Category jobs... u are LMIA EXEMPTED and WILL GET full 600 Points for ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT.... Just make sure ur employer has provided you authentic offer letter with all the benefits mentioned....
Wow thanks, that's great news for many PGWP people with a perm term job right now. :D
I was a bit panicked when I saw the lines about needing a LMIA for people exempted from LMO before. ???

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hello all

I have a PGWP (valid for next three years) and currently working with a company in Calgary. My job is valid till September, 2016. It is a full time job. Would I be eligible for points under Arranged Employment.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
kainthsimranjit said:
Hello all

I have a PGWP (valid for next three years) and currently working with a company in Calgary. My job is valid till September, 2016. It is a full time job. Would I be eligible for points under Arranged Employment.
only if your company/position has a positive LMIA

janeloveeasy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiffany123 said:
only if your company/position has a positive LMIA

Now I am really confused!
some are saying LMIA exempt if holding PGWP and eligible for 600 points VS somes are saying no, LMIA is required for all applicants who want that 600 point??

we need clarification from CIC !!!

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
Yes, If you are currently working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit, the employer who has offered you a permanent position will need to get a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC to support your FSWP application, even if you are already working for them. Please check the HRSDC website for more details

(www esdc gc ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/students/index.shtml)

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
Can anyone please recheck with me, I will return the favor as well

-Level of Education : masters from Canada =126
-Language: L-8.5,R-8,W-7,S-7.5 = 32+32+29+32 =125
-Canadian Work experience , 16 month =35
-Spouse= masters in Pharmacy = 10 (HuhHuh) (No ECA)
-With good official language proficiency and a post-secondary degree =50
-With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree=25

Total : 471

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody

People who has either a nomination from a province or a valid job offer, will be granted 600 points, it is as simple as that, no need for confusion. If your doubts are in terms of the LMIA, then you need to verify with your current and/or potential employer the status of this, because it is the employer the one required to fulfill this.

If you are already working in Canada under a PGWP, and you have a permanent job offer to continue working, PLEASE verify with your employer the status of the LMIA process. It does not affect the points, but you need to get this done in order to apply for PR under the FSW program.

There is no minimum threshold, the points you obtain out of your profile, are used to determine your position in a list, and yes, if you do not have a job offer or have been nominated by a province then you and I are way down the list. But here is the good news, if you have a good resume, and your credentials and language are within the expectations of a potential employer, then you need to promote yourself within the new job bank, and here is where the difference starts because employers will look into your profile end determine if you are what they are looking for, including the provinces. Here is when we have the opportunity for obtaining a job offer.

Hope this helps

spk_fswp

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

Does anybody has an excel file / template by which it will be easy to calculate points for Express Entry.

I am really confused.

Whether ECA for spouce is compulsory for Express entry?

spk

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
see here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

let me know if this helps

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
Can we apply for express entry if we've already applied prior to Jan 2015? It seems to be faster process if you have high points. Eg job offer and pnp.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
30. I am currently waiting for my application for permanent residence to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Can I submit an Express Entry profile?

You may submit a new Express Entry profile, but it is not necessary. However, we will not refund any processing fees paid related to your original application. Your existing application will be processed based on the rules in place at the time you applied.

If you choose to create an Express Entry profile and are invited to apply, you will be required to submit a new application for permanent residence and the associated processing fees.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
omaus25 said:
30. I am currently waiting for my application for permanent residence to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Can I submit an Express Entry profile?

You may submit a new Express Entry profile, but it is not necessary. However, we will not refund any processing fees paid related to your original application. Your existing application will be processed based on the rules in place at the time you applied.

If you choose to create an Express Entry profile and are invited to apply, you will be required to submit a new application for permanent residence and the associated processing fees.
This is interesting. May I know where you got the info from? Thanks.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joyous said:
This is interesting. May I know where you got the info from? Thanks.
My pleasure:

Here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#30