+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry- Closed work permit

sam2318

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone,
I worked for my employer XYZ in the US for 2.5 years. I was then moved to Canada December 2017 and I am currently employed with them on a full time closed work permit. I created my Express Entry application today and selected "yes" for the arranged employment since I am currently working here. I moved from the same parent company in the US to Canada.

For the question "Has ##### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)" I selected Yes since I have been working for my employer listed on the work permit for 2.5 year prior to moving to Canada. Can someone verify that this is the right selection? I got the additional 50 points for arranged employment in Canada, which meets the minimum criteria, but I don't want to mess the application if this isn't accurate.

Thanks
Samdisha

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
For the question "Has ##### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)".

Thanks
Samdisha
Please double check whether this question for the Overall or Canadian experience. If it is asking for Canadian experience then you should select NO

tlswodnjs

Jan 29, 2018
Hi everyone,
I worked for my employer XYZ in the US for 2.5 years. I was then moved to Canada December 2017 and I am currently employed with them on a full time closed work permit. I created my Express Entry application today and selected "yes" for the arranged employment since I am currently working here. I moved from the same parent company in the US to Canada.

For the question "Has ##### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)" I selected Yes since I have been working for my employer listed on the work permit for 2.5 year prior to moving to Canada. Can someone verify that this is the right selection? I got the additional 50 points for arranged employment in Canada, which meets the minimum criteria, but I don't want to mess the application if this isn't accurate.

Thanks
Samdisha
Hi Samdisha,

What did you end up doing? Were you able to claim the 50 points? I am experiencing the same situation as you.

Thanks!

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Do not claim 50 points if you were not working for the employer under work permit in Canada.